Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most cosmopolitan?
Chicago 34 28.10%
San Francisco 27 22.31%
Toronto 42 34.71%
Washington D.C. 18 14.88%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 07:33 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
You need to open your eyes:
L.A. Gang Waged War To Eliminate Black People - Hip-Hop and Politics

You are clearly oblivious to what has been happening around you, but black people know what is happening over there. I'll pass and clearly many more of my people will also. This has been talked about in the black community for sometime now. You probably wouldn't know that but it's common knowledge. We are doing just fine on the side and we don't have to worry about stuff like this ignorance.
Hello?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ashington,_D.C.)

Is Gentrification In D.C. Going According To 'The Plan?' | WAMU 88.5 - American University Radio

lol The irony in your postings are just amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 07:36 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No, I suggest you start using actual data when formulating an opinion, and it might be a good idea to put less weight on the rantings of people on the internet.

In fact, the Northeast has been losing Blacks at a much greater rate than any other region since 1975. That's 100% FACT.

The Midwest and West are losing far less.

Only the South is gaining Blacks.
Since you seem to think San Fran has something for black people, answer this:

I'm black and I'm coming to San Fran for a few days, maybe you can give some insight. I'm looking for a few clubs or bars that cater to a black professional crowd playing Hiphop and reggae music. I'm also looking to eat at some really great upscale soul food restaurants. Lastly, could you point me to the best neighborhoods with a high professional black population to visit?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Old 03-03-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Dude, nobody is leaving the DMV. DC proper is just expensive and has priced people out like most major cities. DC still has great black nightlife, food, women, and entertainment. That is what this has been about. You seem to not understand that concept. There are over 3 million black people in the NYC CSA. There are over 2 million in the DC CSA. How many are in the Bay CSA?

That is the point!!! There is nothing for us there. Period!!!

Old 03-03-2016, 07:59 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,593,514 times
Good job hijacking Red John's thread. Why don't y'all start a new thread and argue there? You guys are adults, I hope. You should know better

All this s*itflinging has nothing to even to do with the cities in this thread anymore. It sounds way more personal than that

Old 03-03-2016, 08:00 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Dude, nobody is leaving the DMV. DC proper is just expensive and has priced people out like most major cities. DC still has great black nightlife, food, women, and entertainment. That is what this has been about. You seem to not understand that concept. There are over 3 million black people in the NYC CSA. There are over 2 million in the DC CSA. How many are in the Bay CSA?

That is the point!!! There is nothing for us there. Period!!!
Hahaha no its actually a plan to run Blacks out of the district, and is happening by the way, and you seem to think Black displacement is fine in DC because they are being forced into suburbs nearby?

REALLY? THATS OKAY WITH YOU?

How very Uncle Tom-like to not see a problem with that.

At least for those leaving California, they are usually leaving after theyve sold expensive homes and/or have amassed 401Ks or are off to college, etc.

That's the American way actually.

NOT being systematically kicked out like what's happening in DC now.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:05 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Good job hijacking Red John's thread. Why don't y'all start a new thread and argue there? You guys are adults, I hope. You should know better

All this s*itflinging has nothing to even to do with the cities in this thread anymore. It sounds way more personal than that
Yeah Toronto and Chicago has basically been excommunicated from the thread.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:25 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,593,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah Toronto and Chicago has basically been excommunicated from the thread.
This thread had an insane amount of potential too. I would've loved to compared Chicago's cosmopolitanism vs Toronto's.

We all seem to be hung up on diversity, which is only one component of cosmopolitanism. Again, Tokyo and Hong Kong are the opposite of diverse by Western standards but you'd be an idiot to not think they weren't cosmopolitan.

Of course what we have here are a few posters talking past each other, seeing who can get the last word in.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Hahaha no its actually a plan to run Blacks out of the district, and is happening by the way, and you seem to think Black displacement is fine in DC because they are being forced into suburbs nearby?

REALLY? THATS OKAY WITH YOU?

How very Uncle Tom-like to not see a problem with that.

At least for those leaving California, they are usually leaving after theyve sold expensive homes and/or have amassed 401Ks or are off to college, etc.

That's the American way actually.

NOT being systematically kicked out like what's happening in DC now.
No, actually, Black people are not being forced out of D.C. like you seem to think. The truth is, Black people are choosing to sell their homes, making a killing, and buying large houses with a lot of land out in Prince George's county. Nobody is going to cry for you when you bought your house for $100,000 20 years ago and sell for $800,000 in 2016. The only people that have been "displaced" are renters who can no longer afford to live in "desirable neighborhoods" anymore. Make no mistake, there are plenty of apartments in S.E. D.C. that still go for $700 a month. They are choosing to move into the suburbs because they can find affordable nice places. The free market decides who can stay and it has nothing to do with race. It's a socio-economic issue. Urban Planners all across the country have been discussing this issue for many year as revitalization has taken place in our cities.

Also, Black people are the ones gentrifying their own neighborhoods in D.C. Black professionals are moving into the city in droves pricing out lower income Black people. You need to stick to what you know.

Confessions of a Black Gentrifier: When demographic change doesn't involve color
Confessions of a Black D.C. Gentrifier - Washington City Paper

‘Gentrification’ covers black and white middle-class home buyers in the District
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...yfI_story.html

***FYI.....the black population has actually increased in DC proper. The percentage of Black people compared to the total population has dropped. Why? Because D.C. has added over 100,000 people the last 10 years.***

Last edited by MDAllstar; 03-03-2016 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Since you seem to think San Fran has something for black people, answer this:

I'm black and I'm coming to San Fran for a few days, maybe you can give some insight. I'm looking for a few clubs or bars that cater to a black professional crowd playing Hiphop and reggae music. I'm also looking to eat at some really great upscale soul food restaurants. Lastly, could you point me to the best neighborhoods with a high professional black population to visit?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Old 03-03-2016, 08:49 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,560,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Is that El Salvador number correct for DC, looks like an anomoly?

Also is this intended to be all countries? I just noticed south Pacific nations Tonga and Samoa missing and they have significant Bay Area populations.

Cool stuff though
DC metro has the highest El Salvadorian population in the US other than LA, you read it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City