Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times

Advertisements

He's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
>>>>>

Perhaps his little lady was taking that "inappropriate relationship" to new and creative heights during the ride?

Maybe she was even "sitting" on his lap?
"Really reaching around", eh?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
He's gone.
what do you mean he is gone: wishful thinking , a hunch you have or did you see this somewhere? Most of us, here in AR are watching and listening like crazy for some news. Where did you hear it?

Nita

Old 04-09-2012, 01:15 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, I was probably the first person to post on the AR board what a jerk I have always thought he was. He has no personality, he is arrogant and known for his disloyalty, but I am simply being a realist here. Football supports the college and brings money into the state, he has produced a couple of top teams and maybe even a number one team this fall. I am not defending him, I am the one who has said, this is a no win situation for everyone, but I still maintain they are not going to fire him: maybe they will cut his salary, I don't even think that will happen.
I am not on the AR boards so whatever you posted there does not translate here... I don't think they are going to fire him either. But I don't think they should have hired him. It's not my school, so I dont have that much stake in it. But my school is in the SEC and this will not help the conference in the court of public opinion.

Quote:
BTW, do I think he meant adultery? Probably, but there are other situations, short of adultery that could be considered inappropriate. I just don't like people being so judgemental without knowing the situation and yes, I believe this is between his family, himself and his God. I talked to a couple of kids at our chruch last Sat, both said they did not think he should or would lose his job. I will add our church is pretty evangelical and conservative. One of the two is a student at U of A.
That's the key word in this paragraph... Of course they don't think he should be. They want their football team to be good.

Quote:
As for parents wanting their kids to play for him, I guess it takes someone who is really involved in sports to understand why a parent would want that. It is called "the future of my child's carreer" For kids who are not planning on a professional career I would agree, but 75% of those playing football or baseball as well as basketball at the college level think they will eventually go pro even though only a few make it.
Kids who are good enough to get a scholarship from Arkansas have a choice of several other top programs that could land them in the NFL. So that's not a good enough reason for me... And I'm really into sports, so that's not a good reason either.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I am not on the AR boards so whatever you posted there does not translate here... I don't think they are going to fire him either. But I don't think they should have hired him. It's not my school, so I dont have that much stake in it. But my school is in the SEC and this will not help the conference in the court of public opinion.

That's the key word in this paragraph... Of course they don't think he should be. They want their football team to be good.

Kids who are good enough to get a scholarship from Arkansas have a choice of several other top programs that could land them in the NFL. So that's not a good enough reason for me... And I'm really into sports, so that's not a good reason either.
I realize you are not on the AR board and I didn't mean it quite the way it came out, what I was just trying to explain, no I do not support him, I do not and have never liked him as a person, but I am still a realist and football bring money into the schools, the state and the community. Money does talk.

I will drop it now until we know something more, but one more thing: I do not really think this is going to hurt the SEC. What too many are forgetting, stuff like this happens way to often. Before the start of the fall season it could very well be forgotten.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
People are still making fun of UGA and the famous "red panties" DUI arrest and subsequent termination of AD Damon Evans from the summer of 2010. Rivals will taunt the Hogs and will not forget this.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,850,258 times
Actually anywhere *other* than the SEC they might forget...and this is way too embarrassing for anyone to forget about or let go of anytime soon.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:32 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Quote:
I realize you are not on the AR board and I didn't mean it quite the way it came out, what I was just trying to explain, no I do not support him, I do not and have never liked him as a person, but I am still a realist and football bring money into the schools, the state and the community. Money does talk.

I will drop it now until we know something more, but one more thing: I do not really think this is going to hurt the SEC. What too many are forgetting, stuff like this happens way to often. Before the start of the fall season it could very well be forgotten.

I get your point on him and where you stand. We all know he's probably going to stay on as coach. We are just saying he shouldnt. And the school, community, and state should be embarrassed... but they should have been embarrassed to even hire him.

As for the part in bold... I disagree completely with this. If something like this does happen, the right thing is done. UGA fired its AD for a similar situation that did not even get the national pub that this is getting. UT fired Bruce Pearl for lying to the NCAA. Malzone was pushed out Auburn quickly after his wife debacle. U get where I'm going... Booster cheating and players being arrested is one thing. But the coaches and leaders of SEC prorgrams are not given any type of leesh on their morality and character. Having a leader of character is just part of the job requirement around these parts... If you fail at that usually you are fired.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I get your point on him and where you stand. We all know he's probably going to stay on as coach. We are just saying he shouldnt. And the school, community, and state should be embarrassed... but they should have been embarrassed to even hire him.

As for the part in bold... I disagree completely with this. If something like this does happen, the right thing is done. UGA fired its AD for a similar situation that did not even get the national pub that this is getting. UT fired Bruce Pearl for lying to the NCAA. Malzone was pushed out Auburn quickly after his wife debacle. U get where I'm going... Booster cheating and players being arrested is one thing. But the coaches and leaders of SEC prorgrams are not given any type of leesh on their morality and character. Having a leader of character is just part of the job requirement around these parts... If you fail at that usually you are fired.
Did someone mention Gus Malzone's wife?

For your viewing pleasure: Here's The Bizarre Kristi Malzahn Interview Somebody's Trying To Sweep Off The Internet.

I don't know how someone could stay married to such an ignoramous. She must have other "skills" not readily apparent in this ridiculous interview.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM

I am in a total state of shock, it looks like patrino is gone according to ESPN. We will have a news conference on channel 34, which is Direct TV. I don't know what channel it would be otherwise. The time: 7:15 central time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football