Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,770,368 times

Advertisements

1. NYC
2. LA/Chicago/Bay Area
5. Houston

big drop off after top 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post
Cali just doesn't seem to scream foodie scene to me. I don't know ...its hard for me to wrap my head around it.

Why?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:17 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
New Yorkers will argue that their Mexican food is as good as LA's. Its adorable.
Oh, I know they will. There's no argument, at least there isn't at the place I ordered from. The food wasn't nasty but it wasn't good, either.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:19 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,261 times
Quote:
Cali just doesn't seem to scream foodie scene to me. I don't know ...its hard for me to wrap my head around it.
You've got every poster mentioning at least one city in California.

Have you ever even been to a major city in California? Or are you just being totally biased to Chicago?

Speaking of other cities in California, had the best clam chowder and seafood in San Francisco.

Last edited by theraven24; 05-19-2014 at 09:08 PM..

Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,592 times
I can't wrap my head around California having 2 of the top 4 (order of these 4 can be argued, but all relatively same level imo) all around foodie scenes in the country!!!!11 What's that you say? It has been this way for quite some time now?????? Mind Blown! Next thing you are gonna tell me is that California has the most fertile / best agricultural land around..

Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 PM

895 posts, read 1,239,569 times
Idk maybe its just when I think of Cali cities other things come to mind. They just don't seem to scream incredible food or you can get a great --- from la etc. Not trying to bash it...or that I don't believe it. I was just saying I'm surprised to hear it because other places come to mind before Cali (Memphis, new Orleans, Chicago, new York, Philly, and so on).

Old 05-19-2014, 08:45 PM

112 posts, read 136,144 times
Quote:
Idk maybe its just when I think of Cali cities other things come to mind. They just don't seem to scream incredible food or you can get a great --- from la etc. Not trying to bash it...or that I don't believe it. I was just saying I'm surprised to hear it because other places come to mind before Cali (Memphis, new Orleans, Chicago, new York, Philly, and so on).
Funny because the only thing that comes to my mind when I think of Chicago food is hotdogs, greasy food, and that disgusting deep dish pie, yuck! No thanks

Old 05-19-2014, 09:03 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,111 times
NYC is tops. Chicago/Bay Area next then LA in the mix.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:05 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,592 times
Quote:
I was just saying I'm surprised to hear it because other places come to mind before Cali (Memphis, new Orleans, Chicago, new York, Philly, and so on).
I'm surprised the creator of this thread - a thread you specifically made about variety - can't grasp how two of the most diverse areas of the country (much like NYC & CHI) would offer "the best and most food variety". And then goes on to mention Memphis.. along with New Orleans & Philly - which granted are pretty good food towns (especially New Orleans) - but don't exactly have the necessary ingredients relevant to this specific thread when compared to the aforementioned cities of NYC, CHI, LA & SF.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:09 PM

112 posts, read 136,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
I'm surprised the creator of this thread - a thread you specifically made about variety - can't grasp how two of the most diverse areas of the country (much like NYC & CHI) would offer "the best and most food variety". And then goes on to mention Memphis.. along with New Orleans & Philly - which granted are pretty good food towns (especially New Orleans) - but don't exactly have the necessary ingredients relevant to this specific thread when compared to the aforementioned cities of NYC, CHI, LA & SF.
I think the whole point of this thread was to boost chicago but as has already been mentioned by many it has its rightful place in the #3 or #4 slot, nothing to write home about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City