Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,662,456 times

Advertisements

My sincere gratitude Louisville.

Yours truly,
A Georgia fan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 01:35 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Notre Dame has done jack squat in the last 20 years, but yet their fans still talk big stuff. No matter what happens during the NC game, all we'll hear from the media and fanboys is "The Irish are back!"
Totally get that. Probably the most underperforming college football program ever, given its national television contract with NBC and national reach for recruits.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,972 times
Hhmmmmmm...now where did I put those hip boots?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
You do realize the PAC12 has an autobid to a BCS bowl...

When the Ducks can beat a good defense can they be in discussion. Far superior would mean that Stanford should have handled Wisconsin better. They did have 6 losses playing in a very down Big 10.
The Pac-12 doesn't have an auto bid to two bowls, so having two teams in BCS bowls 2 out of the last 4 years is impressive.

Now, you are probably the only one here that can make a claim that the Ducks cannot be in the discussion.

Impressive first half of football against NIU- LMAO!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
The Pac-12 doesn't have an auto bid to two bowls, so having two teams in BCS bowls 2 out of the last 4 years is impressive.

Now, you are probably the only one here that can make a claim that the Ducks cannot be in the discussion.

Impressive first half of football against NIU- LMAO!
Thanks for noticing. A team that averages 400+ yards struggled for their 100 in the first half. Constant 3 and out I know was pretty boring to watch. As for our offensive woes, Manuel graduates so the offense can only go up.

You know how Oregon plays when they face a top 40 defense... Not good. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
[quote=BajanYankee;27604587]I said that the ACC became stronger with the addition of BC among other squads. I didn't say it became a powerhouse. BC does a lot to countervail the softness of Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, Maryland and UVA, imo.

No, you dismissed Clemson as a "perennialy [sic] underachiever." If Clemson is a "perennial underachiever," then Oregon is the ultimate underachiever as it has won zilch. Nada. Rien. No national titles. Yeah, they're good now, but I don't see them as substantially better than FSU. And I don't see Stanford as being substantially better than Clemson. Miami is the "X Factor" in that conference, imo, as it remains to be seen whether they can get their act together.

Didn't I already admit I was wrong?

It's quite easy to be "far superior" to Penn State at the moment, no? Is Stanford "far superior" to Nebraska? That may be overstating the case a bit, but I'm admittedly not the best authority as I'm only an occasional viewer of the college game.

If you're going to throw the Washington Huskies into the discussion, you might as well drag Georgia Tech into it, as they were also a "power in the 90s."

Again, I think the Pac-12 is better than the ACC, but the gap is not as big as you're making it out to be, imo. If we were talking about the Big 10 or the Big 12, conferences that have tons of NCs and storied programs, that would be one thing. But teams like Oregon and Stanford have more or less been an afterthought until recent years.[/

Think what you want and I'll go by what results I have seen lately. I have to go watch the Ducks in their 4 straight BCS game.

Go Ducks!

Last edited by Acuda; 01-03-2013 at 03:27 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,527,001 times
Quote:
Thanks for noticing. A team that averages 400+ yards struggled for their 100 in the first half. Constant 3 and out I know was pretty boring to watch. As for our offensive woes, Manuel graduates so the offense can only go up.

You know how Oregon plays when they face a top 40 defense... Not good. Good luck.
This was your year to win it before you graduated and lost players to the NFL per many FSU fans. That national championship hype didn't work out so well.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,806,078 times
Quote:

They've faired pretty well against their last 3 SEC opponents (since this is an SEC thread). They out gained LSU by gaining over 330 yards during their game last season. They put up over 440 yards against Tennessee in 2010, on the road. They put up almost 450 yards against Auburn in the title game a couple of years ago.

Their defense failed they in the 2 loses to Auburn and LSU.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
They've faired pretty well against their last 3 SEC opponents (since this is an SEC thread). They out gained LSU by gaining over 330 yards during their game last season. They put up over 440 yards against Tennessee in 2010, on the road. They put up almost 450 yards against Auburn in the title game a couple of years ago.

Their defense failed they in the 2 loses to Auburn and LSU.
Just because it is the SEC doesn't mean all teams have a great defense. LSU is the only one of those 3 that had a good defense. They played them in Week 1. Auburn's defense was burned all season; Cam was winning it for them in shootouts. Tennessee was garbage.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,661,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's how I feel about Notre Dame and most Big 10 teams.

People may hate SEC fans, but the fact that their team is the one holding the trophy at year's end makes that hatred irrational. Notre Dame has done jack squat in the last 20 years, but yet their fans still talk big stuff. No matter what happens during the NC game, all we'll hear from the media and fanboys is "The Irish are back!"

I'd place my hatred for ND on par with the Dallas Cowboys. I hate Duke as well, but at least they have accomplishments to back up their jerkiness. Same with Yankee fans.
Im pretty much with you on this one...couldnt give you any rep points...I dont have a dislike of the Big10, but immensly hate ND...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football