Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Massachusetts Vs New Jersey
MA 193 57.10%
NJ 145 42.90%
Voters: 338. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:39 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times

Advertisements

Well here's some other stuff NJ contributed besides trashy guidos.

YouTube - Whitney Houston

YouTube - Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen-Born In The U.S.A.

YouTube - new york new york von frank sinatra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJyYNWSZcsE

Just to name a few...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 08:30 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Alright Whitney Houston! Jersey produced her, and Boston produced the guy who beat her!

YouTube - Bobby Brown - Every Little Step

Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Alright Whitney Houston! Jersey produced her, and Boston produced the guy who beat her!

YouTube - Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
That's extremely ironic right now.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,914,335 times
Well, okay, if we are posting youtube videos of our state's bands, here goes:

YouTube - Pixies - Debaser.mpg

Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 AM

327 posts, read 1,050,520 times
yea the guido thing is lame, but i thnk id rather be around that the being surrounded by a bunch of drunkn frat boys that flood the streets of boston every night. Honeslty i love mass along with the rest of new england but when it comes to convience and diversity i think its obvious that nj takes the cake. The only reason why mass is winning at the moment is cause everyone hates on jersey cause of the stearotypes. For the record, i young and am not a guido and know plenty of people like me. idk, jersey is a amazing place, its a shame people dont realize it.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:47 AM

259 posts, read 454,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
The two states with some of the highest taxes, The two states with some of the highest levels of education, The two states with some of the highest incomes, and the two states with an Atlantic Ocean shore line.

Which will it be if you were to pick which is better?

Jersey because its closer to warmer ocean water

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 AM

259 posts, read 454,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeeldope View Post
yea the guido thing is lame, but i thnk id rather be around that the being surrounded by a bunch of drunkn frat boys that flood the streets of boston every night. Honeslty i love mass along with the rest of new england but when it comes to convience and diversity i think its obvious that nj takes the cake. The only reason why mass is winning at the moment is cause everyone hates on jersey cause of the stearotypes. For the record, i young and am not a guido and know plenty of people like me. idk, jersey is a amazing place, its a shame people dont realize it.

There are more real guidos per capita in Rochester NY than any place Ive been

Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 PM

44 posts, read 160,687 times

Wow look at that picture you found off of Dirt Dogs to back up your "frat boy" claim. You obviously have never been off of Boylston St or Faneuil Hall. Try going to Cambridge, Dorchester, or JP before posting generalizations of an entire city.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 PM

327 posts, read 1,050,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Pick View Post

Wow look at that picture you found off of Dirt Dogs to back up your "frat boy" claim. You obviously have never been off of Boylston St or Faneuil Hall. Try going to Cambridge, Dorchester, or JP before posting generalizations of an entire city.
plz dude im poking fun relax..iv been to boston and know its not all frat boys (but still packed with them).. i love how people get ticked off at a little comment, but when it comes to jersey just about everybodies first thought is that it is nothing but guidos.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:25 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeeldope View Post
plz dude im poking fun relax..iv been to boston and know its not all frat boys (but still packed with them).. i love how people get ticked off at a little comment, but when it comes to jersey just about everybodies first thought is that it is nothing but guidos.
I'm not going to poke fun at the whole "guido" thing because I know that's not the whole story in Jersey. I have several friends there, and none of them are like that even if we do see those types while we're out...but the whole "frat boy" thing of Boston is completely false. Fraternities are made fun of in Boston non-stop. Frats are big in the Southeast and Midwest...not so much in the Northeast. Are they around? Yes...but not like anything compared to other areas of the country.

Are you just saying "frat boy" in the sense of "wealthy white guy"? Everyone seems to think Boston is a bunch of frat guys, when most of the time frat guys are chastised for "paying for their friends".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City