Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 09:55 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
those type of polos with the small sign are so 06 - 07
the ones with the big sign are as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,093,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
And how does this make you feel as an individual? How does this effect your life? LOL

Does it empower you?
how does this make you feel as an individual- Great

How does this effect your life- it affects it not at all

Does it empower you- IDK but its pretty cool. And if anything i get a kick out of how "only in ny" post encourage jealous remarks such as this one. I guess that part enpowers me

Old 09-27-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMFORD. View Post
Kanye West is a (transplant) New Yorker anyway. LOL.

I'm sure he draws inspiration from SoHo (where he lives). It's only natural people for people who love fashion to be dawn to New York.

I've seen Kanye West's style in New York for a decade.
lol IMO Kanye dress kind of......well lets just say not "straightf male-ish" I hate the way he dresses now really. Ew man bags, tight jeans, bangles I'll pass. and I'm talking about Kanye not NY as whole. But while we're at it can somebody from NY post pics of non Manhattan people. I mean regular everyday folks from the other burroughs.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:02 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,414,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
actually not just the midwest. there are threads on here even givin the Chi props for their style. and the internet does in fact give everyone access to fashions they wouldn't get without the internet. For instance, I posted the Laguna Beach Jeans right well for the longest everybody from here was buying them online until they start selling them in local stores and without the demand of the jeans from online they probly wouldn't even sell them in MI. and your right, without fashion sense it doesn't mean anything. fashion sense goes way beyond a brand its the whole style. Hence why I said not everywhere is extra NY influenced because everybody don't take NY style to the T. Some areas take from some of everywhere and create their own style.

wow if your city really relies on the internet that much and can easily start a trend all cause you posted a pic then that must be a very open minded city with a lot of peopel wearing fake stuff.

when it comes to brands like laguna jeans you will never see me order it online.

some folks are quick to order or online or buy what they see.

like here in nyc out of towners come to our city and are quick to buy gucci , LV, and other high brands like laguna beach and true religions from the africans on canal/

word to wise for all you peeps who come to nyc the real stuff is on browdway not CANAL WITH THE AFRICAN/CHINESE IMMIGRANTS.

btw not everywhere is nyc influenced which is correct but the majority of the south mainly south east is very influenced.

idk where you got the idea that every single city is nyc influenced cause i know the west coast style and its always been a it off from nyc.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 PM

now that I think of it a lot of what Detroiters have worn in some yrs now have actually been more influenced by the westcoast (when it comes to what little we do take from other places). Live Machanics, plaid shirts, LBJ etc

Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 PM

468 posts, read 790,630 times
These are trendy fashions u will see all over the place.. This nothing new, slim ties. Cardigan with bow tie. Trench coats... Cut off Jean Jacket ( which was stolen from biker men.. Women in pencil skirts and wedge heals nothing new I'm still trying to figure out what's sets nyers apart.. Some of these fashions are from the 80s 60s and 50s.. There being re vamped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMFORD. View Post
You want more?
You've got it.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
the ones with the big sign are as well
the ones with the big signs are more up to date then the small sign , if you aren't wearing the small or the big sign polo then what polo sign are you wearing?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
now that I think of it a lot of what Detroiters have worn in some yrs now have actually been more influenced by the westcoast (when it comes to what little we do take from other places). Live Machanics, plaid shirts, LBJ etc
the leather jackets detroit thugs wear are very ny influenced. i guess because detroit is cold while the west coast isnt.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
wow if your city really relies on the internet that much and can easily start a trend all cause you posted a pic then that must be a very open minded city with a lot of peopel wearing fake stuff.

when it comes to brands like laguna jeans you will never see me order it online.

some folks are quick to order or online or buy what they see.

like here in nyc out of towners come to our city and are quick to buy gucci , LV, and other high brands like laguna beach and true religions from the africans on canal/

word to wise for all you peeps who come to nyc the real stuff is on browdway not CANAL WITH THE AFRICAN/CHINESE IMMIGRANTS.

btw not everywhere is nyc influenced which is correct but the majority of the south mainly south east is very influenced.

idk where you got the idea that every single city is nyc influenced cause i know the west coast style and its always been a it off from nyc.
I'm not saying all our stuff comes from the internet nor am I saying people buy fake stuff lol. When I said they order them online I meant from the LBJ Co website. The trend could have reached here any type of way. I mean Detroit people do travel lol j/k but someone could have easily went to Cali brought some back and they got hot or someone could have seen them on TV (I have on one of them MTV shows lol) etc. I didn't say that every city is influenced by NYC eek basically did.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
how does this make you feel as an individual- Great

How does this effect your life- it affects it not at all

Does it empower you- IDK but its pretty cool. And if anything i get a kick out of how "only in ny" post encourage jealous remarks such as this one. I guess that part enpowers me
Jealous? ......Come on Bro....can you please explain to me how you came to this conclusion

I just like to ask those questions to show how silly it sounds when yall "extra regular a** ni**as" go off on this NYC tip. Unlike a lot of you NYC posters/boosters up here, I dont look for my city to define me. I dont even care what things my city/area is the best at. Thats silly. Im grown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City