Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 PM

64 posts, read 162,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
No problem. I just jumped into the music industry, they'd probably shoot me if I told them I was going to 106 & Park...ha ha.

Thanks though!
GTOWNOE I see through you like Wonder Woman's *****....you have the typical Chicago bully mentality quick to deny, defend, ad insult. You people are hilarious pointblank, what you fail to realize is this- if you are black and live in Chicago you have a completely different experience one that is not much different from the 1960's down south. Its more intense for myself because I actually live and work in the downtown/northside area so I have to deal with the subtle racist behavior on a daily basis. Chicago isnt just racist it can be at times a down right hateful place. The reason I know is because like I said before my girl is from Sweden and is very attractive, if you could hear some of the racist comments and looks we receive from white men in Chicago especially the ones in their 40's, its insane. Take1 knows whats up, he is right people in CHicago have a screwy mentality, they really think that this place is the greatest on earth because there are no other big cities in close proximity to compare it to, and half these people have never even left the midwest, it gives an illusion that this place really matters....when it doesnt. Yes I said I lived in NY in 04 which I did....but I mainly stayed in Rutherford, NJ which is right outside of Manhattan and I only really visited Manhattan and I was younger so my life perspective wasnt as developed, when I got back home I entered corporate America and my taste and lifestyle developed so when I went back to New York I had a totally different perspective and understanding....I knew what to look for in terms of life....and thats when it hit me....Chicago is OVERRATED and INFERIOR to New York on many many many levels. I used to be in love with Chicago until I opened my eyes to the truth about this place and then when I went to NYC again and was treated ike an actuall human being the divorce fro Chicago was official, Im on craigslist as we speak looking for an apt in midtown Manhattan or Brooklyn. Im ready to be apart of a differen city where the people arent so hateful. NYC isnt prejudice/racism free but they are 100 times better in race relations than this hell hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 10:36 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
GTOWNOE I see through you like Wonder Woman's *****....you have the typical Chicago bully mentality quick to deny, defend, ad insult. You people are hilarious pointblank, what you fail to realize is this- if you are black and live in Chicago you have a completely different experience one that is not much different from the 1960's down south. Its more intense for myself because I actually live and work in the downtown/northside area so I have to deal with the subtle racist behavior on a daily basis. Chicago isnt just racist it can be at times a down right hateful place. The reason I know is because like I said before my girl is from Sweden and is very attractive, if you could hear some of the racist comments and looks we receive from white men in Chicago especially the ones in their 40's, its insane. Take1 knows whats up, he is right people in CHicago have a screwy mentality, they really think that this place is the greatest on earth because there are no other big cities in close proximity to compare it to, and half these people have never even left the midwest, it gives an illusion that this place really matters....when it doesnt. Yes I said I lived in NY in 04 which I did....but I mainly stayed in Rutherford, NJ which is right outside of Manhattan and I only really visited Manhattan and I was younger so my life perspective wasnt as developed, when I got back home I entered corporate America and my taste and lifestyle developed so when I went back to New York I had a totally different perspective and understanding....I knew what to look for in terms of life....and thats when it hit me....Chicago is OVERRATED and INFERIOR to New York on many many many levels. I used to be in love with Chicago until I opened my eyes to the truth about this place and then when I went to NYC again and was treated ike an actuall human being the divorce fro Chicago was official, Im on craigslist as we speak looking for an apt in midtown Manhattan or Brooklyn. Im ready to be apart of a differen city where the people arent so hateful. NYC isnt prejudice/racism free but they are 100 times better in race relations than this hell hole.
Yup, Ralph, you got it. Now please hurry up and leave Chicago ASAP! All of us uncultured, insular, racist Chicagoans do not want you here.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,929,908 times
Quote:
Talk about bully mentality, your diatribes against Chicago completely diminish everything you have to say that is important. It's not normal to go on and on like this. I wish you luck in New York City, and I think we all get (enough already) that you hate Chicago.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:45 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Quote:

How long did it take you to come up with that response?

I grew up in the South. I know racism when I see it. Real racism. I've been pulled over for no reason. I've had friends who have been beaten by white cops. I've had black friends beat up white guys for coming to a "black" club.

I'm no stranger to racism.

With that being said, I have black, white, hispanic, bosnian, asian, and bosnian friends. Not associates, friends. I see people, not colors.

I've lived in Wrigleyville. While it really wasn't my scene, I never witnessed an instance of racism. While it's a predominately white area, my neighbors were nice and the bartenders and patrons in my hood were all nice. I'm not saying that you couldn't have experienced racism there, but I haven't.

I've been to NYC. I'm going back in 2 weeks. I'll be hanging with my West Indie friend and meeting with an Indonesian producer/engineer. You know what we all have in common? We've all experienced racism.

