Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is better?
Atlanta 152 53.52%
New Orleans 132 46.48%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Trolling? I think you know better than that. You guys had no problem pointing out the fact that more filming is done in Atlanta, but when I point out the fact that New Orleans is more respected as a setting for stories, all of a sudden you want to claim someone is "trolling".

Take note of the fact that I was talking about movies, and not necessarily television shows. I also never said that NOTHING is set in Atlanta, but the city itself is not a primary feature the way New Orleans often is. There's currently an HBO series about New Orleans. There was a DISNEY MOVIE about New Orleans. Atlanta does not have that. In these productions, there's actually references about the Bywater, Uptown, Audubon Park, the cemeteries, etc. When's the last time something that "took place" in Atlanta highlighted the culture of the West End, Inman Park, EAV, or Decatur? It just doesn't happen often, and you know it.

I was just bringing up a very valid point, but I never said anything about this being a major part of where I decide to live, so you deciding to bring Houston in this as a lame attempt to hurt my feelings was absolutely ineffective.
There was a World wide famous hit Movie made about Atlanta in 1938 with references to Whitehall Street (now Peachtree Street) and other parts of town and many true historical events in Atlanta that were important to the city and the Nation as a whole.

Do you know what movie I'm talking about?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM

640 posts, read 1,225,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
There was a World wide famous hit Movie made about Atlanta in 1938 with references to Whitehall Street (now Peachtree Street) and other parts of town and many true historical events in Atlanta that were important to the city and the Nation as a whole.

Rhett and Scarlett took their honeymoon in New Orleans

Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:

Who doesn't know what movie you're talking about?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:17 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
Rhett and Scarlett took their honeymoon in New Orleans
Exactly the point!Atlanta is a better city to live in!N.O. u visit.Besides its not like people from New Orleans don't come to Atlanta to visit other than visit.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
Quote:

It is in fact the most famous movie ever made ... novel too ... so there!

Some cities, like New Orleans and Savannah, just make better backdrops for stories, period. In fact, THIS movie is playing at your local multiplex right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Miw3XvO9ZgU

Old 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Trolling? I think you know better than that. You guys had no problem pointing out the fact that more filming is done in Atlanta, but when I point out the fact that New Orleans is more respected as a setting for stories, all of a sudden you want to claim someone is "trolling".

Take note of the fact that I was talking about movies, and not necessarily television shows. I also never said that NOTHING is set in Atlanta, but the city itself is not a primary feature the way New Orleans often is. There's currently an HBO series about New Orleans. There was a DISNEY MOVIE about New Orleans. Atlanta does not have that. In these productions, there's actually references about the Bywater, Uptown, Audubon Park, the cemeteries, etc. When's the last time something that "took place" in Atlanta highlighted the culture of the West End, Inman Park, EAV, or Decatur? It just doesn't happen often, and you know it.

I was just bringing up a very valid point, but I never said anything about this being a major part of where I decide to live, so you deciding to bring Houston in this as a lame attempt to hurt my feelings was absolutely inNOBODY has beffective.
How is it a valid point if its wrong?You just put your foot in your mouth again!Like the other poster mentioned,GWTW is all over Atlanta.Most people dont know the movie you are even talking about,but GWTW is one of the worlds best selling books and movies they still shpw on T.V.

I even mentioned Driving Miss Daisy.Have you ever seen that movie?

Im not trying to get into it with you again.Im really not but nobody has not tried to paint Atlanta as being as special as N.O.Is pretty accepted that N.O. is a more than special backdrop for movies.This is why a lot of movies are being filmed in Savannah and Charleston as well.Its a non sequitur.

However that can be more of a drawbackThe citiy's presence is more than just a backdrop due to its overwhelming physical and cultural presence.
Its easier to film in places that has a more ecletic surrounding.New Orleans like Atlanta is cheap.

I just got finished telling you how some of the movies I mentioned center around the CDC.Its not Uptown but it is Atlanta.
Deliverence
Sharky's Machine
Single Ladies:
It shows Atlanta prominently.In fact Atlanta is upfront as part of the plot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUASxtjSTr8

You and some may not like it but Reality shows are filmed in Atlanta all over.Atlanta parks,clubs,landmarks are displayed prominently.
Hip Hop Atlanta'
Real Housewives of Atlanta
R&B Diva's Atlanta

All are top ranked shows.
No more are not talked about with Atlanta being central to the plot than those with New Orleans.
But it is.This notion that NO has cullture and Atlanta does not isjust TROLLING.

