Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,742 times

Advertisements

As good or slightly better than DC (love the DC nightlife by the way) in my opinion are LA, Chicago, Portland, Houston, San Diego and Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
As good or slightly better than DC (love the DC nightlife by the way) in my opinion are LA, Chicago, Portland, Houston, San Diego and Atlanta
No NYC???

Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 PM

330 posts, read 878,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
This is exactly why DC nightlife is nowhere near the top and why it shouldn't even be discussed on it's so-called own merits.
Sometimes it has a lot to do with you. Trying portraying a lot of what you'd like to expect from other people, and people will return the favor double back to you. It seems like you might be kind of uptight. I've seen post after post about your complaining.

I get the feeling that if you move to San Diego, then your name would be The_Sandieoan. If you move to SF, your name would be SanFranciscoian. La would be Losangelesian, NYC would be the NewYorkian.

It's like if you're looking for a job, no one is going to knock on your door to give them your resume. So why don't you try to act out what you'd like to expect back.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I would love to nominate Charlotte NC

I can not wait until the Nascar HOF opens up to visit.

Going to the Nascar HOF during the day and then clubbing in charlotte until midnight

It does not get better than that people
What is this fixation you have with the NASCAR HOF? I'll buy you tickets when it opens since it means that much to you. Then you can tell all the hillbillies and rednecks to their faces how superior you are to them because you wear AX and want to live in NYC.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
No NYC???
NYC has alot of nightlife, but I don't care for the over the top "look at me" type Manhattan nightclub scene. For this same reason I didn't mention Miami or Vegas either

Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
What is this fixation you have with the NASCAR HOF? I'll buy you tickets when it opens since it means that much to you. Then you can tell all the hillbillies and rednecks to their faces how superior you are to them because you wear AX and want to live in NYC.
Nascar HOF tickets are not needed, I already to do that to their face

Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 PM

37,150 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
NYC has alot of nightlife, but I don't care for the over the top "look at me" type Manhattan nightclub scene. For this same reason I didn't mention Miami or Vegas either
NYC's pretty huge though, and you'll find a far different atmosphere in other parts of the city. You should give the city another go.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
NYC nightlife consists of much more than the Manhattan club scene though.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:07 AM

530 posts, read 1,130,926 times
My favorites are: Manhattan and New Orleans.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:40 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,214,790 times
Actually, you should get a chance to see the nightlife on TV soon. There's a ton of filming going on in DC now for shows. Out of nowhere, it became a hot spot for that. Night at the Museum 2 just came out, The Real Housewives show is moving from Orange County to DC, and The Real World will be here.

The Real World DC starts filming at the end of June. Since 90% of that show is set at bars/clubs, you might see a little. I'm actually looking forward to that show. They have them right in the middle of the city. In Brooklyn, NY they build some state of the art house away from things. Same with the Hollywood one. Doesn't really give them much of the "city vibe". In DC they combined two rowhouses on a corner in the DuPont Circle neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City