Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver vs. New york City
Denver(Mile High City) 38 29.69%
New York City(Big Apple) 90 70.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
Not as Dense but Colefax is one of the longest streets in the United States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaekYlv0hCw

From Wiki:

Colfax Avenue is the main street that runs east and west through the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area in Colorado. As U.S. Highway 40, it was one of two principal highways serving Denver before the Interstate Highway System was constructed

The link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colfax_Avenue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 PM

631 posts, read 1,574,934 times
Quote:
see, again, thats not what we're saying.

we are not saying that denver is not beautiful or that denver doesn't have positive things that makes it a nice city.

we're just telling you that its not on par with nyc at all.
oh really? how about taking a stroll back through your posts and telling me what you think about Denver having restaurants that are on par if not better than in NYC.

I seem to recall a certain someone saying that Denver just doesn't have any...may have been you, may not have, but just go take a look anyways.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Now that is a personal insult to me, as I picked Denver over NYC. And if theres a thread about which cities have the worst ghettos, all the New York people will say its New York, well just cause its New York.
well your from colorado thats expected,nothing wrong with that. But anybody else choosing denver over a true world class cultural hub of a city like nyc is a clown. 18 and counting. I need to get some of ya numbers so ya can perform for my nephews birthday party

Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
oh really? how about taking a stroll back through your posts and telling me what you think about Denver having restaurants that are on par if not better than in NYC.

I seem to recall a certain someone saying that Denver just doesn't have any...may have been you, may not have, but just go take a look anyways.
where?

i don't remember posting that at all. perhaps you have the wrong person. for the sake of the debate, lets say that you don't.

i still don't think that you have restaurants that touch nyc's many restaurants. we have a lot that are really good. we aren't known for having some of the best food in the country for nothing. i'm not even getting into it because i've posted a lot already and really the argument is ridiculous.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Quote:
where?

i don't remember posting that at all. perhaps you have the wrong person. for the sake of the debate, lets say that you don't.

i still don't think that you have restaurants that touch nyc's many restaurants. we have a lot that are really good. we aren't known for having some of the best food in the country for nothing. i'm not even getting into it because i've posted a lot already and really the argument is ridiculous.

While not as many restaurants as NYC Denver has some great ones, I personally have eaten at many of the top ones.

Whatever food you crave, it's not far away in Denver. From the humblest taco stand to the finest New American cuisine, the city boasts eats from around the world for every taste and budget. Looking for the perfect cut of meat? Try Sullivan's Steakhouse. In the mood for something raw? Sushi Den has an impossibly fresh piece of fish with your name on it. And what if only the sweetest, most decadent dessert will do? Head to Devil's Food Bakery in the Gaylord shopping district. Early risers love Denver's many outstanding breakfast options – everything from spicy huevos rancheros to a full champagne brunch is within reach. A bevy of hip coffee spots, like the DU hangout Stella's, complement Denver's wide range of eateries.

The link: http://www.10best.com/Denver,CO/Restaurants/

Old 01-07-2010, 09:06 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
Sure NY offers a ton of stuff that Denver does not. But I can still do 99 percent of what a person in NY could do! Broadway plays (travelling yes). Museums? Yep. Art? Yep. At half the cost of NY? Yep. Plus I do not have to deal with New York's biggest problem! New Yorkers! Oh and the piles of trash I always see on the corners when visiting. Yes NY is the bigger, more Worldy city, but obviously not everyone favors that in a city!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Sure NY offers a ton of stuff that Denver does not. But I can still do 99 percent of what a person in NY could do! Broadway plays (travelling yes). Museums? Yep. Art? Yep. At half the cost of NY? Yep. Plus I do not have to deal with New York's biggest problem! New Yorkers! Oh and the piles of trash I always see on the corners when visiting. Yes NY is the bigger, more Worldy city, but obviously not everyone favors that in a city!
There ya go, all the justification we need.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
where?

Like I said, could have been you, coulda been someone else, and now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I know who did it.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,560,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Nice try, you get E for effort but Denver wins!
LOL, I think not.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,560,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Broadway plays (travelling yes). Museums? Yep. Art? Yep. At half the cost of NY? Yep.
10% of the options? Yep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City