Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most cosmopolitan?
Chicago 34 28.10%
San Francisco 27 22.31%
Toronto 42 34.71%
Washington D.C. 18 14.88%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:48 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha you think Blacks are making a "killing" selling their DC house and moving away?

Newsflash: Thats been happening in SF( a far more expensive city than DC) for decades.

You keep failing because you apply a double standard to SF that just doesnt fit, but Im not surprised because you just cant admit defeat.

Lol
They aren't moving from the region. They are moving to other parts of the same region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
You need to reread my post. You made a claim that black people are not moving to the suburbs in western metro's, I just showed you four articles over the course of the last 15 years in the Bay Area showing examples they are. I'm sure you could find the same articles about LA and the High Desert/Inland Empire communities. But of course you ignore that and focus on some some Latino gang trying to eliminate blacks from some small inner city in LA. And you try to extend that to the entire western US? Are you serious? Also I'm aware of the racial tensions/issues between Latino's and blacks in LA, it isn't exactly a secret and has been well publicized before. LOL, you actually thought that was something only blacks we're aware of?

LA isn't the topic here or part of this thread so why are you bringing it up? If you think stuff like that is happening in the Bay Area then you're showing you're even more clueless about this region than you already appear to be. What would you honestly know about the black community in the Bay Area or LA aside from what you read on City-Data? Get off the internet once in a while. You think because you're black you know everything about blacks everywhere?

And another thing, why is that the only race you ever talk about? You seem to actually not know what true diversity is or what integration is because all you talk about is black people. Your world looks rather sad if involves mostly associating with just one race because it doesn't seem like you have much experience with any other races asides from Blacks.

Either way you're wrong about blacks not moving to the suburbs from the inner cities in the Bay Area, or LA for that matter too. Did the black community forget to mention that to you?
Why would that be happening in the Bay? You have to actually have Black people to have tension between them.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:55 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,640,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Why would that be happening in the Bay? You have to actually have Black people to have tension between them.
Then why are you bringing it up?

And we do have black people and they have been moving to the suburbs for a while now, so maybe you should ask the black community about it since you seem completely unaware.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Yeah, it would've been nice to see those arguments being reapplied to DC and SF, instead of whatever this thread has turned into. Devolving into a p*ssing contest.

And as an aside, I love the characterization of California being a warzone with ethnic militias ethnically cleansing people. As an actual victim of ethnic cleansing (with plenty of my family members shot for being the wrong religion), I find that insanely hillarious.

https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/...c2010br-06.pdf

California Black Population

2000: 2,263,882
2010: 2,299,072
CHANGE: +35,190

California Black and in combination population

2000: 2,513,041
2010: 2,583,914
CHANGE: +70,873

Sounds like the ex-Yugoslavia and Nazi Germany to me!

And the nice characterization of all Asians being the same. 56% of the planet. All the same. That isn't insanely racist at all.
Who said anything about Asian's all being the same? I said there are many activities culturally that cater to Asian's in San Francisco. Is that not true? There aren't many that cater to African American's. Is that not true? That is what this entire exchange has been about. This is not something that is up for debate so I don't see why either of you are trying to argue that.

By the way:

California Total Population 2010: 37,253,956 people
California Black Population 2010: 2,299,072 people

Really......SMH.......

Old 03-03-2016, 09:59 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,735 times
Quote:
Who said anything about Asian's all being the same? I said there are many activities culturally that cater to Asian's in San Francisco. Is that not true? There aren't many that cater to African American's. Is that not true? That is what this entire exchange has been about. This is not something that is up for debate so I don't see why either of you are trying to argue that.
Ok, this isn't what this thread is about though. Let me know when your tirades and Monty's have to do with "most cosmopolitan".

And what does "catering to Asians" mean? Are you implying that all Asians have the same needs?

Good going showing your knowledge of the world here. Really shows your cosmopolitanism.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cosmopolitan

Quote:
a person who has lived in and knows about many different parts of the world
By referring to Asian 'needs' like that, not knowing that 56% of the planet has different cultures and different ideas, it really shows YOUR personal cosmopolitan nature.

What are you debating here?

Old 03-03-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Then why are you bringing it up?

And we do have black people and they have been moving to the suburbs for a while now, so maybe you should ask the black community about it since you seem completely unaware.

Really......SMH.......

Old 03-03-2016, 10:02 AM

This is MDAllstar's line of thinking:

Diversity/Cosmopolitanism = Black people, black people, and more black people.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Ok, this isn't what this thread is about though.

And what does "catering to Asians" mean? Are you implying that all Asians have the same needs?

Good going showing your knowledge of the world here. Really shows your cosmopolitanism.
The thread is about being Cosmopolitan. I said, until The Bay gets a substantial population of African and Caribbean people, it is not truly diverse. That is where this started. Let's just be real, The Bay isn't diverse for all races.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Really......SMH.......
What exactly are you smacking you head about? That you were wrong about blacks from inner cities moving to the suburbs in CA and now are trying to deflect away from that erroneous statement? Typical MD, when wrong deflect to a different angle/topic.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,592,735 times
Quote:
This is MDAllstar's line of thinking:

Diversity/Cosmopolitanism = Black people, black people, and more black people.
Come on bro, we're all the same here.

Me (Filipino Muslim) and Red John (Asian Indian with parents who grew up in Singapore) are the same. No different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City