Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:20 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,803 times

Advertisements

Everyone is overrated this year. I can't see a dominant team at this point.
My take...
1- Oklahoma
2- Alabama
3- Oregon
4-25 - Pick'em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 11:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Isn't Auburn Alabama's bi*ch? Just like A&M are the longhorns bi*ch. Even when Alabama is down they still own you. Yes the mighty Auburn tiger from the mighty SEC that struggled to beat mediocre Kansas st.(who should have one the game if they had a half way decent kicker, they missed THREE field goals). Lol, didn't Oklahoma just beat the crap out of Tennesse? And didn't they just crush Alabama(the SEC gold standard) last year in the sugar bowl? Go away Sec fan, you're sounding more and more ridiculous with each post. You're conference is overrated, deal with it.
Dude, the first rule of holes is this: When you find yourself in one, stop digging. Texas has been everybody's favorite b*tch in the past couple of years, so I'm not sure where the superiority comes from. Hell, even if McCoy hadn't been injured in the 2009 BCS Championship, Alabama would have roasted you guys. But, as a reminder to guys like you who live in past, the only place where Texas's football glory can be found, Auburn's has beaten Alabama considerably more times than we've lost over the past thirty years. I mean, hey, if we go back through the entire history of college football, Alabama has a better W/L record, but Minnesota and Army used to be relevant, too.

And I'm pretty sure that Kansas State will essentially play prison shower with Texas in October, given what a toothless shambles of a program you have. What's more if, by some sheer magic of the football gods, TAMU plays you anytime in the next few years with Sumlin at the helm, the only thing that would be left of Texas when the game is over will be the lamentation of your women. It will be the equivalent of the Third Punic War. The Aggies will be Rome and you will be Carthage.

Tell you what. I'm not a big SEC partisan. I don't chant it at games. And Alabama losing is pretty much a good excuse for a party with me. But for some weird reason, guys like you make me want to do it. Because until another conference comes along and starts consistently knocking down championships and beating our bowl record of the past past decade or so year-in and year-out rather than cherry picking individual games such as Alabama's meltdown last year against the Sooners, then guys like you just sound like impotent clods.

Last edited by cpg35223; 09-21-2014 at 11:50 PM..

Old 09-28-2014, 12:13 AM

922 posts, read 1,698,844 times
Quote:
Lol, didn't Oklahoma just beat the crap out of Tennesse?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:34 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Do you realize that what they were talking about is Todd Gurley running for 208 yards?

From ESPN's article about the game:

"There were plenty of wow moments Saturday, and the No. 12 Bulldogs needed every one of them. Gurley rushed for a career-high 208 yards and two touchdowns, including a 51-yarder in the fourth quarter, as Georgia held off gritty Tennessee for a 35-32 victory."

Sounds like what they said is Georgia needed every weapon they had to beat a tough Tennessee.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:38 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Lol, Toche`, DtX4415. I'm not even going mention #13 South Carolina losing to a Missouri team that lost to INDIANA! Yeah the SEC is not overrated.(sarcasm)

Old 09-28-2014, 10:57 AM

922 posts, read 1,698,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Do you realize that what they were talking about is Todd Gurley running for 208 yards? .

That's not what it implies. For those that don't read the article - which is very common - it sounds like Oklahoma was tied for most of the game.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
Quote:
Lol, Toche`, DtX4415. I'm not even going mention #13 South Carolina losing to a Missouri team that lost to INDIANA! Yeah the SEC is not overrated.(sarcasm)
That game ticked me off last night. Missouri basically stinks it up for roughly 57 minutes and yet comes out with a win. The second to last Mizzou drive was all of 3 plays, 36 seconds. Bad news- Spurrier loses. Good news-FL controls their own destiny and they have Missouri in the Swamp in a couple weeks and I hope they whip em.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:28 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
South Carolina jumps to 14?
I am now awaiting the new rankings where Arizona will surely be in the top 10-15 by virtue of beating the #2 team, on the road at that.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:55 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
The "Overrated" Thread
If this thread is about being "Overrated", then the #2 (?) Oregon Ducks definitely need to be here.

Congrats to the currently unranked Arizona Wildcats! What a thriller! Scooby Wright looking like the collegiate J J Watt!

Old 10-03-2014, 07:20 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Once again Oregon is outplayed by a physical team. Oregon's line play is nowhere near where it needs to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football