Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 04:09 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGuy9 View Post
I just don't see mtv real world as a major event. There target audience are kids not even old enough to drink.
The point is that its a very popular tv show that will being a lot of attention to the city.(good or bad) If those kids like what they see, it has a big impact on them coming to DC. They might view the city in another way and want to visit or attend college here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 05:49 PM

204 posts, read 635,147 times
Sorry if I was rude earlier. I still don't agree about real world influencing the decisions of anyone, but you have a good argument, better than mine anyway.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:29 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times
Adams Morgan has been featured on "Wild On" E. They highlighted Tryst, Madams Organ, Blue Moon and several other hot spots. The host (beautiful Brooke Burke) finished up the clip in one of the joints that sells the over sized sliced pizza.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Adams Morgan has been featured on "Wild On" E. They highlighted Tryst, Madams Organ, Blue Moon and several other hot spots. The host (beautiful Brooke Burke) finished up the clip in one of the joints that sells the over sized sliced pizza.
Jumbo Slice! haha

I still have yet to visit Tryst, but I heard its great. Maybe I'll go for lunch tomorrow.

Collegeguy... it's fine. It was a little off-topic, but just something that I heard the other day and thought I'd add it. I don't think that The Real World really helps market cities, but with DC I just think it's a little different. Most people, myself included until I came here for the first time a year ago, consider DC nothing but a political town. Now it's a very cosmopolitan city with a completely different vibe. It changed so much in the last 10 years that many don't know this. So I think that show, viewed by many, will shed a lot of light on the city.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 PM

204 posts, read 635,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
Most people, myself included until I came here for the first time a year ago, consider DC nothing but a political town.
This is so true! I always thought DC was a stiff, boring town until I went to visit and was completely blown away!! I was coming from Chicago at the time, which has amazing night life. But in my opinion DC's party districts were livelier than Chicago.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
i love adams morgan....thats as great any great strip i've seen...

carib/jamaican baby

Old 06-14-2009, 05:12 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Of course a show about Black college kids is going to have a season in Atlanta.
you already know lol

Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
you already know lol
I'm also surprised that it wasn't in Atlanta yet. Both Atlanta and DC just seem like they'd be a popular choice for the show.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Well, it's all kind of subjective.
Here's what I think.

In North America (In no order):

NYC
LA
Toronto
Chicago
Montreal
Vancouver
Miami
Mexico City
San Francisco
Las Vegas

On Par (In no order):

Boston
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Calgary
Houston
Seattle
Edmonton
That's just about pefect, I'd say. I'd put Tampa in one of those lists, also.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
I'd say that Las Vegas, Miami, and NYC are the nightlife capitals of the country.
Throw in Los Angeles and I agree with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City