It doesn't matter where you go or what color you are (yes, white people can experience racism too) you'll experience racism. NYC is not exempt to this. No place in the US is. Hell, I've experienced black people putting down other black people all the time.

I don't have the Chicago mentality. I've lived in the Go for 2 years. I'm from the South. Where racism is very real.

So go ahead and move to NYC and be happy. If thats your Utopia then go for it by all means.

Nobody is keeping you here. I'd rather you be happy than bi*ch and moan about a city you don't like.

So goodbye, keep us all updated on how you like NYC. I like NYC too but choose to live in Chicago. Have fun.

Now can we quit all of this bashing?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 PM

64 posts, read 162,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
How long did it take you to come up with that response?

I grew up in the South. I know racism when I see it. Real racism. I've been pulled over for no reason. I've had friends who have been beaten by white cops. I've had black friends beat up white guys for coming to a "black" club.

I'm no stranger to racism.

With that being said, I have black, white, hispanic, bosnian, asian, and bosnian friends. Not associates, friends. I see people, not colors.

I've lived in Wrigleyville. While it really wasn't my scene, I never witnessed an instance of racism. While it's a predominately white area, my neighbors were nice and the bartenders and patrons in my hood were all nice. I'm not saying that you couldn't have experienced racism there, but I haven't.

I've been to NYC. I'm going back in 2 weeks. I'll be hanging with my West Indie friend and meeting with an Indonesian producer/engineer. You know what we all have in common? We've all experienced racism.

It doesn't matter where you go or what color you are (yes, white people can experience racism too) you'll experience racism. NYC is not exempt to this. No place in the US is. Hell, I've experienced black people putting down other black people all the time.

I don't have the Chicago mentality. I've lived in the Go for 2 years. I'm from the South. Where racism is very real.

So go ahead and move to NYC and be happy. If thats your Utopia then go for it by all means.

Nobody is keeping you here. I'd rather you be happy than bi*ch and moan about a city you don't like.

So goodbye, keep us all updated on how you like NYC. I like NYC too but choose to live in Chicago. Have fun.

Now can we quit all of this bashing?
OK if your from the south and only been here for 2 years then homeboy, this isnt your ****in problem, you shouldnt really be involved in this conversaton because frankly you arent qualified to discuss this situation, you arent a Chicago native and you will never be so shut the ***** up. You are from the south a totally different reality. You are running your mouth at 100 miles per hour and you arent even from here, so you have no ****in clue. You arent black so you definitely cant speak about the experience of living in Chicago and dealing with racism. You are literally out of your zone. Goback to ****in Alabama or where ever the **** you come from. Sheesh ****in southerners!!LMAO

Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,698 times
Quote:
OK if your from the south and only been here for 2 years then homeboy, this isnt your ****in problem, you shouldnt really be involved in this conversaton because frankly you arent qualified to discuss this situation, you arent a Chicago native and you will never be so shut the ***** up. You are from the south a totally different reality. You are running your mouth at 100 miles per hour and you arent even from here, so you have no ****in clue. You arent black so you definitely cant speak about the experience of living in Chicago and dealing with racism. You are literally out of your zone. Goback to ****in Alabama or where ever the **** you come from. Sheesh ****in southerners!!LMAO
Isn't tolerance great?

Old 08-31-2009, 05:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Quote:
Go away troll.

Your a madeup character on the internet. Congratulations.

I'll choose to stay above the fray on this one and let you fester in your frustration.

And for the record, I just met my 1st racist Chicagoan (if your even from here) unfortunately we're the same race (if he really is black).

Old 08-31-2009, 06:48 AM

116 posts, read 245,641 times
Quote:
I have to admit it is funny watching a truly angry, hateful, racist man run his mouth and complain about anger, hate, and racism. Wow.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:54 AM

197 posts, read 182,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Talk about bully mentality, your diatribes against Chicago completely diminish everything you have to say that is important. It's not normal to go on and on like this. I wish you luck in New York City, and I think we all get (enough already) that you hate Chicago.
To Ralph's defense, I have never seen many mixed Black-White couples in Chicago while in my neighborhood in Brooklyn it is quite normal to see any possible combinations...

Now, you Chicago bigots can go ahead and assasinate Ralph on a basis... that he is an intolerant and racist. Yes Ralph, you are very intolerant, you have no tolerance for Chicago bigotry and racism. How dare you??? LOL

Old 08-31-2009, 06:59 AM

815 posts, read 2,138,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikCense View Post
So Outkast came out wit an album called ATLiens for nothing.

Back almost 15 years ago when that album came out, yeah people used the term ATL. Nowadays no one really says it anymore, if they do its like an automatic sign of the person not being from Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City