Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most cosmopolitan?
Chicago 34 28.10%
San Francisco 27 22.31%
Toronto 42 34.71%
Washington D.C. 18 14.88%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 10:06 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
The thread is about being Cosmopolitan. I said, until The Bay gets a substantial population of African and Caribbean people, it is not truly diverse. That is where this started. Let's just be real, The Bay isn't diverse for all races.
Why can't you ever talk about any other race aside from blacks? Why are blacks the end all be all for you? WTF do you know about diversity or being cosmopolitan if all you ever talk about are black people? Is DC that segregated you seriously have that little contact and awareness of other races?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
This is MDAllstar's line of thinking:

Diversity/Cosmopolitanism = Black people, black people, and more black people.
No, this is your line of thinking and many people from other races across this nation.

Diversity = Hispanic, Asian, European and this thread is a perfect example. You seem to think that the absence of Black people is not a problem when talking about diversity in California metropolitan areas.

1,227 posts, read 1,593,514 times
Quote:
The thread is about being Cosmopolitan. I said, until The Bay gets a substantial population of African and Caribbean people, it is not truly diverse. That is where this started. Let's just be real, The Bay isn't diverse for all races.
Ok so where in the definition of cosmopolitan does it mention the word "diversity"

So ITT, Hong Kong and Tokyo aren't cosmopolitan. Got it.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Come on bro, we're all the same here.

Me (Filipino Muslim) and Red John (Asian Indian with parents who grew up in Singapore) are the same. No different.
Not sure what your point is here with me. I never implied otherwise.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Why can't you ever talk about any other race aside from blacks? Why are blacks the end all be all for you? WTF do you know about diversity or being cosmopolitan if all you ever talk about are black people? Is DC that segregated you seriously have that little contact and awareness of other races?

Actually, D.C. unlike the Bay has all races. Black, Hispanic, Asian, and White. The environment is so hostile for us over there you clearly don't even realize it. But hey, what else is new in this country.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:08 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,593,514 times
Quote:
Not sure what your point is here with me. I never implied otherwise.
I was agreeing with you Was supposed to be sarcastic with "Asian needs" being fulfilled and whatnot. Hard to communicate over the internet though. My bad

Old 03-03-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
No, this is your line of thinking and many people from other races across this nation.

Diversity = Hispanic, Asian, European and this thread is a perfect example. You seem to think that the absence of Black people is not a problem when talking about diversity in California metropolitan areas.
I never said it wasn't a "problem" but it's not the end all be all like you keep acting like it is. Your view of the world is extremely narrow when all you do is focus on black people. You shouldn't be talking about diversity because you don't seem to have any experience with it. You're obsessed with one race and that is all you ever talk about. Get out and meet some new people sometime that aren't black.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Actually, D.C. unlike the Bay has all races. Black, Hispanic, Asian, and White. The environment is so hostile for us over there you clearly don't even realize it. But hey, what else is new in this country.
So does the Bay Area but because the % of blacks is the smallest group of the 4 primary groups it doesn't count right? Again with your obsession and double standards with blacks and other groups. You've never lived here so what would you know what the environment is like. Why do you have this habit of continually speaking about things you have zero experience with?

Old 03-03-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Ok so where in the definition of cosmopolitan does it mention the word "diversity"

So ITT, Hong Kong and Tokyo aren't cosmopolitan. Got it.
Cosmopolitan - familiar with and at ease in many different countries and cultures.

I know to most of you, that doesn't include Africa, but its just as important as anywhere else in the world.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
So does the Bay Area but because the % of blacks is the smallest group of the 4 primary groups it doesn't count right? Again with your obsession and double standards with blacks and other groups. You've never lived here so what would you know what the environment is like. Why do you have this habit of continually speaking about things you have zero experience with?
You call 6.7% the smallest? LOL...no that is non-existent. I would tell you to go out and meet some black people, but there are barely any for you to meet which explains your outlook on the world and this entire thread. Do you even know any black people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City