Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 10:26 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,396,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
I like the way kanye dresses.. Metrosexual..
I mean I can understand why other cities do like that look because thats in in many other places BUT tight anything on a black male in Detroit (skinny jeans, muscle shirts, tight pants etc) and feminine jewelry and bags in a NO NO! lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:31 PM

492 posts, read 1,028,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
you should have took some pictures from you time there lol. I want to see everyday regular people from other parts of NY. Because those pictures would be like me posting nothing but West Bloomfield people (not saying its exactly the same). West Bloomfield is one of the wealthiest cities in Detroit Metro and they dress very well. Well the WB people I know. But I know the avg Detroit/Metro person doesn't have "WB money" so of course they're not going to dress like them.
Yeah I should have. Now Dont get me wrong, you have people there who can dress (like everywhere else) but not everybody there dresses like those pictures of nyc in a few of the posts. Although they would like you to believe that.

If somebody put up some pictures of average people in Queens, Brooklyn, SI, the Bronx, etc. it would look look like anywhere hood/urban, USA (with a few more yankee fitteds thrown in)

And times are still hard. People are still looking for work. I dont think East/West/North/South is too fashionable these days. Not like they use to be.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:32 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,415,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
I mean I can understand why other cities do like that look because thats in in many other places BUT tight anything on a black male in Detroit (skinny jeans, muscle shirts, tight pants etc) and feminine jewelry and bags in a NO NO! lol.
fiited is good , now tite is just inbearable , i dont hate on guys with super tight jeans cause at the end of the day they attract women(well innyc they do) but honestly each time i try on tight jeans i just feel way to uncomfy

Old 09-27-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
well i dont agree i beleive nyc is number 1 in fashion but doesnt influence everyone.

im sure eek knows the west coast and texas have their own unique styles , and i have even noticed this reading source magazines.
thats my whole point. eek was basically trying to say NY run everything, every city is heavily influenced by NY even if we so called "don't know it", and that even though LA set trends we all (US as a whole has influences from NY). That is not true. In the 80s and 90s Detroit did used to have some influence from NY. But also from Chicago and LA. I usually don't say Chicago cuz our style has always been similar so I don't separate from it. But even though we got influences from those cities we always had our own style. I don't think Detroit has just gotten rid of our own style just to adapt to others. Our own style was always our biggest influence. But NY, LA, Chicago, Miami etc get brands first.

Last edited by detroitlove; 09-27-2010 at 10:42 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
fiited is good , now tite is just inbearable , i dont hate on guys with super tight jeans cause at the end of the day they attract women(well innyc they do) but honestly each time i try on tight jeans i just feel way to uncomfy
Detroit guys mostly wear semi-baggy jeans because in all honesty when females here see a dude in tight jeans they clown them. and most of time the dude is gay anyway. But Detroit is heavy in the drug game too. I think that has a lot to do with it. You just cant be trying to be out here in the streets acting tough with skinny jeans on. Not saying there are not working men but the drug dealers always kind of ran the fashion scene.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Yeah I should have. Now Dont get me wrong, you have people there who can dress (like everywhere else) but not everybody there dresses like those pictures of nyc in a few of the posts. Although they would like you to believe that.

If somebody put up some pictures of average people in Queens, Brooklyn, SI, the Bronx, etc. it would look look like anywhere hood/urban, USA (with a few more yankee fitteds thrown in)

And times are still hard. People are still looking for work. I dont think East/West/North/South is too fashionable these days. Not like they use to be.
I believe you. I know there are fashionable people everywhere and non fashionable as well. Your posts keep making me think about this summer I ran into a NY dude downtown. He tried to talk to me and the only thing I kept doing was looking at his fit like "aint you from NY?" with a frown face lol. idk y but that just keep coming to my mind when I read your comments. Maybe because of your "we da best" comments lol

Old 09-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:

no they wouldnt , even thugs in nyc have fashion sense. now dont put words in my mouth not all do cause some thugs hate the new fiited designer wear epidemic , and rather still stick to their urban hip hop clothes that went out of style. now i respect the ones who have something to show for it whether it be cars, cash or jewelry.

but if thugs innyc really did dress like every other poor hood in america then their would be no need for them to laugh when they go down south. since according to you they all look the same

Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
no they wouldnt , even thugs in nyc have fashion sense. now dont put words in my mouth not all do cause some thugs hate the new fiited designer wear epidemic , and rather still stick to their urban hip hop clothes that went out of style. now i respect the ones who have something to show for it whether it be cars, cash or jewelry.

but if thugs innyc really did dress like every other poor hood in america then their would be no need for them to laugh when they go down south. since according to you they all look the same
Your average NY dude dress like Kay Slay and Papoose

Stuck in the 90's
LMFAO!!!!!

Naw im playing. Just a little humor.
But you aint bout to NYC me to death.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Your average NY dude dress like Kay Slay and Papoose

Stuck in the 90's
LMFAO!!!!!

Naw im playing. Just a little humor.
You aint bout to NYC me to death.
o ok cool i was about to say cause papoose was the main dude who feened for gino green shirts. i thought the dude had only gino green shirts in his closet.

and yea kay slay dresses so 2005 big gangsta leather with the baggy jeans, while papoose has that old worned out leather coat.

some ny thugs who hate this epidemic of designer wear still will be caught rocking thoe but they'll have something to show for it whether it be a gun , cash , jewelry or cars

Old 09-27-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
o ok cool i was about to say cause papoose was the main dude who feened for gino green shirts. i thought the dude had only gino green shirts in his closet.

and yea kay slay dresses so 2005 big gangsta leather with the baggy jeans, while papoose has that old worned out leather coat.

some ny thugs who hate this epidemic of designer wear still will be caught rocking thoe but they'll have something to show for it whether it be a gun , cash , jewelry or cars
LOL. If you go to google images and type in papoose, I swear almost every picture has him in gino green SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City