Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 01:55 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,093,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
No tradition, really?

Pitt has 19 members inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame... more than WVU.

Pitt has won nine national championships... more than WVU.

Pitt has 11 players inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame... far more than WVU.

Pitt has a Heisman Trophy winner... more than WVU's ZERO.

Who cares about changing uniforms? Oregon has one new uniform combination every week. Are you going to say they have "no tradition" either? Shows your level of college football is not very high.

Who cares about sharing a stadium? I think it's a compliment to share Acrisure Stadium with the Pittsburgh Steelers, who are the AFC's most prominent franchise, and have won more championships, conference titles, division titles, and won more games than any team in that conference and than that other team in PA. You didn't know that the Steelers and Panthers shared Pitt Stadium before Three Rivers Stadium was built, so it's not like it's some "new" concept. Besides, Mountaineer Field is a dump of a stadium.

Oh and sounds like you have a short memory, but Pitt won the ACC in 2021. When was the last time WVU won a Big 12 title?

Next time you try to make an argument, make sure you have your FACTS straight.
You sPitt people are so funny.

Again, who won the game this year? Oh that’s right, West Virginia did

Who cares what Pitt did in the 40s? Nobody!

Currently, here’s all that matters. Pitt is a terrible football team and program. They play in a garbage conference that any Big 12 school would dominate in (including West Virginia). And you all will continue to be irrelevant for the rest of all mankind!

You can throw out all the “facts” you want, but all it’s all a poor attempt at making yourself feel better for how lousy arm Pitt is currently. Whatever helps you buddy

Maybe instead of coming on this thread and starting to talk trash (which you in fact did), maybe you should evaluate where Pitt currently stands.

I stand by my no tradition comment. I’m not talking about uniforms, but rather an identifiable brand. Pitt has no brand identity, and that’s why they will be left out when the ACC implodes. West Virginia is a far bigger brand, and actually has a following. Again, nobody cares what happened 80 years ago! Ask Princeton and Harvard if their football programs are flourishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2023, 02:55 PM

1,119 posts, read 516,286 times
Pitt sucks. End of conversation.

Old 10-20-2023, 07:33 AM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post

Currently, here’s all that matters. Pitt is a terrible football team and program. They play in a garbage conference that any Big 12 school would dominate in (including West Virginia). And you all will continue to be irrelevant for the rest of all mankind!

You can throw out all the “facts” you want, but all it’s all a poor attempt at making yourself feel better for how lousy arm Pitt is currently. Whatever helps you buddy

Maybe instead of coming on this thread and starting to talk trash (which you in fact did), maybe you should evaluate where Pitt currently stands.

I stand by my no tradition comment. I’m not talking about uniforms, but rather an identifiable brand. Pitt has no brand identity, and that’s why they will be left out when the ACC implodes. West Virginia is a far bigger brand, and actually has a following. Again, nobody cares what happened 80 years ago! Ask Princeton and Harvard if their football programs are flourishing.
Nah, dude, you just can't accept the facts. That is the real truth. You beat Pitt this year, congrats.

How was that pick six to lose the game last year? They made t-shirts from that, LOL. How many players did WVU have drafted in the NFL Draft last year? ZERO.

And WV is a $hithole of a state. It is so sorry, sad, and poor. It's largest city has roughly 60,000 people. LOL. And it is one of the least educated, poorest places in all the US. Who in their right mind would want to live there if they had a choice?

Old 10-20-2023, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
Pitt sucks. End of conversation.
Stay classy, PSU fan. You're pretty low when you pick on a program like Pitt. Why don't you ever make fun of Michigan or Ohio State? Because they beat your team's @ss every year and you keep choking over and over while they win the B1G, play in the CFP and play for the national title.

Old 10-20-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post

Also keep in mind, dude, you're saying WVU is a better program than Pitt right now... and WVU hasn't been ranked in FIVE years. Never ranked under current coach Neale Brown. LOL. Shows that your posts are pure bias and not backed up with any real facts.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...west-virginia/

Where's Dana Holgorsen when you need him?

Old 10-20-2023, 08:13 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,574,730 times
Quote:
Nah, dude, you just can't accept the facts. That is the real truth. You beat Pitt this year, congrats.

How was that pick six to lose the game last year? They made t-shirts from that, LOL. How many players did WVU have drafted in the NFL Draft last year? ZERO.

And WV is a $hithole of a state. It is so sorry, sad, and poor. It's largest city has roughly 60,000 people. LOL. And it is one of the least educated, poorest places in all the US. Who in their right mind would want to live there if they had a choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15;65976665[B
]Stay classy[/b], PSU fan. You're pretty low when you pick on a program like Pitt. Why don't you ever make fun of Michigan or Ohio State? Because they beat your team's @ss every year and you keep choking over and over while they win the B1G, play in the CFP and play for the national title.
Gee, I read first bolded, then the second bolded, and just shake my head.

This thread is supposed to be about college football, specifically WVU football. If you want to talk about the state of West Virginia, this isn't the place, but there's a place for that elsewhere on C-D.

Stay Classy, indeed.

Go Bucks

Old 10-20-2023, 10:44 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
^^^^Agreed. Relax, sluggermatt15. Your slip is showing. Oh, btw, Pitt sucks!

Old 10-20-2023, 08:04 PM

1,119 posts, read 516,286 times
Pitt sucks. Go PSU! And good luck to the Mountaineers tomorrow. They’ll bounce back with a W.

Old 10-21-2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Lol

When you have to resort to attacking the state as a whole, you know you’ve lost the debate.

Real classy… about what I expected

Old 10-21-2023, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Gee, I read first bolded, then the second bolded, and just shake my head.

This thread is supposed to be about college football, specifically WVU football. If you want to talk about the state of West Virginia, this isn't the place, but there's a place for that elsewhere on C-D.

Stay Classy, indeed.

Go Bucks
Sometimes you just have to shake your head.

Good win today by the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football