Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is better?
Atlanta 152 53.52%
New Orleans 132 46.48%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 05:26 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,481,286 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm missing something.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:26 AM

725 posts, read 1,510,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
One thing ATliens can't seem to grasp is how important the gulf coast region is for them. Do I need to roll the clips and show how much?????
I know that wasn't directed towards me. I have folks in the gulf... and I never downplayed the gulf I just shoot it down to reality from time to time...

I like NO a lot its one of my favorite cities because of the culture, history, and cusine.

Do I think its on Atlanta level... depends... when it comes to nightlife, cusine yeah

But Atlanta when it comes to everything else no....

Atlanta is a beast right now. Even with a tough economy its still growing like crazy... the culture is great... If anything I feel the culture in Atlanta is downplayed....

Old 06-24-2010, 09:41 AM

213 posts, read 420,930 times
We were 2nd to Dallas with the most people gained in a decade.... Even though our growth did slow Down we gained 89,000 people right behing DC... In 2009.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 AM

364 posts, read 717,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA77 View Post
New Orleans is a older city as in population and development... Atlanta is currently at its highest population mark 550k residents... N.o. is currently at about 370k.. remember we was once the biggest in the south at 620k residents... although N.o. metro never had as much as atl.... another reason i pick N.o. over Atl is everything here is unique everything in atl is common... even gay ppl... atlanta is the gay capital right now going as far as havin gay festivals... this would make me not move there... New Orleans is on the rise itself ppl keep moving back and the city is building a bunch of new addittions to tha city.... Atlanta has a good economy and shoppin but no soul... New Orleans all the way

LMBAO @ you saying things like "culture" and "unique" in one sentence, but then saying you wouldnt live in Atlanta because of the large number of gay people. Sounds like someone doesnt like things that are different from them and to me that screams "un-cultured" and not being exposed to anything. Even further, if you aren't gay, why are you worried about someone who is? Do we have some deep seeded issues within your own self that you dont feel comfortable with? lol................

Basically your saying "we're cultured and unique in New Orleans, but we dont like you if your not like us"....
That kind of belittles the whole "unique" argument, dont you think?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
LMBAO @ you saying things like "culture" and "unique" in one sentence, but then saying you wouldnt live in Atlanta because of the large number of gay people. Sounds like someone doesnt like things that are different from them and to me that screams "un-cultured" and not being exposed to anything. Even further, if you aren't gay, why are you worried about someone who is? Do we have some deep seeded issues within your own self that you dont feel comfortable with? lol................

Basically your saying "we're cultured and unique in New Orleans, but we dont like you if your not like us"....
That kind of belittles the whole "unique" argument, dont you think?
My question is how can you be Pro-NOLA and Anti-Gay?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:10 PM

364 posts, read 717,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Dont ask me my dude...I didnt say it...lol
I grew up in West Midtown, like 7 minutes from the intersection of Piedmont and 10 St. in East Midtown, which is probably one of the more colorful areas in the country if you catch my drift...lol. Grew up around gay people and had two male life partners right next door growing up that were really cool and were quite close with my mom actually, I remember when my first dog died they got me an Afghan Hound for my 8th Bday. Leave it to a gay man to get a 8 year old an Afghan Hound....lol. Only in Atlanta...

I have no problem with gay people, everyone should be able to live life how they see fit, and I have always looked sideways at dudes with all this "no homo" type stuff. Like really bruh??? If you aint gay why are you worried about it??

Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Dont ask me my dude...I didnt say it...lol
I grew up in West Midtown, like 7 minutes from the intersection of Piedmont and 10 St. in East Midtown, which is probably one of the more colorful areas in the country if you catch my drift...lol. Grew up around gay people and had two male life partners right next door growing up that were really cool and were quite close with my mom actually, I remember when my first dog died they got me an Afghan Hound for my 8th Bday. Leave it to a gay man to get a 8 year old an Afghan Hound....lol. Only in Atlanta...

I have no problem with gay people, everyone should be able to live life how they see fit, and I have always looked sideways at dudes with all this "no homo" type stuff. Like really bruh??? If you aint gay why are you worried about it??
It wasn't directed at you.. I was moreso adding on to what you said.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:23 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,988,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
LOL, for real. Correct me if I'm wrong, but New Orleans has a pretty sizable LGBT community.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM

23,450 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
LOL, for real. Correct me if I'm wrong, but New Orleans has a pretty sizable LGBT community.
Yes, not to mention the oldest operating gay bar in the nation.

New Orleans Gay Bars - Cafe Lafittes in Exile - Home

Old 06-24-2010, 05:51 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,299,668 times
I'm going to be in Atlanta this weekend.

I'll be the white girl with the LA plates driving to Piedmont Park blasting the Rebirth Brass Band.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City