Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 AM

26,221 posts, read 49,066,237 times

Advertisements

Let's all get back on the topic of COLO being #4 on people's "dream list" of places to be.

When I worked for the Army, it was a bit of Army humor that everyone's dream list of places to be stationed always included Hawaii for obvious reasons and Germany for the great beer and transportation system.

COLO has the scenery, clean air (generally), dry air, snow, and mountains, all of which many people find highly desirable.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 04:04 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,219,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Let's all get back on the topic of COLO being #4 on people's "dream list" of places to be.

When I worked for the Army, it was a bit of Army humor that everyone's dream list of places to be stationed always included Hawaii for obvious reasons and Germany for the great beer and transportation system.

COLO has the scenery, clean air (generally), dry air, snow, and mountains, all of which many people find highly desirable.
And great beer. You just mentioned beer. How could you forget beer?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:09 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,979,824 times
Interesting. I'm actually a little surprised Colorado is as high on the list as we are, just because so many would-be relocatees are allergic to cold and snow, and Colorado is pretty much known for snow and lots of it. Notice the other top five: California, Hawaii, Florida, Arizona... all nearly snow free locales in the main population centers (I realize, of course, that parts of California and Arizona get heaps of snow.)

Old 10-22-2010, 06:13 PM

168 posts, read 381,534 times
I first drifted thru CO in 86 for about a month, then came back in 94 & was astounded at how much had been built in that time inbetween....left in 2000 when it seemed like a big building craze was going on & everyone from California was moving to CO....was back briefly in 2006, and back again now...

The things that made CO desirable, at least based on my ideas of what makes CO special, are slowly disappearing due to the amount of people piling into the state.....this last move back drove that reality into me real fast.....it's heartbreaking to see open spaces disappear, and I will never understand how people can build a ridiculously large house on the side of a mountain (and not even bother to try to blend it in with the surroundings)....yes, I had the old Indian with a tear rolling down his cheek commercial flashback.....Being so high on a desirable list is a bit of an honor, I just wish those people had more respect for what they desired........

Old 10-22-2010, 07:06 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,635,340 times
How many in the survey have ever been to Colorado or any of the other states mentioned? Most have a preconceived notion of what it would be like to live elsewhere.

In Colorado's case, it might be Vail and other ski resorts. Movie stars and Ski Bunnies.

Always greener....

Old 10-23-2010, 12:10 AM

69 posts, read 263,772 times
Washington and Oregon behind Colorado? Give me a break! Both Washington and Oregon have significantly more natural beauty than Colorado. Alaska does as well, but it's a bit out of the way.

Don't get me wrong, Colorado is nice, but it is behind Washington, Oregon, and Alaska in natural beauty. Colorado is probably behind Idaho and Montana as well. Therefore, IMO Colorado should be no higher than 6th place.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,350,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2 View Post
Washington and Oregon behind Colorado? Give me a break! Both Washington and Oregon have significantly more natural beauty than Colorado. Alaska does as well, but it's a bit out of the way.

Don't get me wrong, Colorado is nice, but it is behind Washington, Oregon, and Alaska in natural beauty. Colorado is probably behind Idaho and Montana as well. Therefore, IMO Colorado should be no higher than 6th place.
Opinions are great. We all get one.

I've lived in both Colorado and Oregon. I put Colorado ahead of Oregon. It's a different kind of beauty-dryer, sunnier-but still gorgeous. And those mountains! Wow.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 AM

437 posts, read 811,671 times
California will always be No 1 !

Old 10-23-2010, 07:54 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,263,395 times
Surprised Virginia isn't higher on the list. Great scenery, four seasons, plenty of water, mountains, ocean, Southern charm, American history, hunt country, uncrowded, fiscally responsible government, reasonable taxes, and one of the best economies in the nation right now. It's the complete package.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:49 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,469,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter441 View Post
California will always be No 1 !
Yuck.

I would take the front range with our mountains over LA, San Diego and San Francisco with their mountains any day. Plus we have way more sunny days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado