Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:53 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,668,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
You can find a lot of snobs in Manhattan (NYC). It's either that or they are just plain too busy for the common folk.

I.E. A lot of these people are transplants and foreigners.
There are a lot of very wealthy (and famous) people there. However, there are a lot here in Naples too. Some aren't even all that "rich" either. They just think they are so great because they have moved to Floreduh, and their family and friends are stuck in the snow, so to speak.

Perhaps clueless might be a good description of them too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,372,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Based on this site, definitely NY. There are actually some NY'ers that believe that they are celebrities in other states when they visit

Made me laugh when I read that one

(Most NY'ers are NOT like this, only the delusional ones)
OMG! This made me spray my coffee!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:26 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
You can find a lot of snobs in Manhattan (NYC). It's either that or they are just plain too busy for the common folk.

I.E. A lot of these people are transplants and foreigners.
I agree with you on that one.

I've also seen the same problem in Bethesda, MD.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:32 AM

In my travels, the snottiest have been in the D.C. area, parts of South Florida and a few malcontents in Manhattan and far Eastern Long Island.

Nothing approaches the D.C. area though, in my experience. They act the same way when they move here.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:41 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
There are ridiculous people everywhere, but L.A. had some of the least snobby people from my experiences.
From what I've heard, the "non sensationalized" parts of LA like Carson, Long Beach, Anaheim, Pasadena, Burbank, and Hawthorne are very chill, laid back, open minded, integrated, and friendly. I would've loved to have been raised in those towns during my teenage years, and if I ever had to work in the Los Angeles area, those towns would be my preferable places to live in.

But after years of dealing with DC area snobbishness, any sort of SoCal snobbishness would be a relief.

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 12-22-2009 at 10:58 AM..

Old 12-22-2009, 10:45 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
In my travels, the snottiest have been in the D.C. area, parts of South Florida and a few malcontents in Manhattan and far Eastern Long Island.

Nothing approaches the D.C. area though, in my experience. They act the same way when they move here.
+1!

I don't think people realize how arrogant and stuck up DC people are. I once stated it was worse than New Yorkers. It' s crazy because the way they talk about DC; they sound so ignorant. Most of the time they don't realize how dumb they sound when comparing DC to states.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:53 AM

182 posts, read 540,944 times
Hmmm I think all the snobs on eastern Long Island (i.e. The Hamptons) are Manhattanites going to their second homes. The locals are really nice.

For the DC area, I'd say Bethesda is the snottiest, by a long shot!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastli84 View Post
Hmmm I think all the snobs on eastern Long Island (i.e. The Hamptons) are Manhattanites going to their second homes. The locals are really nice.

I suspected as much when I was dealing with them. Most of the people there did seem nice, but there were some real nasty jerks among them.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:59 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,252,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
+1!

I don't think people realize how arrogant and stuck up DC people are. I once stated it was worse than New Yorkers. It' s crazy because the way they talk about DC; they sound so ignorant. Most of the time they don't realize how dumb they sound when comparing DC to states.

Stereotype much, don't we? Most of the "snotty" people in the DC area tend to be transplants, but yes, people in Bethesda can come off as VERY snotty.

Although my family in the DC suburbs of Maryland are always forever talking slick about Atlanta, talking about how "country" we are . As if Maryland is the epitome of urbane...

Old 12-22-2009, 11:02 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Stereotype much, don't we? Most of the "snotty" people in the DC area tend to be transplants, but yes, people in Bethesda can come off as VERY snotty.

Although my family in the DC suburbs of Maryland are always forever talking slick about Atlanta, talking about how "country" we are . As if Maryland is the epitome of urbane...
I got family within the DC area and the people there are very arrogant. I use to visit DC often; even the people there admit they feel superior to the rest of us and this is coming from natives.

My roommate is from DC and he acts just like what I describe. I'm not saying everyone there is like this though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City