Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,415,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
Preach!
hes wrong so he isnt preaching nothing , u claimed you have been to nyc before , so how are you saying preach when kanye doesnt even wear the type of fitted jeans that ny,ers do??

kanye west pants for the most part are tight as hell. and not to mention he wears super high name brands which im not even talking about.

and also 99 percent of chicago dudes living in the south and west side do not dress like kanye.

which is why the only chicago dude i give props to for clothing is my man LUPE. now lupes jeans are what you call fitted and not super tight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 PM

21 posts, read 30,178 times
Quote:
up but 3 of the pics have the same man in them
You want more?

You've got it.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
those type of polos with the small sign are so 06 - 07

Old 09-27-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
people do go to NY to shop but people also go to LA and Chicago as well. I know a lot of people here actually will go to the Chi first before anywhere. In some ways our styles are close. Just like I could imagine that cities more closer to LA will go to LA first
only people in th emidwest will vouch for chicago.

but you are right about l.a and nyc.

i just dont get why this poster said because of the internet and new boutiques that people are more upgraded. that makes no sense.

no matter how many new stores open in your area if your city does not have fashion sense it really means nothing.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,094,351 times
ya nyc is head and shoulders above the rest. Its gotten to the point where fashion is displayed for no reason. I've seen an old mexican lady rocking fresh new airmax 95s on the 2 train. Something like that is unheard of in any other city

Old 09-27-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
Wasn't u the one that just said all trends don't start in NYC.. Didn't u quote EEK on that.. People have been wearing fitted jeans since 2005 I was wearing then when I first started skate boarding..
not all trends started in nyc on a global scale but im talking about fly clothing thats close to the hip hop genre as i have quoted plenty of times.

and also your a skateboarder i never knew skateboarders in my entire life since birth who wore baggy jeans so idk why that even matters.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 PM

492 posts, read 1,028,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
ya nyc is head and shoulders above the rest. Its gotten to the point where fashion is displayed for no reason. I've seen an old mexican lady rocking fresh new airmax 95s on the 2 train. Something like that is unheard of in any other city
And how does this make you feel as an individual? How does this effect your life? LOL

Does it empower you?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 PM

21 posts, read 30,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
not only did this mess my loading speed up but 3 of the pics have the same man in them....i give nyc their props but not everything starts there. Besides pharrel and kanye were wearing fitted jeans back in '03-'04

mas23

Kanye West is a (transplant) New Yorker anyway. LOL.

I'm sure he draws inspiration from SoHo (where he lives). It's only natural people for people who love fashion to be dawn to New York.

I've seen Kanye West's style in New York for a decade.

Last edited by TOMFORD.; 09-27-2010 at 09:40 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 09:37 PM

492 posts, read 1,028,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMFORD. View Post
Kanye West is a (transplant) New Yorker anyway. LOL.

I'm sure he draws inspiration from SoHo (where he lives). It's only natural people for people who love fashion to be dawn to New York.

Ohmmmm, I missed it.

But how does this make you feel as an individual? Does this empower you?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,396,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
only people in th emidwest will vouch for chicago.

but you are right about l.a and nyc.

i just dont get why this poster said because of the internet and new boutiques that people are more upgraded. that makes no sense.

no matter how many new stores open in your area if your city does not have fashion sense it really means nothing.
actually not just the midwest. there are threads on here even givin the Chi props for their style. and the internet does in fact give everyone access to fashions they wouldn't get without the internet. For instance, I posted the Laguna Beach Jeans right well for the longest everybody from here was buying them online until they start selling them in local stores and without the demand of the jeans from online they probly wouldn't even sell them in MI. and your right, without fashion sense it doesn't mean anything. fashion sense goes way beyond a brand its the whole style. Hence why I said not everywhere is extra NY influenced because everybody don't take NY style to the T. Some areas take from some of everywhere and create their own style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City