Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 01:49 AM

121 posts, read 314,035 times

Advertisements

1) Current City and State = South Louisiana (Lafayette)

2) Why do you want to leave = Oilfield BAN has my husband being transferred

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Looking at Broomfield and Arvada

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = None we are being transferred

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Moving in three weeks ;-)

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Life is good all the time no matter what road your traveling right now enjoy the journey :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 05:01 AM

4 posts, read 4,975 times
1)Current City and State = Goodyear, AZ

2)Why do you want to leave = The heat is killing me, it's a desert and i hate deserts, the jobs are fewer here and they're not very good and everything is too expensive.

3)Where In Colorado and Why = Anywhere that has low crime, fair jobs, fair rents, and a decent winter season.

4)2nd and 3rd Place States = Maryland or Maine.

5)What’s currently holding you back from moving = The lack of finances.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = there are billions of things you don't know, so what's the point of that question? Arizona is a state that's not worth living in.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:58 PM

3 posts, read 4,059 times
brooklyn,newyork tired of all the nonsense shootings of young children not able to allow children to play and want better schools. the north west area of colardo because i have my eye on a property in that area that is affordable. not interested in other states. finances;and lack their of. it is to the point that i just want to pick up my children and leave. i really need a fresh start to better my kids lives and my future.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,790 times
Default i also live in NE wisconsin and want to move to colorado.

I currently live in wisco and have wanted to move to colorado for a while. i love to season change and that there's alot to do in every season but I belong in the mountains. Im not quite sure where to move to though. I visited Denver a while ago and it left a great impression on me. I work in the medical field as a surgical assistant for oral surgeons and am also a massage therapist. So I quess im just asking to get some infor bout where to move and what areas have the best job availability but have a decent distance from the mountains/parks and are close to a good city?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. View Post
1. St. Thomas, Virgin Islands

2. Husband can't stand it here, too hot/humid, can't acclimate to the different culture/way of life, etc...

3. Denver, because that's where the jobs in my field are

4. No other states in mind, actually moving in March

5. Nothing holding us back

6. Also have a sister in Breckenridge, so that helped slightly with our decision to move to Colorado, always nice to have family close by. The rest of the family is in WI and can't see ever wanting to move back to NE WI.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,790 times
1) Current City and State = Lake geneva WI

2) Why do you want to leave = Always wanted to live near the mountains and have been to co but not recently. Denver left and impression though. Im tired of this area it really doesnt fit me although i love to season changes cuz there's always something to do no matter what season it is. I love to be outdoors and find it hard sometimes in our harsh winters to be locked up. I heard that there's 300+ days of sunshine plus you have all the outdoor you could want.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Not sure. Heard that springs is nice because it's close to the city yet your not to far from the mountains. Im young and want to be near both. City for the nightlife and mountains cuz Im an outdoor junkie. need some help on this one

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = arizona and ?

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = I currently own a home which im trying to sell. Too much maintance and too much $. I want to rent in co a townhome or condo. Also the economy. I work as a surgical assistant for oral surgeons and would be looking in that field or a massage therapist.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Was reading some things on the threads about the weather and jobs and renting etc. and just am looking for as much infor as i can get. I obviously have to wait until my house sells. So to sum it up my boy and I love the outdoors, want to rent near a city thats also close to the mountains/parks, not looking for anything expensive probably in the $1000 or below renting range and are looking to be around nature and open minded people. Does this place exist?

Old 09-25-2010, 09:54 PM

7 posts, read 15,548 times
1) Current City and State = Irvine, CA
2) Why do you want to leave = Crazy cost of living, too crowded, illegal alien problem, I'm a minority in my own town now.
3) Where In Colorado and Why = Parker. There is a good mix of open space as well as City spaces, friendly people, beautiful surroundings, lower cost of living.
4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Vancouver, Washington; Nashville, TN
5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Selling my house
6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Lived in Michigan for 1 year as a child and HATED it. I have avoided snowy climates ever since, but I am told that Colorado winters are sunny and cheerful and relatively mild...so I'm really hopeful we will love it! I think Colorado is probably the best State in the West, and I love the nice people there.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:55 PM

21 posts, read 88,303 times
Default Ready to Move not now but RIGHT NOW.

1) Current City and State = Birmingham, Alabama

2) Why do you want to leave = Too much negativity, Not much of a season difference, Highway system sucks, people here are not very open to activities or open minded period.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Near Fountain, Denver or Boulder. Everything looks relaxed and colorful, starting over, no family or friends that i know lives there.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Not really interested anywhere else.

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Been planning this for 2 years and now trying to execute my plan to get there by Feburary 2011. Paid off all my debts, my awd truck is paid off, just working on getting a tow trailer and a roof rack to haul my things...Once I move forward, I'm not looking back.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Never have visited Colorado but have lived in both Hawaii and Connecticut they both are nice places but its just something that attracts me to move to Co permantely.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:00 AM

20 posts, read 122,548 times
KEEP IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT!!

1) Current City and State = Oklahoma City, OK

2) Why do you want to leave = Oklahoma fatigue & career change

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Somewhere along I-25 between Ft Collins & Denver. Jobs & quality of living.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = North Dakota, Nebraska

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Jobs & economy, what I love about OK, preparations yet to be made. I don't have any debt, but I do have to purge myself of alot of useless crap, find a job and sell the house.

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Moved to OK from OH 10 years ago. I like OK much better than OH, but I have felt increasingly like the things I don't like are out-weighing what I like. And I'm definitely not moving back to OH.

Last edited by 2112; 09-26-2010 at 10:24 AM..

Old 09-29-2010, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 4,254 times
1) Current City and State = Cincinnati,Oh

2) Why do you want to leave = Dont like the East, too hot, no mountains, humidity.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Anywhere the slopes are perfect, im still searching. Colorado is amazing.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Utah and Oregon

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Need to save up abot 5 grand

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = Im 18 and a snowboarder looking to move next sept. And want a Roomate. If you want to move and Room. Send me an email davegardnersnowboarding@yahoo.com

Old 09-30-2010, 08:53 AM

56 posts, read 131,403 times
1) Current City and State = Goodyear/Phoenix AZ

2) Why do you want to leave = I need trees, mountains and water and want to be closer to family. Husband is going to be traveling between 5 states for work and we are choosing one of those to live in.

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Co Springs, seems like it will fit our family perfect and its close to a major airport. Great schools! Beautiful outdoors!

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Idaho and Utah (I'd move back to Oregon if I could)

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = waiting for our lease to be up and school to get out

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? = originally from Washington and Oregon, moved to az for work 2 yrs ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado