Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,315 times

Advertisements

Hello to everyone,

I am moving back to Colorado (havent been since I was born in C-springs in '76, but moved because of father was military). I currently live in Charlotte, NC and Can't wait to get out of here, 19 months of complete regret. I moved to CHarlotte to be closer to retired parents, but this is just the Worst place I have ever lived, never been so unhappy, and I am typically a very positive, happy dude. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years in my 20's and LOVE the west. But Phoenix, as you know, and this forum advises - phoenix has detoriated.
So, Colorado is where I want to settle.
Background: 31 yr old single male, work in banking software sales, also do volunteer firefighting. bodybuilder, LOVE the outdoors, love traveling and love mountains.
I am looking at Denver or Colorado Springs. I have not been back to CO for a long time so I need your guys help.
I would like to find a town where I have a good shot at finding a job in sales (I am open to not just technology, I WOULD LOVE TO WORK FOR A nutrition/sports nutrition company like EAS). I would rent the first year and I am embarrassed to admit, but I would like to meet someone special or at least be in a town with decent single woman. Also - social groups - like caving, hiking etc.
I plan moving mid Jan - To mid Feb
When should I look for jobs? Anyone in a similiar boat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 01:18 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I was in a similar boat about 10 years ago.

I was heavy into the volleyball scene in Denver. It's a great way to stay in shape, meet new people, plenty of attractive females!

I frequented Washington Park on the weekend and played drop-in and leagues in the gyms. Englewood Rec Center was one.

I also rode my mountain bike on the single path trails at Mount Falcon and throughout Denver's bike trails -

Colorado Bike Paths Central - A Resource for Bicyclists

along the Platte and Bear Creek.

Enjoy!

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-07-2007 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: trying to fix link

Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 PM

291 posts, read 2,075,650 times
As you should know, Colorado Springs is dominated by males due to the military presence. Denver has a handful of sports-oriented companies some of which have been funded by venture capital. Look for "Sports" in Monster.

However, since you are from a military family, you may lean more conservative and that may make CO Springs more attractive. The females who are there may feel the same, there's just less of them.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:24 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
Gee, you sound like a great person---can I be you for a day! With what you bring to this area, you would fit nicely. Boulder would be welcoming and fit your lifestyle. I would certainly look into the great vibrant neighborhoods of Denver--near South Pearl (Platt Park), Central Platt Valley, Golden.

For a job, I have a suggestion that will fit you nicely, The United States Antarctic Program U.S. Antarctic Program: Welcome to the USAP Portal is operated out of the Denver area through a contractor. The manning of all the stations, field camps are coordinated through this company, It is Ratheon Polar Service Raytheon Polar Services Company - Raytheon Polar Services Home Page

I worked as a full time employee there but most employees go down for seasonal work for 6 months and some a full year. The bad thing about it you have to go to New Zealand and then take a flight on a military aircraft to McMurdo, or a flight to the South Pole Station or you may be forced to go through Chile and Take a boat trip, across the Straits of Magellen to Palmer Station

And the women you meet--oh, the strongest, toughest, and most athletic--what a terrible job----can I be you????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado