Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2023, 07:48 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctousley819 View Post
Do I think Bama is very good? I do. Do I think Texas is very good? I do. Do I think UGA is very good? I do. Do I think FSU is very good? I do.
FSU is not very good without Travis. I don't think I would even say they were "very good" with him.

Aside from being able to say you've been to the CFP and some sense of moral rectitude, what exactly is the upside of going to the Playoff and losing by multiple TDs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2023, 07:57 AM

387 posts, read 351,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
FSU is not very good without Travis. I don't think I would even say they were "very good" with him.

Aside from being able to say you've been to the CFP and some sense of moral rectitude, what exactly is the upside of going to the Playoff and losing by multiple TDs?
Oh...and you are so sure we would lose by multiple TD's? Can I have the lotto #'s as well?

Maybe we would lose by multiple TD's. We did against Oregon in 2014. Does that mean we didn't belong? No...that was an avalanche after two fumbles. We absolutely did.

Of course, maybe we win by multiple TD's? You have no idea what FSU would look like with Tate as QB with a few weeks of real 1st string practice.

FSU is still VERY good without Travis. They were GREAT with him as they had an offense that moved the ball well with a stout defense. A defense which stepped UP when Travis went out. And stepped up even more when Tate went out.

But alas, we will not find out because the committee deemed a P5 school that won all its games, won its conference championship, is not good enough. Because they said so. Guess we don't need to actually play games.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Oh...and you are so sure we would lose by multiple TD's? Can I have the lotto #'s as well?

Maybe we would lose by multiple TD's. We did against Oregon in 2014. Does that mean we didn't belong? No...that was an avalanche after two fumbles. We absolutely did.

Of course, maybe we win by multiple TD's? You have no idea what FSU would look like with Tate as QB with a few weeks of real 1st string practice.

FSU is still VERY good without Travis. They were GREAT with him as they had an offense that moved the ball well with a stout defense. A defense which stepped UP when Travis went out. And stepped up even more when Tate went out.

But alas, we will not find out because the committee deemed a P5 school that won all its games, won its conference championship, is not good enough. Because they said so. Guess we don't need to actually play games.
Like I said, FSU gets to be the guy in the club whose friends are "holding him back" from beating up Mike Tyson. I mean, you never know, if his friends let him go, then *maybe* he could beat up Tyson. We can't say for sure.

It's kind of a win-win honestly. You get spared the humiliation of a Washington/OSU/TSU-style beatdown while being able to whine for years about what could have been if only the Committee had given the Noles a chance to show what they could do.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Like I said, FSU gets to be the guy in the club whose friends are "holding him back" from beating up Mike Tyson. I mean, you never know, if his friends let him go, then *maybe* he could beat up Tyson. We can't say for sure.

It's kind of a win-win honestly. You get spared the humiliation of a Washington/OSU/TSU-style beatdown while being able to whine for years about what could have been if only the Committee had given the Noles a chance to show what they could do.
I would have liked to take my chances. Last time I recall a SEC team was going to humiliate us it was the other way around.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I would have liked to take my chances. Last time I recall a SEC team was going to humiliate us it was the other way around.
Yeah, nobody outside of Tallahassee is trying to see a 55 passing yard performance from a 3rd string QB.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah, nobody outside of Tallahassee is trying to see a 55 passing yard performance from a 3rd string QB.
See...that's the problem. So it is about what "looks" best, not about who is best? Got it.

Old 12-04-2023, 08:34 AM

Quote:
See...that's the problem. So it is about what "looks" best, not about who is best? Got it.
55 passing yards against a subpar opponent isn't the best. That's called offensive ineptitude.

Old 12-04-2023, 10:07 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,137,507 times
Quote:
55 passing yards against a subpar opponent isn't the best. That's called offensive ineptitude.
Last I checked there's 3 phases to the game

Old 12-04-2023, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Last I checked there's 3 phases to the game
That's what we all thought. But there is truly only one phase...SEC.

Old 12-04-2023, 12:19 PM

Florida A&M would probably have the same chances of winning as Florida State at this point. And you can't even argue with this point since "the games are played on the field!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football