Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: MI vs OH
Michigan 109 51.42%
Ohio 103 48.58%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:29 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,276 times

Advertisements

I love both of them, but I gotta go with MI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 02:26 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,845,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I have nothing personal against the state. I just find a lot of humorous irony in the posts here. So many talking about how great Michigan is but they made sure to move at the first chance.
Quote:
Actually, I've lived in 5 states and a foreign country. The difference is, I actually thought Ohio was good enough to come back to. I will probably live other places in the future, but I will also always come back.
LOL, nothing like talking in circles! Somebody leaves MI and comes back it is because they left because the state stinks; you or others leave OH and come back it is just because OH is great... if it is so frigging great, why did you have the need to leave for 5 different states and a different Country? Why are you planning on moving away in the future if you are just going to end up going back?

Nothing like double standards. You have just shown how biased and foolish your arguments have been.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:38 PM

79 posts, read 238,925 times
Quote:
Actually, I've lived in 5 states and a foreign country. The difference is, I actually thought Ohio was good enough to come back to. I will probably live other places in the future, but I will also always come back.

And honestly, I have never seen Oregon get the kind of hate that anyplace in the Midwest does, including Ohio/Michigan. That's just a silly statement.
Haha.. It's amazing how some people are so afraid of being wrong about what another person, who they've never met, says and does. Amazing.. That's all I have to say.

Proud Michigander, Go Blue!!

Old 05-12-2011, 03:39 PM

79 posts, read 238,925 times
Quote:

And honestly, I have never seen Oregon get the kind of hate that anyplace in the Midwest does, including Ohio/Michigan. That's just a silly statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
LOL, nothing like talking in circles! Somebody leaves MI and comes back it is because they left because the state stinks; you or others leave OH and come back it is just because OH is great... if it is so frigging great, why did you have the need to leave for 5 different states and a different Country? Why are you planning on moving away in the future if you are just going to end up going back?

Nothing like double standards. You have just shown how biased and foolish your arguments have been.

Thank you

Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,467,349 times
Quote:

Not to get into the middle of this, but I don't think it's unheard of to love a place but want to experience something else for awhile.

When I moved to Wyoming several years ago, I knew then that I had absolutely no intention of staying there forever. But I was very much looking forward to a change in lifestyle - at least for a little while. I ended up staying five years, but there wasn't a day that I was there that I thought I'd always stay.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:09 PM

35 posts, read 65,649 times
Quote:

Another thank you.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:45 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,051,721 times
Quote:

The person I was responding to stated that they would most likely never move back to Michigan. Try reading, it does wonders.

As for why I left, there were several reasons. However, the ultimate reason is that I don't think you can truly appreciate where you come from without seeing other parts of the world, including the US. So far, I haven't found any particular place that was *better* than where I am from, only different. I will travel further because I enjoy new experiences and seeing new places, even if ultimately I always come home.

I don't find fault with people who necessarily move, but I do think it is extremely ironic to act like where you come from is the best place ever, but chose to move and state that you will never return. Obviously in that case, Michigan was not the best place. In my case, Ohio is. No double standard, sorry.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyduck View Post
Haha.. It's amazing how some people are so afraid of being wrong about what another person, who they've never met, says and does. Amazing.. That's all I have to say.

Proud Michigander, Go Blue!!
I'm not sure how what you're saying has anything to do with the post you quoted, but ok.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Not to get into the middle of this, but I don't think it's unheard of to love a place but want to experience something else for awhile.

When I moved to Wyoming several years ago, I knew then that I had absolutely no intention of staying there forever. But I was very much looking forward to a change in lifestyle - at least for a little while. I ended up staying five years, but there wasn't a day that I was there that I thought I'd always stay.
Exactly. I don't get the logic in which you're not allowed to travel or move elsewhere if you love your home state. That's not the point. However, if you are going to exclaim how awesome your home state is, moving somewhere else only to never return brings up the logical conclusion that it was not as great as claimed.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:55 PM

BTW Michigan fans...

The next time you take a flight out of Michigan, you can thank Ohioans.
The next time you watch a movie on that flight, you can thank Ohioans.
If you move to the South, you can thank Ohioans that you're still in the United States.

Just a small sample of how you can thank an awesome state and its people. But I'm sure your beaches are nice. A real national impact, sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City