Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is better?
Atlanta 152 53.52%
New Orleans 132 46.48%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,081,479 times

Advertisements

It's pretty obvious Atlanta is more educated than New Orleans. It's a tourist city and really nothing more. It's not really a financial center and it hosts some big events because of it's tourist element. Other then that, the city is full of poverty outside of it's core.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 AM

640 posts, read 1,220,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
So where can you get organic food in N.O. after midnight?Vegetarian?
You can here in Atlanta 24/7
R. Thomas Deluxe Grill: Welcome to R. Thomas Deluxe Grill!

For population 25 years and over in New Orleans:

• High school or higher: 83.7%
  • Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.4%
  • Graduate or professional degree: 14.2%
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/New-Or...#ixzz2dB189xzi
For population 25 years and over in Atlanta:

• High school or higher: 88.3%
  • Bachelor's degree or higher: 47.2%
  • Graduate or professional degree: 17.9%
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Atlant...#ixzz2dB4lMYvK
From those stats,which city would you conclude is more wordly and educated.?
?

Haha what does being able to get organic/vegetarian food have to do with being a vibrant city? First of all, we do have organic/vegetarian options. Second, it seems like your just frantically searching for things Atlanta might be better at than NOLA while forgetting that those facts do not make ATL a more vibrant livable city.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,081,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
Haha what does being able to get organic/vegetarian food have to do with being a vibrant city? First of all, we do have organic/vegetarian options. Second, it seems like your just frantically searching for things Atlanta might be better at than NOLA while forgetting that those facts do not make ATL a more vibrant livable city.
He talks around in circles all the time. I just stop taking his posts seriously...you will notice he does this on any thread with comparison made to Atlanta. A true Atlanta homer who stops at nothing to try to convince the other person Atlanta is the better city lol.

Anyways, Atlanta isn't more vibrant, but it's more livable than N.O. definitely.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,725,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
Am I?If so answer the question.If imjust searching for stuff then just give me an answer.
Because in big cities like Houston,Dallas,Sab Fran ,Boston or NYC i bet you can too.
I asked because my friends from D.C. were vegans and wanted to eat out one night after midnight.We went there and they good not believe how good it was and that it stayed open so late.It never closes.
Eating healthy is hard to ndo after the clubs close at 3am.

I just looked up some in those cities and everyone had at least ONE.
Atlanta has soo much more options in almost every angle over N.O.
Its one of the factors that has made Atlanta one of the fastest growing cities for over 40years.
Options means accessibility.Less options.Less diversity.Less things to do.
Searching?Not hardly.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
He talks around in circles all the time. I just stop taking his posts seriously...you will notice he does this on any thread with comparison made to Atlanta. A true Atlanta homer who stops at nothing to try to convince the other person Atlanta is the better city lol.

Anyways, Atlanta isn't more vibrant, but it's more livable than N.O. definitely.
You are constantly proven wrong and you STILL keep saying things about other people?Really dude?Get a your facts straight then get back to me.How many time have posters on C-D made you put your foot in the mouth?Don;t make me go through some of your wild erroneous statements again and shame you by reposting them.Grow up dude.You are out of high school aren't you?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:53 AM

37,796 posts, read 41,536,546 times
Quote:
Have you been to City Market or Ellis Square around midnight?River Street is not the main area anymore.
It is the most comparable area to the French Quarter, or should I say Bourbon Street. Either way, NOLA has it all over Savannah here. To say that NOLA is not much more festive than Savannah is highly inaccurate. That's not saying that Savannah isn't festive because it truly is, but NOLA is on an entirely different level in this regard.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:22 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,116,682 times
Quote:
So where can you get organic food in N.O. after midnight?Vegetarian?
You can here in Atlanta 24/7
R. Thomas Deluxe Grill: Welcome to R. Thomas Deluxe Grill!

For population 25 years and over in New Orleans:

• High school or higher: 83.7%
  • Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.4%
  • Graduate or professional degree: 14.2%

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/New-Or...#ixzz2dB189xzi
For population 25 years and over in Atlanta:

• High school or higher: 88.3%
  • Bachelor's degree or higher: 47.2%
  • Graduate or professional degree: 17.9%

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Atlant...#ixzz2dB4lMYvK
From those stats,which city would you conclude is more wordly and educated.?
?
I like steak and I wouldn't be looking for organic restaurants so I don't know.

Of course Atlanta is more educated. No one denied that or even brought it up. I said people are worldly. I've met people from numerous countries in New Orleans and the young New Orleanians know much more about the world than the people I went to school with.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I like steak and I wouldn't be looking for organic restaurants so I don't know.

Of course Atlanta is more educated. No one denied that or even brought it up. I said people are worldly. I've met people from numerous countries in New Orleans and the young New Orleanians know much more about the world than the people I went to school with.
YOU said you could get anything in New Orleans because the food scene was very diverse.Well if that is true then you can't say New Orleans food scene is so diverse if you cant tell me what they offer.
Do you not have friends that don't eat meat?I eat meat too.Its gotta be lean but I do eat it.

Part of being worldly is being educated.Lack of education means a lack of worldly lifestyle.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,795,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I'm not sure how you got that Georgia is ahead.
DUDE ... per your OWN POST!

Louisiana
Economic Impact of the Industry
The motion picture and television industry is responsible for 8,655 direct jobs and $377.9 million in wages in Louisiana, including both production and distribution-related jobs. Over 3,400 of the jobs are production-related.

Georgia
Economic Impact of the Industry
The motion picture and television industry is responsible for 22,843 direct jobs and $1.3 billion in wages in Georgia, including both production and distribution-related jobs. Over 6,500 of the jobs are production-related.

Are they building major motion picture and television studios FROM THE GROUND UP in Louisiana, aka Pinewood Studios in Atlanta? If so, nobody's heard of it.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,795,001 times
Anybody been to Six Flags New Orleans lately?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City