Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,400,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
thank you.

and i'll speak for myself, detroitlove, and i still stand by what i say.

like i said, post your local streetwear brands and dispute it, if you don't like it. i guarantee its nothing new that we haven't already seen here years ago.

and i'm not hyping up anything at all. it is what it is. don't believe me? you don't have to. believe the pics and the links that i've posted that support what i'm saying. believe the fashionistas around the world. believe the list that says we took the title back from milan after losing it to them in 09, prior to carrying it for like 5 consecutive years.

everybody has all this ish to say but nothing to back up their claims. no articles, no pics, nothing.

he got paid from them, iirc.
i remember at one time he called it his label...so...
doubt he designed anything.
eek, this whole thing blew up because you took my critique of your pictures wrong. Saying I was trying to **** on you and talking about I would never see whatever shoes. What did I say to you that was oh so offensive in my first post? That some of the styles you can find in other cities (and I actually didn't mean just Detroit either, I was more so thinking of LA, Chicago, ATL etc)? That was actually my response to you boasting about how "rare" that stuff was. Or were you offended because I gave you reasons why certain things wouldn't be seen here? damn all I said was "its not our style" lol or u mad cuz I said those shoes was played? either way it go you took it wrong and went into this rage about NY dominating every other city and every single city being oh so heavily influenced by NY. And then got mad because people said it wasn't the case

anyway in the end I don't care.....I live in the D, not NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 AM

244 posts, read 568,899 times
Good God those New Yorkers in those photos look fierce!!!!!!

Werk it rich Manhattanites! What a dramatic city lol.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,687,601 times
East>West>South>Midwest
Imho.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 AM

And YE is definitely not an example of Midwest fashion,more NY/Parisian influenced.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 AM

10,117 posts, read 10,007,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus Woodward View Post
Somehow looking at this thread title I just knew that of all the cities in the world, it was going to be Detroit vs. whoever when it came to a fashion debate. We are well dressed individuals, or so we think.

Black people, in my opinion, generally take the gear game very serious. And there is nothing but black people in Detroit, and a lot in NYC, and some of these other cities too, so it no surprise these cities are the ones discussing this issue the most.

I'm more on the keep the whip clean tip but a lot of people here make living in Somerset a lifetime ambition. I would have to say that because NYC is amongst the fashion capitals of the world it has the potential to be without a doubt the best dressed city but... in my many, many visits to NYC I notice the majority of the 8 million plus don't dress like the pictures I have seen posted here. But then again I'm always in the Bronx and not Soho or anything.

Whereas here, everybody makes being fly a priority. But still given that a lot of fashion originates out of NYC, I'd have to go with NYC as the winner. Detroit definitely dominates the Midwest (Chicago people cannot dress), I was just in ATL last week and saw waaay too many Wakka Flakka Flames out there, and I rarely go west of the Missisippi so I don't know what they do there.

my 2 cents.
in my opinion, it doesnt matter where you are from. Some people can dress, some cant. I've seen Bummy NYers, philadelphians, Baltimoreans, Wa****onians. There are a few no-no's in Baltimore: Timbs, AF1's, Reeboks, Fila, extra baggy clothes( no big @ss T's), Leather jackets from the late 90's- early 00's, no demin jackets, no colorful bubble vest( purple, lime green, orange etc... not happenin in Bmore.

There are also alot of styles in Baltimore that i hate: Capris are fruity as hell on dudes im glad that died out. Rockports, I hated those too.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Somehow looking at this thread title I just knew that of all the cities in the world, it was going to be Detroit vs. whoever when it came to a fashion debate. We are well dressed individuals, or so we think. .
Lol at "or so we think". But why would you think that? this thread WAS just different shocasing their fashion without the downing of other cities and who can't dress and superior attitudes and ish........welp major fail.

Quote:
Black people, in my opinion, generally take the gear game very serious. And there is nothing but black people in Detroit, and a lot in NYC, and some of these other cities too, so it no surprise these cities are the ones discussing this issue the most. .
Yea black people do

Quote:
I'm more on the keep the whip clean tip but a lot of people here make living in Somerset a lifetime ambition. I would have to say that because NYC is amongst the fashion capitals of the world it has the potential to be without a doubt the best dressed city but... in my many, many visits to NYC I notice the majority of the 8 million plus don't dress like the pictures I have seen posted here. But then again I'm always in the Bronx and not Soho or anything. .
Man Sommerset be slappin like the club! especially on the weekends. and that damn Gucci store stay packed. Ugh I hate it. Can't even get a pair of gym shoes without all of 7mile being in there lmao j/k. So what did you see amongst regular people of NY?

Quote:
Whereas here, everybody makes being fly a priority. But still given that a lot of fashion originates out of NYC, I'd have to go with NYC as the winner. Detroit definitely dominates the Midwest (Chicago people cannot dress), I was just in ATL last week and saw waaay too many Wakka Flakka Flames out there, and I rarely go west of the Missisippi so I don't know what they do there.

my 2 cents.
Hey hey hey now Chicago straight. Some of our stuff is similar. Back in the 90s a lot of it was and even in the early 2000s when everybody was wearing Haley Hansens in the Chi and Detroit. I got fam there (hella fam) they can dress lol Some of the fashion in the last couple of yrs here came from Cali area.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 AM

once again people this is not a VS thread or what region is better. Just post some pics lol do people even read the first post gosh!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 AM

10,117 posts, read 10,007,109 times
as far as female fashion is concerned ..If a girl is wearing legging and heel, and got a phat @ss to go with those leggings, she can do no wrong..lol

Old 09-28-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
once again people this is not a VS thread or what region is better. Just post some pics lol do people even read the first post gosh!
oops
the VS's in the title is misleading

Old 09-28-2010, 01:01 AM

244 posts, read 568,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
as far as female fashion is concerned ..If a girl is wearing legging and heel, and got a phat @ss to go with those leggings, she can do no wrong..lol
Oversized posteriors?

Ew, how about liposuction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City