Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Houston surpass Chicago as the 3rd largest city by 2020?
Yes 497 41.49%
No 701 58.51%
Voters: 1198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 04:49 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
People from Houston, or people defending Houston in general, SHOULD NOT be talking about annexation. Houston annexed so much land its ridiculous. Houston is 601.7 square miles and has a pathetic 3,828 people per square mile. Houston is so sprawled that "urban" Houston has an even more pathetic 3.8 million people (remember 2.2 million of them live in the city limits of Houston).
*sigh*

I wish people were not so ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 06:46 PM

366 posts, read 1,441,937 times
Wow I can't wait for mods to review this thread.

Houston will not surpass Chicago in population (not in y'all lifetime) but, in my lifetime it might happen (the cities not the metro areas of the cities.)

I don't see why you guys argue over this crap.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:41 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
*sigh*

I wish people were not so ignorant.
Don't be a hypocrite. How is a fact ignorance. Ignorance is saying ___________ is better than ____________ because I said so, or something along those lines.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 PM

341 posts, read 1,338,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
or maybe we could annex more counties like Atlanta and even parts of other states.

Your sure being hard on Houston when Atl does worse by annexing up to 20 counties, try agian.

Your funny dude, Atlanta cant even annex a small corner of the more affluent north fulton county, let alone annex 20 whole counties. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM????? Dude the counties surronding the city which make up the metro area dont want anything to do with the city, even if an annex vote was attempted it would never win. Atlanta will always be 500K-750K population wise, with a whole bunch of smaller cities around it making the metro what it is. LOL, this dude said Atlanta annexed 20 counties.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Don't be a hypocrite. How is a fact ignorance. Ignorance is saying ___________ is better than ____________ because I said so, or something along those lines.
Same stuff, different day (from you).

Old 02-10-2009, 07:47 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
Your funny dude, Atlanta cant even annex a small corner of the more affluent north fulton county, let alone annex 20 whole counties. WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM????? Dude the counties surronding the city which make up the metro area dont want anything to do with the city, even if an annex vote was attempted it would never win. Atlanta will always be 500K-750K population wise, with a whole bunch of smaller cities around it making the metro what it is. LOL, this dude said Atlanta annexed 20 counties.
I think we've already established that, I've already corrected myself and I was talking about its metro area.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Same stuff, different day (from you).
Okay...Houston isn't going to be #3. I wouldn't be surprised if its growth stopped with the upcoming census. The way the economy is, Northern Cities may have actually grown at faster rates since no one can afford to leave them.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:59 PM

366 posts, read 1,441,937 times
Quote:
Okay...Houston isn't going to be #3. I wouldn't be surprised if its growth stopped with the upcoming census. The way the economy is, Northern Cities may have actually grown at faster rates since no one can afford to leave them.
LoL Trust me our growth will be a surplus when the next census comes out and why would northern cities population grow faster because nobody can afford to leave them? LOL Most people have the money to leave them;if they stay the population growth won't be anything significant. Northerners are flocking to southern/southwestern cities.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:16 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Yeah I don't think Houston's growth stopped at all. If anything, it kept growing because it still had one of the country's strongest economies up until recently and even still it's not that bad compared to other cities.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah I don't think Houston's growth stopped at all. If anything, it kept growing because it still had one of the country's strongest economies up until recently and even still it's not that bad compared to other cities.
Exactly. Houston may have had one of the strongest economies, but the cities people would leave to go to Houston didn't. Houses are hard to sell now, so people can't leave for Houston if they wanted to...

You can't just assume that because its economy was better, people were moving there. They had homes they had to sell before the could relocate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City