Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is overall better?
U.S. west coast 198 49.38%
U.S. east coast 203 50.62%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo2008 View Post
You shouldn't get so riled up about all the west coast criticism on this thread. 98% of the people doing this in here are from the tri-state area. People that grew up in the NYC area are really biased about NYC. People that grew up in Texas are really biased about Texas. I used to live in the upper peninsula of MI. The people there think that the UP is God's country. They think that the UP is 10 times better than any place on Earth. They think that NYC is the biggest s***hole that was ever created. The people there hate all big cities NYC being the worst one.

Most of the posters on CD from the NYC area always brag about NYC being the best. There are 24 million people here in Texas that say they're full of s***. Here in Texas they think that when God created the earth first he created Texas and then he created the rest of the world because he had his priorities straight. Texans think that there is no place on earth that even comes remotely close to being as good as Texas. Nobody has more pride in their state than Texans do.

So the point is when I hear all these things in here I always take them with a grain of salt because everybody is biased in favor of where they grew up or where they have lived for a long time. It doesn't mean squat! It's only an opinion and nothing more! Peace.
That is because NYC actually is the best city! Whether people agree or disagree. In NYC you can find anything, and I am telling EVERYTHING.
We can feel this way towards NYC because it is the truth.

Now I will argue on the statement that you said "Texans think that there is no place on earth that even comes remotely close to being as good as Texas. Nobody has more pride in their state than Texans do. " Texas people should not feel proud of Texas why like they always do, why? Because there is nothing to find in Texas, everything is country. All you can find in Texas are farms. Texas is nothing when compared to NYC. I always get vexed when I stickers saying "Don't mess with Texas" please like if Texas was that great.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,476,602 times
Quote:
OK good. So we're on the same page then. Well on a lot of CD threads some people really like to talk down other areas to bring theirs up. This is stupid. The way I look at it is if you have to down somebody else's place for yours to look good then yours must not be good in the first place.

Also a lot of people just like to talk s*** to get a rise out of people. Probably 3/4 of all the trash talking that goes on in these threads is people messing with other people. They don't believe anything they're saying they're just messing with this other person. They're talking BS to get the other person ranting and raving. I like to debate though so I'll usually talk trash back to them.

By the way SF is one of the best cities in the U.S. It's one of my favorite cities. Anybody that has something bad to say about SF they're strictly talking BS. They don't believe in what they're saying. Everybody knows that SF is one of the best cities in America.
Haha well that's very nice of you to say, but even I can admit that SF has its flaws just like anywhere does. I agree with you though that a lot of what people are saying when they try and down it they don't actually themselves believe.

I think its really lame how people try and do like you said and talk down in order to bring their own place up. I fully agree with you; if someone's place is so great why would they need to bash another place indiscriminately? I could understand having negative opinions about certain places and disliking them due to bad experiences, but the ridiculous claims and all the trash some of these idiots talk is insane.

The trolls make no sense to me either. I can't comprehend the thrill one would get from instigating petty arguments between people. That's not even something I could just dismiss as 'to each their own.' Its just plain stupid.

I'm with you though. I enjoy debating with SOME people and I never hesitate to throw the trash talk back in their face. But I prefer to discuss things and get alternate views in order to broaden my own perspective. I actually appreciate when people have views that differ from mine so I can try to get a better understanding of what I am not seeing.

But I don't like to deal with people that aren't willing to accept another person's point of view or differing preferences. There's really no point in even interacting with people who are rude or have already decided that their way is the only way. People like that suck at life.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 PM

1,179 posts, read 2,064,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post

This is exactly how I see it.
Thanks!!! It seems every thread that I see you on we agree on things. We must be communicating telepathically.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
That is because NYC actually is the best city! Whether people agree or disagree. In NYC you can find anything, and I am telling EVERYTHING.
We can feel this way towards NYC because it is the truth.

Now I will argue on the statement that you said "Texans think that there is no place on earth that even comes remotely close to being as good as Texas. Nobody has more pride in their state than Texans do. " Texas people should not feel proud of Texas why like they always do, why? Because there is nothing to find in Texas, everything is country. All you can find in Texas are farms. Texas is nothing when compared to NYC. I always get vexed when I stickers saying "Don't mess with Texas" please like if Texas was that great.
Hey Jman take a look at this!! This is a perfect example of the BS I was talking about. She thinks NYC is the best but it's nothing compared to Texas though. If you don't believe me just ask people in Houston.

This post is stupidity at its finest! Here's a real world example of what I was talking about. NYC is nothing but farms. Everybody in NYC is farmers. Texas is 1000 times better than NYC!!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Hey Jman take a look at this!! This is a perfect example of the BS I was talking about. She thinks NYC is the best but it's nothing compared to Texas though. If you don't believe me just ask people in Houston.

This post is stupidity at its finest! Here's a real world example of what I was talking about. NYC is nothing but farms. Everybody in NYC is farmers. Texas is 1000 times better than NYC!!!!
This is not stupidity is the reality. Yeah right Texas is 1000 times better than NYC, thanks for the laugh

FYI, I'm not a she, I am a he because I am a male

Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
This is not stupidity is the reality. Yeah right Texas is 1000 times better than NYC, thanks for the laugh

FYI, I'm not a she, I am a he because I am a male
Your reality. Nobody else's though. You're a legend in your own mind. OK then Texas is 1000000 times better than NYC. NYC is nothing but farms. Everybody in NYC is a farmer.

Hey Jman you see how this works! I can talk trash too.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Your reality. Nobody else's though. You're a legend in your own mind. OK then Texas is 1000000 times better than NYC. NYC is nothing but farms. Everybody in NYC is a farmer.

Hey Jman you see how this works! I can talk trash too.
LOl keep it coming I am enjoying your posts

You can talk trash but everybody else know that NYC is the best city

Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
LOl keep it coming I am enjoying your posts

You can talk trash but everybody else know that NYC is the best city
Yes everybody in NYC thinks NYC is the best. Outside of NYC nobody thinks that. Just ask the people in MI. Just ask the people in TX if you don't believe me.

NYC is nothing but farms. Everybody in NYC is a farmer. Manhattan is nothing but hay bales.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
Yes everybody in NYC thinks NYC is the best. Outside of NYC nobody thinks that.

Tell that to the 46 million visitors a year and the thousands that move here each year in hopes of "making it" in NY. And for the record, I see MANY Texans posting on the NYC board saying they plan on moving here.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
Quote:
Yes everybody in NYC thinks NYC is the best. Outside of NYC nobody thinks that. Just ask the people in MI. Just ask the people in TX if you don't believe me.

NYC is nothing but farms. Everybody in NYC is a farmer. Manhattan is nothing but hay bales.
i agree. why would someone waste time thinking of a city or region thousands of miles away from your home....

that's why CD is about sticking up for their region...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City