U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Bronx Vs Hudson
Bronx 26 35.62%
Hudson 47 64.38%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2,559 posts, read 3,206,502 times
Reputation: 2009

Advertisements

LOL @ KONY.
You've been sucking New Jersey off for 3 years strong. You're making a career out of this.

Bottom line: Like I've said before;Young professionals & the like move to Hudson Co, people save up & move out of The Bronx.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Jungle City aka Jersey City
303 posts, read 407,535 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
LOL @ KONY.
You've been sucking New Jersey off for 3 years strong. You're making a career out of this.

LMAO!!! exactly hes just a hater point blank period. he swears by the life of him his place is better. the poll shows it, numbers favor the JC area and he says we still suck.bwahaha. hes just another self obsessed ny person. give it up my dude, ny is not what its cracked up to be. and how are you going to say we have no cultural significance....BASEBALL was founded in HOBOKEN, (Hudson County)..lmfao!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,460,975 times
Reputation: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
1.ALERT TO CLUELESS NEW JERSEYANS- The statue of liberty is a NYC ATTRACTION. We nyers understand you have to steal our attractions because you have none for yourself. But please stop embarrassing yourselves. Nobody associates the statue of liberty with the state of new jersey nor jersey city. So stop it fools

2. People from new jersey cant get to anything quicker than i can. Stop acting like all of hudson county lives with a train station right down stairs. The GAP widens even further if we start talking transportation by car. Theres enough express buses and trains for bronxites to get into manhattan much quicker than the majority of jersey residents

3. The bronx zoo is the best in the northeast and one of the best in the world. Why would i care what type of access ,a small minority of jerseyans, have to the wack as# central park zoo.lol

4.Also jersey and its cities show how lame they are by leeching off another city in a completely different state. Jerseyans suck nycs money maker so much that they try to use their access to manhattan against other locations that are actually IN NYC. What a joke. Completely forgetting the fact that all boros(sans staten) are closer to manhattan than it is and has a much wider range of public transit options to get to manhattan. The bronx is nyc-millions spend taxes in this boro to help make the city what it is, what would jersey city be without its proximity to new york


YOUR A CITY WHOSE MAIN SELLING POINT IS A VIEW OF ANOTHER CITY. pLEASE LOL

tHE BRONX IS JUST A BOROUGH AND HAS MORE WELL KNOWN THINGS THAN HUDSON COUNTY

Or jersey city AKA- I only have skyscrapers because im close to new york
AKA- We gladly market ourselves as BROOKLYN WEST since we have no culture or identity for ourselves

Or Hoboken AKA- the alternative to SOHO since we have no identity of our own
I forgot to add the fact that the bronx has more people than any city or providence in new jersey.


I guess for those living in the slums of newark,JC,camden and all the other hell holes in jersey-the bronx would be an upgrade huh openheads.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Jungle City aka Jersey City
303 posts, read 407,535 times
Reputation: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I forgot to add the fact that the bronx has more people than any city or providence in new jersey.


I guess for those living in the slums of newark,JC,camden and all the other hell holes in jersey-the bronx would be an upgrade huh openheads.

duh it has more people..it has a bigger size...smh. this guy has lost all common sense abilities hasn't he?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,460,975 times
Reputation: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
duh it has more people..it has a bigger size...smh. this guy has lost all common sense abilities hasn't he?
So now we are making excuses?Bottom line is most of the things new jersey calls cities, are way worst than the bronx
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NYC
126 posts, read 142,763 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
1.ALERT TO CLUELESS NEW JERSEYANS- The statue of liberty is a NYC ATTRACTION. We nyers understand you have to steal our attractions because you have none for yourself. But please stop embarrassing yourselves. Nobody associates the statue of liberty with the state of new jersey nor jersey city. So stop it fools

2. People from new jersey cant get to anything quicker than i can. Stop acting like all of hudson county lives with a train station right down stairs. The GAP widens even further if we start talking transportation by car. Theres enough express buses and trains for bronxites to get into manhattan much quicker than the majority of jersey residents

3. The bronx zoo is the best in the northeast and one of the best in the world. Why would i care what type of access ,a small minority of jerseyans, have to the wack as# central park zoo.lol

4.Also jersey and its cities show how lame they are by leeching off another city in a completely different state. Jerseyans suck nycs money maker so much that they try to use their access to manhattan against other locations that are actually IN NYC. What a joke. Completely forgetting the fact that all boros(sans staten) are closer to manhattan than it is and has a much wider range of public transit options to get to manhattan. The bronx is nyc-millions spend taxes in this boro to help make the city what it is, what would jersey city be without its proximity to new york


YOUR A CITY WHOSE MAIN SELLING POINT IS A VIEW OF ANOTHER CITY. pLEASE LOL

tHE BRONX IS JUST A BOROUGH AND HAS MORE WELL KNOWN THINGS THAN HUDSON COUNTY

Or jersey city AKA- I only have skyscrapers because im close to new york
AKA- We gladly market ourselves as BROOKLYN WEST since we have no culture or identity for ourselves

Or Hoboken AKA- the alternative to SOHO since we have no identity of our own
Lol, wow, you do realize that you're the only one representing the Bronx on here, and seeing how naive and immature you're acting, it's probably one of the many reasons why the Bronx is losing. How old are you?.. sheesh
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:37 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 1,174,051 times
Reputation: 716
Definitely Hudson county. Cities like Hoboken and JC have much more desirable areas areas to live, and also mix in the thriving business environments.

I'll take a that over a zoo and a stadium any day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,460,975 times
Reputation: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2BeFree View Post
Lol, wow.

And the Bronx is still losing.
The bronx has a lingering stigma stemmed from the seventies. Most people vote against without knowing what the heck they're talking about. It is what it is
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM
 
34 posts, read 20,612 times
Reputation: 20
Newark is essex, camden is like 70+ miles from hudson. ellis island is so far into new jersey waters its amazing you say its ny attraction. i guess the supreme court who says most of the island belongs to jersey flies over your head lol.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NYC
126 posts, read 142,763 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The bronx has a lingering stigma stemmed from the seventies. Most people vote against without knowing what the heck they're talking about. It is what it is
Oh please, I live on Staten Island. If anything, you should relate, NJ has bad undeserved stigma too, but you seem to cling on to NJ's stigma to avoid the Bronx's.

It's really a shame.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top