Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2019, 06:08 PM

1,098 posts, read 902,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Erie. I love PA. Like Erie's access to Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.

Oklahoma City, OK or Kansas City, MO?
Kansas City, Just seems like there's more to do. Probably a little greener too.

I already submitted my next round (Concord, NH vs. Redding, CA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Kansas City, Just seems like there's more to do. Probably a little greener too.

I already submitted my next round (Concord, NH vs. Redding, CA)
Concord. I prefer New England to CA.

Knoxville, TN or Omaha, NE?

Old 05-08-2019, 06:16 PM

1,098 posts, read 902,433 times
Quote:

Knoxville, TN. I'm not a big fan of the south but living close to the Smoky mountains would more than make up for it.

Indianapolis, IN vs. Albuquerque, NM

Old 05-08-2019, 06:17 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Knoxville, TN. I'm not a big fan of the south but living close to the Smoky mountains would more than make up for it.

Indianapolis, IN vs. Albuquerque, NM
I'd rather go back to Albuquerque again.

Quote:

Never been to Knoxville, but Omaha was surprisingly pretty nice. I like its downtown and riverfront area. I could manage living there.

New Orleans or Honolulu?

Old 05-08-2019, 07:17 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I'd rather go back to Albuquerque again.

Never been to Knoxville, but Omaha was surprisingly pretty nice. I like its downtown and riverfront area. I could manage living there.

New Orleans or Honolulu?

New Orleans. Two places I've never been, but are surely on the top of my list to visit. Although there are so many things about Honolulu I'd prefer over New Orleans (the climate, mountains, oceans), I simply would not want to be so isolated. I'd surely get island fever. New Orleans has a lot of positives (history, architecture, cuisine) but it's not honestly a place I'd ever see myself living. But, I'd prefer it to living anywhere in Hawaii.

Salem, MA or New Hope, PA?

Old 05-08-2019, 07:52 PM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
New Orleans. Two places I've never been, but are surely on the top of my list to visit. Although there are so many things about Honolulu I'd prefer over New Orleans (the climate, mountains, oceans), I simply would not want to be so isolated. I'd surely get island fever. New Orleans has a lot of positives (history, architecture, cuisine) but it's not honestly a place I'd ever see myself living. But, I'd prefer it to living anywhere in Hawaii.

Salem, MA or New Hope, PA?
Having spent decent amounts of time in both, New Hope. Even if Salem has more interesting history, New Hope has some of its own, and it's far more picturesque.

Nicodemus, Kan., or Lawnside, N.J.? (It may not actually be possible to live in one of these two places anymore, but it remains a recognizable place. Bonus points to anyone who can explain why I chose to pair these two.)

Old 05-09-2019, 05:20 AM

93,347 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Having spent decent amounts of time in both, New Hope. Even if Salem has more interesting history, New Hope has some of its own, and it's far more picturesque.

Nicodemus, Kan., or Lawnside, N.J.? (It may not actually be possible to live in one of these two places anymore, but it remains a recognizable place. Bonus points to anyone who can explain why I chose to pair these two.)
Both are communities settled by black folks. Lawnside just outside of Camden, is still going strong. So, I would choose it due to its location.

In the same vein, Mound Bayou MS or Eatonville FL?

Old 05-09-2019, 05:28 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Both are communities settled by black folks. Lawnside just outside of Camden, is still going strong. So, I would choose it due to its location.

In the same vein, Mound Bayou MS or Eatonville FL?
Eatonville. I would choose it for its history and its location (suburban Orlando). Plus I love Zora Neale Hurston.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zora_Neale_Hurston

Augusta, GA or Mobile, AL?

Old 05-09-2019, 05:48 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,954,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Eatonville. I would choose it for its history and its location (suburban Orlando). Plus I love Zora Neale Hurston.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zora_Neale_Hurston

Augusta, GA or Mobile, AL?
Not a big fan of either (too deep south for me coupled with some brutally long/humid summers), but at least Augusta has the Masters, has less of a hurricane threat with a better chance of snow in the winter, closer to the mountains while still being withing daytip distance to the beach, and is in a more "progressive" state. There's also better access to Atlanta and its huge airport for getting away.

Opp, AL or Rosedale, MS?

Last edited by Borntoolate85; 05-09-2019 at 06:49 AM..

Old 05-09-2019, 06:43 AM

2,545 posts, read 2,866,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Not a big fan of either (too deep south for me coupled with some brutally long/humid summers), but at least Augusta has the Masters, has less of a hurricane threat with a better chance of snow in the winter, closer to the mountains while still being withing daytip distance to the beach, and is in a more "progressive" state. is just a quarter-hearted New Orleans. There's also better access to Atlanta and its huge airport for getting away.

Opp, AL or Rosedale, MS?
Opp... larger, more prosperous, close to the Gulf.

Shreveport, LA or Montgomery, AL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City