Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times

Advertisements

What's up with all this Chicago hatred? Is it necessary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Anywhere out West in Cali.
whatever you say......

Old 10-02-2009, 03:10 PM

195 posts, read 427,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think for your first the reason that could be is due to getting quite a few African refugees and people that came from Louisiana from Hurricane Katrina.
This is a stupid statement. How can anybody from the SAME country be a refugee in the SAME country?? That is just a dum statement.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genonfire View Post
This is a stupid statement. How can anybody from the SAME country be a refugee in the SAME country?? That is just a dum statement.
What the hell are you talking about?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times
I don't want to offend anyone, but in my opinion Liberal is not equal to Tolerant

Old 10-03-2009, 08:19 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
As far as racial tolerance towards blacks I'd have to say out of the towns I've lived in or been to Columbus, Ohio is far from perfect but the best maybe. I wouldn't want to count New York as one because even though New Yorkers are very used to different races they are often very confrontational and I guess that is why there have been so many racial incidents occurring in New York.

I wouldn't count California and most of your other cities out West because they haven't really been tried in that subject ( with the exception of L.A. who has been tried and failed).

What I mean by that is States and most cities out West have really low black percentages. It's unfair or not really accurate to judge their attitude/ tolerance towards blacks when they are around so few blacks compared to people in other cities. Ofcourse there is more accord and harmony because with such a low number of blacks around because there is far less friction when they are not having to compete with blacks for political, and economic power, real estate or in the work place. If you had a higher percentage of blacks there would be more friction through competition and then you would see their true colors. Non blacks in L.A. have had to deal with larger (but not large compared to many Eastern cities) percentages of blacks in their city and the results haven't been good in man instances.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:45 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I wouldn't want to count New York as one because even though New Yorkers are very used to different races they are often very confrontational and I guess that is why there have been so many racial incidents occurring in New York.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...redneck-7.html

Old 10-03-2009, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genonfire View Post

If they are seeking refuge and aint a common White then they are refugees. This is American sonny.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:10 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
NONE OF THEM.

We've got a lot of work to do America.
How can none of them be?Where in the world can a minority be mayor run or own some of the largest companies in the world,culturally produce what the majority also listen to,etc....?Yes we do have a lot of work to do.I agree,but as far as it goes,America is it.YES WE CAN!!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:11 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
how is LA racially tolerant? lol

being brown, i didn't feel all that secure...i felt like a 2nd class citizen and i'm not spanish, but i'm dark skinned. and orange county is like massachusetts by a cali beach.

LA & Miami are the worst cities to be "brown" or "black"

lol @ tolerant....lol @ message boards
so true.People only see the faces and call that diverse.Well technically yes but is that good?NO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City