Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 04:14 PM

4 posts, read 7,639 times

Advertisements

Greetings all, I'm new here and have searched the forums but have found vague answers regarding Pueblo. A lot of stats on crime and that's about it. My wife and I have found fantastic deals on properties down there. We currently live in Denver and are looking to leave the craziness of this city. We have friends down there and they live in the 81005 zipcode we were looking around the 81004 zipcode as well as their are too. Are these decent areas and what's with the east side of Pueblo, we were told it's a war zone over there, is it? Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
If the east side is also known as "Bessemer" then yes, consensus is to avoid it. See this recent thread.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 PM

299 posts, read 903,621 times
The east side and Bessemer are two different neighborhoods, but they both have their fair share of problems.

I have lived on the east side for 22+years. Over the last 3 or 4 years, the area has started to get very bad. The biggest problem with the east side is the gang problem. Almost all of the crime that takes place on the east side is gang-related.

The east side does have some good neighborhoods, areas north of 12th and 13th street seem to be the best. The area between 12th and 4th street is ok (This is where I live), and everything south of 4th street is pretty much garbage.

The 81004 ZIP code has some good areas and some bad ones. I highly suggest that you stay away from the areas around Lake Minnequa and Northern Avenue, as this is a very rough area. Areas near Pueblo Community College and City Park, however, are areas that I consider to be very nice.

The 81005 ZIP code is very good, but very expensive.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:00 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrome1972 View Post
We currently live in Denver and are looking to leave the craziness of this city.

Please explain.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:05 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,780,716 times
Pueblo has been a rough-and-tumble city for many decades (1950s).

Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 PM

4 posts, read 7,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Please explain.
We Manage the Marco Polo Apartments on 14th and Fillmore, and I for one am tired of the Colfax trash using my parking lot as a place to shoot up....or smoke their crack or meth. So that is what I mean by craziness. That and everyone walks around here like we owe them something. The other day a resident walked by and I said "Hi...", she looked at me like I owed her child support or something. So yeah, Denver, is lame. If you like to Drink or Smoke weed, by all means come live in Denver, but for my money.......this is not the be all and end all of my world.....c-ya Denver.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:43 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Pueblo has been a rough-and-tumble city for many decades (1950s).
That is a joke. I have lived in Pueblo all my life and never once been in a fight. Sure, like any city, Pueblo has issues, just look at downtown Colroado Springs on a weekend, but you can't make generalizations like this.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,290,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
That is a joke. I have lived in Pueblo all my life and never once been in a fight. Sure, like any city, Pueblo has issues, just look at downtown Colroado Springs on a weekend, but you can't make generalizations like this.
Really...you can't?? Then why do you repeatedly do your level best (which admittedly isn't very good at all) to make those same sorts of generalizations in these forums about other places and their people, most notably Colorado Springs?

To the OP...just remember that you generally get what you pay for.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,669,721 times
khrome1972, I can't believe that you are judging all of Denver by what you experience at 14th and Filmore. There are many, many lovely neighborhoods in the city and the surrounding neighborhoods. I've never known the "Denver" that you describe. I don't know much about Pueblo, but it seems like you'd find lots of great places to live right here without moving that far away.

I bet some of the realtors on this forum could recommend some decent neighborhoods in your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado