Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bronx Vs Hudson
Bronx 30 37.97%
Hudson 49 62.03%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
NEW JERSEYANS HATE STATEN ISLAND.lol Especially your friend openheads
I don't hate Staten Island...................................... I just don't like the fact that NYC flat out rejects Staten Island culture as if it were not bread absolutely, indefinitely & with out question from a fundamental Brooklyn way of life.
New York City HATES Staten Island, not New Jersey!!!!!!!
We just don't appreciate being pinned with a way of life demonized by a NYC media that would rather deny its own perceived flaws & pass them on to others (New Jersey) than fully embrace themselves.
I though you were the almighty New York City. You can't stomach a little criticism? You need to sink so low as to pass perceived negativity onto others?
Is that how small & petty NYC is?
The more you all talk, the more that seems the case.

Last edited by openheads; 06-13-2011 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:
Are you a transplant?

You, a new yorker(allegedly) is sitting here arguing with a fellow new yorker in defense of nj(real nyers dont do that, notice how other nyers are staying out of it). And your from Staten Island.NEW JERSEYANS HATE STATEN ISLAND.lol Especially your friend openheads

But why am i surprised, staten island is least like the rest of nyc and more like new jersey anyway

KONY, other NYers stay out of it b/c they've abandoned you a long time ago (thank heaven many of them aren't like you). I mean, what is this...the 2nd, maybe 3rd year you're still doing this? Aren't you tired son?

Still, there is something to be appreciated in your unusually predictable (and wildly irrational) attitude.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:08 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,524 times
I chose the bronx, although I can see why most would find Hudson county more desirable. I chose NYC even though I can see why people would choose other places. Doesn't mean either one is wrong or right..... LOVE THE BRONX though.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsai View Post
I'm a New Yorker who moved to Hudson. I much prefer it. I like to visit the city, but not live. Just not for me.

About baseball, where did that happen? Hoboken I do believe.
Ah that explains everything.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM

303 posts, read 752,298 times
Quote:
Cooperstown is not nyc. Nyc has the best baseball team, thats enough

The five boroughs were created cuz of jc.lllllllllmmmmmaoo. U serious?

NJ made hip hop popular- i've heard it all
yea it was create because of newark and JC. do your history, both cities were annexing their respective towns and cities around them and were growing. then the mayor of new york which was only manhatten came up with the idea..smh and yea we did go do your history about hip hop and see whats is considered the first single of hip hop and go find out where they're from go ahead go do research instead of making assumptions.

you dont want to do it because you know im gonna be right LMFAOO!!!! thats all it is, you know damn well im gonna be right

Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
yea it was create because of newark and JC. do your history, both cities were annexing their respective towns and cities around them and were growing. then the mayor of new york which was only manhatten came up with the idea..smh and yea we did go do your history about hip hop and see whats is considered the first single of hip hop and go find out where they're from go ahead go do research instead of making assumptions.

you dont want to do it because you know im gonna be right LMFAOO!!!! thats all it is, you know damn well im gonna be right
New york was considered to be what is now manhattan AND the southern portion of the bronx. If you look at the census that was considered to be new york at that time

Also if you look at early american censuses you will see that ny's only competition were cities like philly and boston. Not jersey city or newark. Both were non factors at that point of time. The nyc annexation of the five boroughs was a power move that was meant to make nyc a super/global city like london or paris. It has nothing to do with new jersey

research? Dude im from the bronx, i live and sleep hip hop history. First of all one of the members of the sugarhill gang was actually from the bronx,i guess to give the group authenticity as jersey was non-existant back than. The dude who wrote the lyrics was from the bronx-grandmaster caz. And it was actually people like-afrika bambaataa,kurtis blow,Run dmc, ll cool j etc that brought hip hop to the limelight. Jersey didnt make sh*t popular

Old 06-14-2011, 11:54 AM

125 posts, read 333,588 times
Quote:
Are you a transplant?

You, a new yorker(allegedly) is sitting here arguing with a fellow new yorker in defense of nj(real nyers dont do that, notice how other nyers are staying out of it). And your from Staten Island.NEW JERSEYANS HATE STATEN ISLAND.lol Especially your friend openheads

But why am i surprised, staten island is least like the rest of nyc and more like new jersey anyway
No, I'm not a transplant, I've live in SI all my life.
The claim you're making "Real NYrs don't blah blah blah" is a joke. Everybody is different, NYC is no exception. NJ is full of ex NYers (how can that be?), especially Hudson and Bergen Counties. i'm in tuned with NJ because a lot of my family lives in Bergen and Passaic Counties.

I'm a VERY well traveled NYer, I've been all over this great country. Obviously, you're not, hence you're ridiculous resentment towards a place just east of you're BELOVED city.
There's not point to make all these efforts to belittle NJ. You act like YOU'RE part of the reason NYC is so great, there's plenty of nobodies here who die on the streets, homeless, without anybody who care for them. NYC does not care about you the way you care about it.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,044,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2BeFree View Post
lol, what?
Jealous of the Bronx?

Old 06-14-2011, 05:16 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:
New york was considered to be what is now manhattan AND the southern portion of the bronx. If you look at the census that was considered to be new york at that time

Also if you look at early american censuses you will see that ny's only competition were cities like philly and boston. Not jersey city or newark. Both were non factors at that point of time. The nyc annexation of the five boroughs was a power move that was meant to make nyc a super/global city like london or paris. It has nothing to do with new jersey
Wrong, NYC annexed the surrounding areas to accommodate its growth. NY was growing b/c it attracted many waves of immigrants.

NY and Newark/NJ were competing since both their creation. They beefed for territory (including SI believe it or not), the statue, regional transport/cargo rights etc. etc.

You're so stuck on population numbers that you forget to include significance.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:40 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
yea it was create because of newark and JC. do your history, both cities were annexing their respective towns and cities around them and were growing. then the mayor of new york which was only manhatten came up with the idea..

Do you have a source for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City