Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Southern California or North Jersey
Southern California 115 65.71%
North Jersey 60 34.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:22 PM

330 posts, read 877,857 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but Socal is an easy decision over NJ. Socal is so much prettier and nicer place to be than NJ. But if you bring NYC in the picture then Socal can't compete. Other than the weather and natural scenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
No lamexican is a phony who pretends he's been to LA every year. It's obvious that he really hates LA so he'll lie about it just to make it look bad.
Give it up..I doubt you're from LA now. You seem to eithern be very dishonest or not know LA at all. I can not take you seriously.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 PM

1,854 posts, read 4,919,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
Didn't you here what I said before if you go to LA ever year why don't you know that Hollywood has changed? If you been frequent to the city you'd know this but you seemed surprised when LA Sam told you and said I'll take that Hollywood is changing. Why would you say that if you visit every year also if you visit every year you would know the various other changes around the region and downtown which you don't seem to know.
Oh, God. The grammar mistakes...The Run-on sentences...

Old 08-13-2009, 09:51 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
SoCal has a diverse range geography and topography. You can go to the beach and go surfing, then go to the desert, then and go snow-skiing in the mountains, ALL in SoCal. What other place in the US can you do ALL of that?
In all fairness, NJ has the same exact geographical diversity, minus the desert. Mountains, city, farms, suburbs, and beach/coastal, all very, very close to one another. Closer than SoCal when you count traffic

Old 08-13-2009, 09:55 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican
Lolo..unlike you I'm not biased but honest. Where do we start????
Boyle Heights, CityTerrace, East LA, Monetebello (south of Whittier), Inglewood, Lennox, Hawethorne, Lawndale, Gardena, Ladera Heights, Lynwood, South Gate, Downey, Norwalk, much of Long Beach, San Pedro, Wilmington, Artesia, Paramount, Bellflower, Rosemead, El Monte, Baldwin Park, La Puente, Pomona, North Hollywood, Van Nuys, San Fernando, Pacoima.... Thats just off the top of my head. We can keep going.
some of these areas are not even that rundown.
OK I choked in the first response, but know I can fully adress you.

Some of these cities you listed by all means are not rundown and I am going to put those in a list.

not Rundown
  1. Ingelwood (Hollywood park the forum)
  2. Hawethorne
  3. Bellflower (OctoMom brith place)
  4. San Pedro (recent restored pacific eletric car trolley line added to the area)
  5. Long Beach (ESP. Naples, Belmont shores.etc)
  6. North Hollywood (new delvelopement in arts district)
  7. Baldwin Park
  8. pamona
  9. Downey (at least not on paramount blvd)
  10. MoneteBello
  11. Ladera Heights ( next to Baldwin Hills)
  12. Artesia (take pioneer up into Norwalk which is crap)
  13. South Gate

anyway I've only been here 2 years so I am still trying to know the areas better.

Last edited by Hollywood Inquirer; 08-13-2009 at 10:24 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBay-NowDCarea View Post
I'm sorry, but Socal is an easy decision over NJ. Socal is so much prettier and nicer place to be than NJ. But if you bring NYC in the picture then Socal can't compete. Other than the weather and natural scenery.
Where in Northern NJ have you been? LOL, nobody that says SoCal is prettier has yet to tell me where they have been in Northern NJ! Newark Airport doesn't count, LOL, yes, SoCal is prettier than Newark Airport and the surrounding areas.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You can't have your cake & eat it too.
What exactly does anyone plan to do with their own cake besides eat it?? This isn't a swipe at you, I just never understood that expression.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,436,020 times
Ladera Heights is also nice. It is often considered L.A.'s African American Brentwood or Beverly Hills (the community is 70% African American). Home prices are in the millions in Ladera Heights and the median income is $90,233.

Ladera Heights is very much an upscale area. Don't know why lamexican said that was ghetto, it is no south central.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:07 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,472,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Some parts are rundown, but I wouldn't put Carson in that category.
Wasn't Boo-Yaa Tribe from Carson? I'm guessing some parts aren't all that great if they came up there. They don't strike me as being from a nice suburb lol.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:12 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times
If you think Hawethorne is nice, I'm sure you would love Bayonne.............................. I've been there, Bayonne has WAY more character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City