Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 11:35 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,292,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Albany Park reppin right here.

I could get Korean, Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese, Greek, Ecuadorian, Cuban, combodian, albanian, polish, etc. etc. Just by walking down Lawrence Avenue
That's it? You can get that in any big city... C'mon let's get interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
LOL @ ignorance
Yeah, right. Lombard is known for great international cuisine LOL.

Now, where is food from Burma in Chicago?

Old 05-11-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin3465 View Post
One of the places I went to was Taqueria Moran (Among a couple of others) by Logan Square, which as you know is near Wicker Park. I had heard people rave about it, and I was wildly disappointed. If it was one of the hundreds of taquerias in the Bay Area it would be near the bottom. Not trying to be mean, but it really was just not in the same ballpark. As I said earlier, similar to comparing pizza in SF to NY or Chicago.
If you even spent some time in Chicago you will find a lot of poeple drooling over some mediocre, mill of the run food. The problem is most of them never spent anytime outside of Chicago so they simply assume that the food they experience must be the best

Old 05-11-2009, 11:43 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post

That being said, NY hot dogs are super delicious, and few things top an authentic Philly cheesesteak. I tried to find one in Chicago, and I was sorely disappointed.
go to philly's best... the guys there are from philly.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:44 PM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin3465 View Post
Are you saying that Chicago has better mexican than the San Francisco Bay Area? Really?
Almost anywhere has better Mexican food than the city of San Francisco! They don't even know how to make the simplest of burritos,the Bean and Cheese burrito. Chicago has Rick Bayless and the Frontera Grill! No contest here. Quality over quantity.

The Mexican food does get much better and more authentic when you get out of the city of SF. There's Middlefield Road in Redwood city and Mi Pueblo markets all over the Bay area.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 PM

633 posts, read 1,442,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
That's it? You can get that in any big city... C'mon let's get interesting.
LOL

Bet you couldn't get it in your town of White Plains.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, right. Lombard is known for great international cuisine LOL.

Now, where is food from Burma in Chicago?
LOL @ off-topic arguments

Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
go to philly's best... the guys there are from philly.
Yeah, that's next on my list. The place I visited *supposedly* got their recipes from Philadelphia. However, the sandwich was small, and it really tasted more like it was intentioned for a Chicago palate--i.e. somebody who would appreciate an Italian Beef more than a Cheesesteak. It was good but kind of a let down.

Have you ever been to Philly's Best?

Old 05-11-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Almost anywhere has better Mexican food than the city of San Francisco! They don't even know how to make the simplest of burritos,the Bean and Cheese burrito. Chicago has Rick Bayless and the Frontera Grill! No contest here. Quality over quantity.

The Mexican food does get much better and more authentic when you get out of the city of SF. There's Middlefield Road in Redwood city and Mi Pueblo markets all over the Bay area.
There is a great place that specializes in "Burritos as big as your head" just around the corner from my office at Clark and Madison. Tuesdays, they have 99 cent tacos!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times
Quote:
If you even spent some time in Chicago you will find a lot of poeple drooling over some mediocre, mill of the run food. The problem is most of them never spent anytime outside of Chicago so they simply assume that the food they experience must be the best
Gonna have to disagree here. If you move to Chicago from some other US location, the difference is noticable. Chicago food is a cut above.
The competition demands it. When I moved to the area a few years ago I definitely noticed the difference. Perhaps if you've always lived there, it would be hard to tell, but there is a difference. If I'm hungry, I wish I am in Chicago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City