The fact is Atlanta and Georgia has a bonafide movie industry
There already major production facilities actually located here.Not just "ON SET".You guys don't seem to grasps what going on here

Pinewood Atlanta
The studio announced on April 29, 2013 that its first film production facility in the United States would be located south of Atlanta, Georgia.[18]
The complex will include production offices and at least five soundstages. It will be located on 288 acres in Fayette County, Georgia.
‘Game-changer’: Pinewood Studios plans live-work, educational campuses in F’ville | The Citizen

Tyler Perry Studios
Lakewood Studios/EuEScreen Gems
Movie studio fills jobs with metro Atlanta residents - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

The fact that more movies are filmed in N.O. is because it is area specific.Do you think N.O. would rather have what going on in this video or bragging rights about several non blockbusting little revenue producing movies and shows.
Thats what we are talking about :TAX Revenue.
Accolades about how special your city is nothing if you cannot provide enough for the people who wish to live there to enjoy its uniquesness. This is why people visit more than move in some cities.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:58 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
How is it a valid point if its wrong?You just put your foot in your mouth again!Like the other poster mentioned,GWTW is all over Atlanta.Most people dont know the movie you are even talking about,but GWTW is one of the worlds best selling books and movies they still shpw on T.V.

I even mentioned Driving Miss Daisy.Have you ever seen that movie?

Im not trying to get into it with you again.Im really not but nobody has not tried to paint Atlanta as being as special as N.O.Is pretty accepted that N.O. is a more than special backdrop for movies.This is why a lot of movies are being filmed in Savannah and Charleston as well.Its a non sequitur.

However that can be more of a drawbackThe citiy's presence is more than just a backdrop due to its overwhelming physical and cultural presence.
Its easier to film in places that has a more ecletic surrounding.New Orleans like Atlanta is cheap.

I just got finished telling you how some of the movies I mentioned center around the CDC.Its not Uptown but it is Atlanta.
Deliverence
Sharky's Machine
Single Ladies:
It shows Atlanta prominently.In fact Atlanta is upfront as part of the plot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUASxtjSTr8

You and some may not like it but Reality shows are filmed in Atlanta all over.Atlanta parks,clubs,landmarks are displayed prominently.
Hip Hop Atlanta'
Real Housewives of Atlanta
R&B Diva's Atlanta

All are top ranked shows.
No more are not talked about with Atlanta being central to the plot than those with New Orleans.
But it is.This notion that NO has cullture and Atlanta does not isjust TROLLING.

The fact is Atlanta and Georgia has a bonafide movie industry
There already major production facilities actually located here.Not just "ON SET".You guys don't seem to grasps what going on here

Pinewood Atlanta
The studio announced on April 29, 2013 that its first film production facility in the United States would be located south of Atlanta, Georgia.[18]
The complex will include production offices and at least five soundstages. It will be located on 288 acres in Fayette County, Georgia.
‘Game-changer’: Pinewood Studios plans live-work, educational campuses in F’ville | The Citizen

Tyler Perry Studios
Lakewood Studios/EuEScreen Gems
Movie studio fills jobs with metro Atlanta residents - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

The fact that more movies are filmed in N.O. is because it is area specific.Do you think N.O. would rather have what going on in this video or bragging rights about several non blockbusting little revenue producing movies and shows.
Thats what we are talking about :TAX Revenue.
Accolades about how special your city is nothing if you cannot provide enough for the people who wish to live there to enjoy its uniquesness. This is why people visit more than move in some cities.
You're right on schedule with the Tyler Perry namedropping. I swear that man owes you some serious cash for all the boosting you do for him.

Nothing I said was incorrect. You yourself agreed with what I was saying, perhaps without realizing it:

Quote:
I also never said that NOTHING is set in Atlanta, but the city itself is not a primary feature the way New Orleans often is.
So like you said, there's no point in wasting the time we do debating nothing. By the way, that doesn't count the time it takes me to actually read your typing/spelling.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:30 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
I know one thing. WHO DAT

Old 08-28-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
You're right on schedule with the Tyler Perry namedropping. I swear that man owes you some serious cash for all the boosting you do for him.

Nothing I said was incorrect. You yourself agreed with what I was saying, perhaps without realizing it:

Tyler Perry Studios is a major production facility.Why would I not mention it?By the way TP is from New Orleans.Wonder why he did not put his multimillion dollar studio in Nola?

So like you said, there's no point in wasting the time we do debating nothing. By the way, that doesn't count the time it takes me to actually read your typing/spelling.
Yes I could spend more time worrying about what someone or C-D might think about me and my typin or be like you and stress-out over my ability to hold you accountable for what you say and criticize me ,Or I could do like I have been doing and keep making money and enjoying my life while I type from my phone or laptop in between my fabulous ATLANTA lifestyle! As we Atlantan's say:"Dont hate me,hate the game!:

Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I know one thing. WHO DAT
YUCK!lol
Another reason tp kick Nola Saints a** this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City