Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2023, 09:33 AM

455 posts, read 528,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
The problem with that idea is that they don't have any underutilized land downtown. And Pitt County is not the type to buy property.

Redeveloping the old Hospital site seems to make a lot of sense from a "county-wide" access point. Its more accessible than downtown AND, most importantly, the county owns it.

Greenville's downtown is small enough that just with the City and ECU and courthouses, it can be filled without the county getting too involved. ECU is expanding the footprint of downtown with the Millennial campus but still needs to put investment into the Reade St corridor.
The city center still leaves quite a bit to be desired. A lot of empty space, but I understand the realities.... I agree the building on the old hospital site would be great too, and yet that isn't happening either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2023, 10:59 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
The city center still leaves quite a bit to be desired. A lot of empty space, but I understand the realities.... I agree the building on the old hospital site would be great too, and yet that isn't happening either.
Completely agree. We need for some properties to be re-developed. ECU has just purchased and not re-developed. Rivers Building & Block. Post Office. These were buildings built when Greenville was 30k, not 100k

Old 02-08-2023, 10:52 AM

71 posts, read 291,243 times
Hello all. Long time reader here, use to post wayyy back in the beginning of this thread when BMOREBOY started it, anyway...I was wondering, are there any webcam or construction cams we can view to monitor the progress of the Uptown Hotel?

Old 02-08-2023, 11:13 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
The first of the two Greenville Blvd. Biscuitville locations opened yesterday. This is the former Applebee's location. The one at Eastbrook is still under construction.

Just saw an updated PDF file list of Bed, Bath & Beyond store closures list. Greenville's store is closing. No details as to when, but I'm guessing real, real soon.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:10 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,213 times
Biscuitville’s site selections are strange to me. Greenville Blvd doesn’t see that much traffic in AM drive, it is a retail corridor. The E-W commuter traffic is mostly on Firetower and 10th now.

I guess their research said to go to places low income adjacent but still accessible to everyone. I don’t see why else they picked the places they did.

Old 02-10-2023, 09:02 AM

There is more info and a picture on Facebook, but Native Fine Diner will be opening in the old Carolina Grill space:
https://www.eatatnative.com/

Interesting concept.

Old 02-10-2023, 02:15 PM

455 posts, read 528,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
There is more info and a picture on Facebook, but Native Fine Diner will be opening in the old Carolina Grill space:
https://www.eatatnative.com/

Interesting concept.
Very excited to see this open. Also wondering what happened to the other end of that building. There were plans to open at least one small business and renovations were taking place, but that is either taking a very long time or has fallen through.

Old 02-21-2023, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Someone must have leased the old Mattress Firm at the east corner of Greenville Blvd and Evans. The front facade has been removed and the interior gutted.
Quote:
Googling the address shows a “Tire House” shop coming.

Garage doors were installed across the front and it looks like a set up for a quickie lube place so that tracks.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/100-...e-NC/26702665/
Wonder if this fell through. Some renovation was done, but it hasn’t been touched in at least a month.

Old 02-28-2023, 08:06 AM

33 posts, read 39,009 times
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-starbucks-01.jpg  

Old 02-28-2023, 01:23 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times
Notice a new gas station on Firetower Rd right near the Tower with some low gas prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina