Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:38 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
One of the stupidest posts ever
I know. This "monuMENTAL1" person is just a hater, that's all. Take away her precious Space Needle and Seattle is just another uninspiring West coast downtown, simple as that.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:42 AM

203 posts, read 689,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I know. This "monuMENTAL1" person is just a hater, that's all. Take away her precious Space Needle and Seattle is just another uninspiring West coast downtown, simple as that.
Says the midwestern boy...

Seattle is a great city. I'd take Seattle over the midwest any day(coastal location,better summer weather).

Old 09-14-2008, 10:55 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
Says the midwestern boy...

Seattle is a great city. I'd take Seattle over the midwest any day(coastal location,better summer weather).
Because you're not a city kid. I don't care if you're from the Bronx, if you pick Seattle over Chicago... You might as well move to Vegas and dream about a real city.

Yeah, Seattle's got nice scenery. But who cares? You don't need 10,000 foot mountains to have natural beauty. I, for one, liked the flat land... Big sky. Esecially when Chicago shoots up out of it it's cool. There are also some big san dunes near Chicago along the lake. That was pretty cool, too. The Midwest will surprise you.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 AM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,813 times
OK, we are talking about how RECOGNIZABLE a city skyline is. Let's not get into which one has better activity on the street level. Las Vegas has one of the most recognizable, but most would agree it isn't the traditional downtown, but really a tourist attraction. Despite being a tourist attraction, it is instantly recognizable. That is what the ranking is for.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:32 AM

233 posts, read 752,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Because you're not a city kid. I don't care if you're from the Bronx, if you pick Seattle over Chicago... You might as well move to Vegas and dream about a real city.

Yeah, Seattle's got nice scenery. But who cares? You don't need 10,000 foot mountains to have natural beauty. I, for one, liked the flat land... Big sky. Esecially when Chicago shoots up out of it it's cool. There are also some big san dunes near Chicago along the lake. That was pretty cool, too. The Midwest will surprise you.
It seems to be a common theme for east coast or mid westerners to be flippant about the natural surroundings of west coast cities. Who cares? Yeah, your right you don't need 10,000 foot mountains to have natural beauty but it sure is stunning when you do. If you like the mid west, that's fine too but it just seems so ridiculous to pass off all the natural beauty in Seattle as some sort of gimmick. Please.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:53 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,998,613 times
NYC has to be #1, what country has not seen the Statue or something on the WTC?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
NYC
San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge)
Washington, DC (Wash monument)
St Louis (Gateway arch)
Miami (beach, from TV)
Chicago (view from Lake Michigan)
Seattle (space needle)
LA (Hollywood sign)
Vegas (lights of the strip)
Philly (rocky movies)
Honolulu - Waikiki, Magnum TV show

above list in no specific order though NYC is probably most recognisable

Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
This is the list for teenagers.

1. Seattle
2. San Diego
3. Houston
4. Los Angeles
5. St. Louis
6. Las Vegas
7. Washington D.C.
8. Dallas
9. Miami
10.Minneapolis

Honorable mention: New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia
i really don't think san Diego, Houston, Dallas, or Minneapolis could be named by a foreigner . i think NY, Chicago, and possibly SF and Philly could be named much easier by skyline

Old 09-14-2008, 12:43 PM

203 posts, read 689,278 times
Quote:

Don't speak on NYC if you aint from it , son.

We laugh at clowns like you from the burbs acting like all of NY is the city. You could be from montana for all I care, if it aint NYC, it aint on my radar.

I simply would prefer a west coast city over the boring blandness that is the midwest and their wannabe cosmopolitan vibe.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:44 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,903 times
I was just teasing the OP

Quote:
I'm a teen and I disagree. Easily NYC, St. Louis, DC, Vegas, and Chicago. Outside of that, teens don't know a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City