Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 03:46 PM

27 posts, read 49,294 times

Advertisements

Hi, just found this forum as we are planning a move to COS this summer, probably in July. My wife and I have lived in the same town (35000 ppl) all our lives and all of our family is here as well so this will be a BIG deal! We run a business here that we will sell as well as our house and hope to have it all completed by 1st of July.
My question is...have currently been looking at rentals online as we don't want to buy right a way...does the rent typically go up on homes in the summer or if I am seeing $1400/mo right now for a house will a comparible home be that same price when we go to look this summer? Sorry, hope this makes sense...also any other information or suggestions would be welcome! We have two kids and have looked at many of the threads here on schools so appreciate that info.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 PM

914 posts, read 2,207,061 times
Prices will likely vary little, but choices will become more abundant beginning around April 1.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:57 PM

346 posts, read 549,706 times
Inventory will definitely increase as summer approaches! This is a military town and PCS orders are coming out now for the summer; I have seen a huge jump in the number of homes for rent (most available after June 1) on my local mother's Facebook buy/sell page the last few weeks. More inventory means prices shouldn't increase much.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:13 AM

Thanks for the replies. Our current plan of moving beginning of July sounds good then since we will be searching in June and hopefully have a good amount of choices.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:54 AM

914 posts, read 2,207,061 times
My suggestion would be to try and have something secured by the end of May if at all possible. Activity in July starts to have a frenzied aspect about it.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:58 AM

Ok, thanks. Hopefully the house and business matters here will get done in a timely matter and we can maybe move out there a little sooner. Haven't rented in 13 years so gotta remember how all this works

Is it typical to actually rent a house online without seeing it? I guess I can't imagine not actually looking at it before renting it but it might have to be done that way.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:17 PM

50 posts, read 76,085 times
How old are your kids? Do you have a preference on the part of Colorado Springs you will be looking at? The area is very spread out from Monument in the north to Falcon out east to Fountain in the south, and Manitou Springs in the west. Some of the best districts are Cheyenne Mountain 12, Academy 20, and Lewis Palmer 38. With that said, many of the other districts are good, or at least have good sections and some less desirable sections.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizlykdm View Post
How old are your kids? Do you have a preference on the part of Colorado Springs you will be looking at? The area is very spread out from Monument in the north to Falcon out east to Fountain in the south, and Manitou Springs in the west. Some of the best districts are Cheyenne Mountain 12, Academy 20, and Lewis Palmer 38. With that said, many of the other districts are good, or at least have good sections and some less desirable sections.
Our kids will be in 4th and 7th grade next year. I have read and read about the schools and districts but it kind of just becomes a blur since we arent familiar with COS lol. We will probably be looking more to the northern/northeast side.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:11 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
It is not typical to rent anything "sight unseen". Even with photos, it is strongly advised to physically walk through (not past) a house or apartment before applying. On craigslist there are plenty of scammers that post houses for rent that they do not own.

PS. Congratulations on planning the move. I know it can be a huge deal to move from somewhere that you spent your whole life.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:54 AM

Yea, I stay away from Craigs list. We have a trip planned in March to do some looking and then hopefully again in May to actually do some applying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs