Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2023, 07:32 AM

387 posts, read 352,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbp View Post
I did see this article show up in my news feed tonight. Looks like they are initiating a departure.

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...-ripple-effect
I expect this to be the announcement we are leaving without actually announcing it. They will approve legal aspects related to a departure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2023, 04:43 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,302,964 times
I wish they and Georgia would boycott their bowl game..

Old 12-22-2023, 04:49 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I wish they and Georgia would boycott their bowl game..
{shrug} go ahead, and then don't be surprised if neither team is never invited to another bowl, and deservedly so.

Old 12-23-2023, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
{shrug} go ahead, and then don't be surprised if neither team is never invited to another bowl, and deservedly so.
Don’t think this would happen at all, especially with a GA team that is undefeated and wins the SEC Championship.

Old 12-23-2023, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Don’t think this would happen at all, especially with a GA team that is undefeated and wins the SEC Championship.
Uh, this season UGA was not undefeated and they were not SEC champs

Old 12-24-2023, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Uh, this season UGA was not undefeated and they were not SEC champs
Not talking about this year. Your statement was they would not be invited back in the future. My comment stands: if they are undefeated and SEC champs in a future year, they will be invited back, even if they boycott this year.

Old 12-24-2023, 07:31 PM

13,622 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Georgia has no reason to boycott. They lost the SECCG fair and square.

Though FSU does have valid reasons to boycott, I still think it would be a foolish move.

Also going to reiterate my disappointment in the coaching staff for failing to convince many of the players that they still have something to play for.

It might be that lots of Georgia players will be opting out as well, but maybe the coaches have told them not to make it public for scouting purposes. A smart move if true.

Old 12-24-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Not talking about this year. Your statement was they would not be invited back in the future. My comment stands: if they are undefeated and SEC champs in a future year, they will be invited back, even if they boycott this year.
In Texas, they call that "if dog, rabbit" thinking. Dream on.

Old 12-26-2023, 06:58 AM

387 posts, read 352,231 times
While I am still hurt but the decision, I am not one of those that think boycotting does anything really. Sticks it to ESPN for bowl coverage? Eh. Actually all it does is hurt the players for the experience of playing in a major bowl. It wouldn't cause change or anything like that.

But like it or not, the snub HAS impacted FSU in negative ways, and look no further than some of the recent commit flips. Now, being in the ACC and deemed weaker is NOT the only reason some kids did not come, but it was alluded to in comments as a consideration.

Now Tate is transferring out, although either staff knew it was going to happen which is why they are going after DJU and Ward, or it is happened because they are going after DJU and Ward. Either way, unfortunate that we now go into the Orange Bowl with 1 scholarship QB. With all the opt outs and transfers, I went from truly believing we are going to win to this getting ugly quickly. Hope I am wrong. But oh well.

Old 12-26-2023, 07:10 AM

13,622 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctousley819 View Post
With all the opt outs and transfers, I went from truly believing we are going to win to this getting ugly quickly. Hope I am wrong. But oh well.
Same here. Makes me question the coaching staff, tbh.

Not sure if they've got what it takes to actually build long-term program continuity.

Putting together the pieces to make a run one year at a time is fine for a middling program, but at Florida State we expect long-term consistency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football