Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 03:00 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times

Advertisements

Training on search is covered in one of the pages in the FAQ forum.

The search tool is easy to self-learn, just play with it and note how you can screen just thread titles vs entire contents; how you can specify info from just one specific user or from all users; how you can search for latest posting or most relevant postings, etc. Easy stuff.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 10:35 AM

401 posts, read 855,526 times
Thanks for the info guys.

By the way, how is the weather in Denver area now?
Are ya'll expecting a colder than normal winter?

LaFrench

Old 09-30-2009, 10:42 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Like everywhere else in the northern hemisphere, we just started the 2nd week of fall. Winter does not officially begin until approx December 21st. Now, that doesn't mean the weather won't be winter-like before then. I heard one local ( Grand Junction ) weather report saying there is a 20% chance of snow flurries in Grand Junction tonite.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Cosmic is right. I doubt we are gonna get it, BUT........

We had big time winds this morning! That system will hit Denver tonight and they ARE calling for 3 to 6 inches of snow out of this system in the mountains!

Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM

401 posts, read 855,526 times
WOW!!! I cannot wait until I can get our family over there.
The normal scenery is beautiful... add some snow and it is a winter wonderland.
I know some are saying... wait until you live in the snow and then say that again.

How is the normal fall weather of the Denver area?

Coming from Louisiana and Florida where all we experience are the three H's:
heat, humidity, and hurricanes.
Been through Katrina and do not want to go through another one like that again.

Just patiently waiting for the real-estate market to climb so we can get what we paid for the house in FL and we will be in the good-old west. Cannot wait to experience the true four seasons.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:09 AM

4 posts, read 5,187 times
This is my first post to these forums. I've found a lot of great info on this thread. I'm hoping to get a few suggestions based on what I'm looking for.

I'm a native Floridian living in Palm Beach County. I'm planning a move to Colorado next summer and I'm hoping for a few suggestions. After over 37 years in the heat and humidity, I've decided I really need a change. I've visited Denver and Vail, but I'm trying to decide what area will suit my needs.
I'm a single male in my late 30s. I work as a personal trainer so I'd like to live someplace where that type of business can flourish. It has become way too seasonal in S. FLorida these days and if I have to endure another slow, blazing hot, humid summer followed by the annual winter invasion from the northeast (NY, NJ, MA) I just might snap :-)

I'd like to be someplace where I can work as a trainer full time and year round. I don't have any kids so family neighborhoods and schools aren't important to me. Somwhere with friendly folks, but not too overcrowded. Would like to be near the mountains. Looking forward to finding a place with more of a 4 seasons climate. I'm looking to rent for now. So a nice rental area is important as well. Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:17 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravPT View Post
It has become way too seasonal in S. FLorida these days and if I have to endure another slow, blazing hot, humid summer followed by the annual winter invasion from the northeast (NY, NJ, MA) I just might snap :-)
You;ll definitely be able to relax out here. Colorado's got a real laid-back culture.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
TravPT wrote:
It has become way too seasonal in S. FLorida these days and if I have to endure another slow, blazing hot, humid summer followed by the annual winter invasion from the northeast (NY, NJ, MA) I just might snap :-)
You forgot about the winter invaders from IL, MI, OH, QUE, & ONT!

Old 10-08-2009, 03:06 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravPT View Post
This is my first post to these forums. I've found a lot of great info on this thread. I'm hoping to get a few suggestions based on what I'm looking for.

I'm a native Floridian living in Palm Beach County. I'm planning a move to Colorado next summer and I'm hoping for a few suggestions. After over 37 years in the heat and humidity, I've decided I really need a change. I've visited Denver and Vail, but I'm trying to decide what area will suit my needs.
I'm a single male in my late 30s. I work as a personal trainer so I'd like to live someplace where that type of business can flourish. It has become way too seasonal in S. FLorida these days and if I have to endure another slow, blazing hot, humid summer followed by the annual winter invasion from the northeast (NY, NJ, MA) I just might snap :-)

I'd like to be someplace where I can work as a trainer full time and year round. I don't have any kids so family neighborhoods and schools aren't important to me. Somwhere with friendly folks, but not too overcrowded. Would like to be near the mountains. Looking forward to finding a place with more of a 4 seasons climate. I'm looking to rent for now. So a nice rental area is important as well. Thanks in advance for any input.
Well I would advise not coming to Vail but try Denver instead.

I have a friend that is a personal trainer in Vail and because personal trainers are a dime a dozen up here it is a tough business to be in. Not to mention the fact that Vail is seasonal and is quiet for several months of the year. It's definitely not something you would be able to count on as a regular business or income.

I was in the village today and could probably count the # of people there on one hand.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:15 PM

4 posts, read 5,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well I would advise not coming to Vail but try Denver instead.

I have a friend that is a personal trainer in Vail and because personal trainers are a dime a dozen up here it is a tough business to be in. Not to mention the fact that Vail is seasonal and is quiet for several months of the year. It's definitely not something you would be able to count on as a regular business or income.

I was in the village today and could probably count the # of people there on one hand.

Yeah, I wasn't really planning to move near Vail. I went there a couple of years ago on vacation. I can definitely see how seasonal it is and that's the last thing I want. Our summer in Florida can be very slow. My business triples from Dec. to May compared to the summer months.
I just can't take the heat and humidity anymore. We have record heat here today. Nothing like 93 degrees and humid in October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado