Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:29 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agopinath View Post
jviello

Can you let us know how can put back into society? I think we are also contributing to the economy by living here. I invest in stocks, i donate to charity, give food to shelters etc. I have seein my other indian friends also doing this. And i know there are people who dont do this. I think it depends on each person.

Regarding saving money, if you go to india also you can see people doing that....in india, parents save money for kids as they support kids till they get a job. I lived with my mom till i got married and she supportmed me till i got the job. So that "hording cash" is coming from that kind of a scenario.
Maybe there is just a serious disconnect in our conversation because you are not hearing anything I'm saying here...or at least understanding the words properly. Saving is not hoarding.

People who hoard 75% of their earnings, live 5 people to a one bedroom apartment, don't use local services, don't get involved in community/schools/organizations, don't frequent any local establishments, don't socialize, only keep themselves and their kind, share a used car that never gets serviced and just run into the ground between 4 people and then take that 75% of salary and go back to India are NOT contributing to our society. I'm not sure what part of that is not clear.

Again, no one said anything about saving money. No one said ALL people do these things. No one said by doing the things you are doing is NOT contributing to society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agopinath View Post
Jviello, i am not trying to justify anyting here.. Just want to say that each culture is different and I do agree to what you said about us negotating for everything )) couldnt help smiling when i read what you wrote about you did cleaning om those apartments )))
There is a big difference between negotiating and being an outright, smug, arrogant insulting *sshole.

When I waste time and resources to book an appointment, block time out of schedule, haul a rig 20 miles and get to the house fall within $20 of the phone estimate and are asked to do the job for half price that's not negotiating. I told you what the cost would be over the phone give or take $20. That does not mean I'll get there and lose money just for the privilege of serving your royal family.

Nevermind the fact that the person I spoke to on the phone is late getting there so for 20 minutes I have someone (Father I assume) that has the emotions of a cyborg just wiggling his head back and forth like a bobble head to everything I say staring at me trying to figure out why I'm there.

This was a real scenario, I ultimately looked the person in the face and said "I decline the job. Goodbye" and walked out. "I don't understand, blah blah blah". I don't care, enough is enough. If I'm going to lose money, I might as well not work myself to death doing it.

It's like dealing with someone from a third world country who has no concept of time, money, resources, manners or a modern 1st world culture and no desire too. Oh wait.

I'm sure someone will say that *I* am the problem here as well. Cause you know, Americans have no right to stand up for their borders, language or culture.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 AM

ROFL

‪Jew vs Indian, Why Chinese can't do business with Indian. Russell Peters‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
[quote=JViello;20351696]ROFL

‪Jew vs Indian, Why Chinese can't do business with Indian. Russell Peters‬‏ - YouTube

[/QUOTE

Frigging !hilarious...

Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 AM

17 posts, read 26,438 times
Quote:
It's like dealing with someone from a third world country who has no concept of time, money, resources, manners or a modern 1st world culture and no desire too. Oh wait.

Quote:
Cause you know, Americans have no right to stand up for their borders, language or culture.
Define exactly what an American is. Is it a particular race, ethnicity? Is an "American" someone who can be described under a singular race or religion and have it be applied to over 50% of the population? Moreover, did all the settlers have the same cultures?

hmm.Certainly India had rights to stand up for their border, language, or culture when the British invaded.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigenvalue View Post

Define exactly what an American is. Is it a particular race, ethnicity? Is an "American" someone who can be described under a singular race or religion and have it be applied to over 50% of the population? Moreover, did all the settlers have the same cultures?

hmm.Certainly India had rights to stand up for their border, language, or culture when the British invaded.
Seriously? A legal citizen.

And yes India did have a right to fight for their country. In fact I find it interesting that the "invasion" first came through commerce. Hmmm...

Old 08-08-2011, 11:35 AM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Anyone who is contesting what JV is saying, I found this post in the C-D forum of another country rather interesting:
Quote:
I'm about to move over to the US, and yeah, this financial crisis has got me a bit nervous. I have a job which I consider pretty stable, and having sold my house here I have a decent amount of liquidity now. I plan to keep the bulk of my funds spread around Oz and NZ and use an account in the US just for day to day living.
This is terrible for the U.S. economy.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Maybe there is just a serious disconnect in our conversation because you are not hearing anything I'm saying here...or at least understanding the words properly. Saving is not hoarding.

People who hoard 75% of their earnings, live 5 people to a one bedroom apartment, don't use local services, don't get involved in community/schools/organizations, don't frequent any local establishments, don't socialize, only keep themselves and their kind, share a used car that never gets serviced and just run into the ground between 4 people and then take that 75% of salary and go back to India are NOT contributing to our society. I'm not sure what part of that is not clear.

Again, no one said anything about saving money. No one said ALL people do these things. No one said by doing the things you are doing is NOT contributing to society.

There is a big difference between negotiating and being an outright, smug, arrogant insulting *sshole.

When I waste time and resources to book an appointment, block time out of schedule, haul a rig 20 miles and get to the house fall within $20 of the phone estimate and are asked to do the job for half price that's not negotiating. I told you what the cost would be over the phone give or take $20. That does not mean I'll get there and lose money just for the privilege of serving your royal family.

Nevermind the fact that the person I spoke to on the phone is late getting there so for 20 minutes I have someone (Father I assume) that has the emotions of a cyborg just wiggling his head back and forth like a bobble head to everything I say staring at me trying to figure out why I'm there.

This was a real scenario, I ultimately looked the person in the face and said "I decline the job. Goodbye" and walked out. "I don't understand, blah blah blah". I don't care, enough is enough. If I'm going to lose money, I might as well not work myself to death doing it.

I'm sure someone will say that *I* am the problem here as well. Cause you know, Americans have no right to stand up for their borders, language or culture.
Really, so calling someone who comes from a third world nation to make this place his "home" to be incapable of learning the local concepts of manners, time and money and the fact that he/she forever continue to be painted with the broad brush of a local bigot calling him incapable of learning concepts of time, money, resources, manners etc etc is very American and first world I suppose. Statistics prove otherwise, Asian kids including Indian kids are the front runners and valedictorians in fields like Engineering, medicine, law and business making them the leaders and businessmen we might need tomorrow to run this nation and sustain it's edge competing with nations like China and India, the same "third" world immigrants that you so HATE(it's apparent that you are jealous of them and hate them for coming here).

Also, regarding the issue you have had with a particular customer, you should perhaps refuse to serve clients of a particular ethnicity or "third world" as you insult them, I am pretty sure there are a lot of other companies that would be more than willing to take your place, and they might even do that with a smile and a speck of courtesy that you so lack(perhaps an aspect of American culture too in your opinion). And talking about manners, I come from a "third world" culture where we wouldn't go around insulting people that are older than us, unlike your "first world" manners where you insult an old father of a customer calling him a cyborg and a bobblehead, hey but what do I know, that's perhaps part of your wonderful American culture ehhh.

I guess your concept of spending money here involves going to a bar, getting drunk and getting into a fight over a game of football, too bad a lot of the "third world" people here don't get into similar stuff, they are perhaps busy doing something more productive in their lives and learning some skill instead of being a welfare collecting, beer guzzling parasite on this society, I agree, that's very third world, behaving like a jerk in a bar is very very first world indeed.

P.S.: I have been to a few restaurants where there 's a definite lack of service, sometimes based on the color of the person that comes inside, although it's not explicit it's not hard to see through it, that however never made me go on a record and slight the whole American service industry as being bigoted courtesy of my "third world" manners, guess this poster's "First world" manners don't work the same way.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM

3 posts, read 6,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Anyone who is contesting what JV is saying, I found this post in the C-D forum of another country rather interesting:This is terrible for the U.S. economy.
Yeah but then even if they spend the money here, people like the genius JV would still find fault with them since they don't subscribe to his viewpoints about the kind of lifestyle they should be leading, little wonder that most of them are ticked off from spending money availing services of such hateful bigoted creatures.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxo123 View Post
Really, so calling someone who comes from a third world nation to make this place his "home" to be incapable of learning the local concepts of manners, time and money and the fact that he/she forever continue to be painted with the broad brush of a local bigot calling him incapable of learning concepts of time, money, resources, manners etc etc is very American and first world I suppose. Statistics prove otherwise, Asian kids including Indian kids are the front runners and valedictorians in fields like Engineering, medicine, law and business making them the leaders and businessmen we might need tomorrow to run this nation and sustain it's edge competing with nations like China and India, the same "third" world immigrants that you so HATE(it's apparent that you are jealous of them and hate them for coming here).

Also, regarding the issue you have had with a particular customer, you should perhaps refuse to serve clients of a particular ethnicity or "third world" as you insult them, I am pretty sure there are a lot of other companies that would be more than willing to take your place, and they might even do that with a smile and a speck of courtesy that you so lack(perhaps an aspect of American culture too in your opinion). And talking about manners, I come from a "third world" culture where we wouldn't go around insulting people that are older than us, unlike your "first world" manners where you insult an old father of a customer calling him a cyborg and a bobblehead, hey but what do I know, that's perhaps part of your wonderful American culture ehhh.

I guess your concept of spending money here involves going to a bar, getting drunk and getting into a fight over a game of football, too bad a lot of the "third world" people here don't get into similar stuff, they are perhaps busy doing something more productive in their lives and learning some skill instead of being a welfare collecting, beer guzzling parasite on this society, I agree, that's very third world, behaving like a jerk in a bar is very very first world indeed.

P.S.: I have been to a few restaurants where there 's a definite lack of service, sometimes based on the color of the person that comes inside, although it's not explicit it's not hard to see through it, that however never made me go on a record and slight the whole American service industry as being bigoted courtesy of my "third world" manners, guess this poster's "First world" manners don't work the same way.
Conversely, why don't you try admitting that a bulk of our guys have a mindset problem when it comes to bargaining and saving money even if it means they won't mind picking up the nickel which they accidentally dropped into a pile of cowdung

Old 08-31-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Really, so calling someone who comes from a third world nation to make this place his "home" to be incapable of learning the local concepts of manners, time and money and the fact that he/she forever continue to be painted with the broad brush of a local bigot calling him incapable of learning concepts of time, money, resources, manners etc etc is very American and first world I suppose.
You obviously can't read and/or didn't take the time to read. If you are so blind to think there are not two classes of people who immigrate here, you sir are lying to yourself. Furthermore, what you highlighted in bold you may wish to read again. (Apparently you were not one of those valedictorians.) I was speaking about that one particular family, and moreover said that they have no interest in acclimating. Just taking the money and running.

Quote:
Yeah but then even if they spend the money here, people like the genius JV would still find fault with them since they don't subscribe to his viewpoints about the kind of lifestyle they should be leading, little wonder that most of them are ticked off from spending money availing services of such hateful bigoted creatures.
Yes you nailed it spot on. Yep, you are a wily one. I guess I'll have to call my Indian friends and business acquaintances and tell them to bugger off.

Pretty presumptuous on your part, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Conversely, why don't you try admitting that a bulk of our guys have a mindset problem when it comes to bargaining and saving money even if it means they won't mind picking up the nickel which they accidentally dropped into a pile of cowdung
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut