Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2023, 11:44 PM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It’s not the approvals that are preventing buildings from going up higher. It’s the cost to build high rises. Building under six stories can be built with conventional wood frame construction which is the cheapest option. Once you go higher you most certainly have to go with steel and/or concrete frame construction and the prices soar. It gets less cost effective so the building has to big to recoup the added construction cost. Jay
5 over 1 is not only cheaper, but far faster to approve since it’s in the IBC.

https://youtu.be/mrxZqPVFTag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2023, 11:28 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
5 over 1 is not only cheaper, but far faster to approve since it’s in the IBC.

https://youtu.be/mrxZqPVFTag
You are talking Building Codes. I’m talking zoning approval. These are two separate things. Developers rarely propose buildings that do not conform to current building codes. That’s kind of a given. It’s interesting how the current Code came to be and why we see so many of these building now. Jay

Old 06-21-2023, 02:55 PM

I've often said Fair Haven is the next area to "pop", this part of Grand Ave is technically Wooster Square but very much a gateway to that area:

https://www.newhavenindependent.org/...es_controversy

Old 06-22-2023, 03:19 PM

Very ambitious project in Dixwell (which has a LOT of new development these days and has arguably been one of the most troubled areas in the past). Hopefully it pulls through.

https://www.newhavenindependent.org/...plaza_update_3

Old 06-22-2023, 07:09 PM

250 posts, read 138,822 times
Quote:
Very ambitious project in Dixwell (which has a LOT of new development these days and has arguably been one of the most troubled areas in the past). Hopefully it pulls through.

https://www.newhavenindependent.org/...plaza_update_3
What is CT's obsession with putting "healthcare clinics" everywhere? Who actually needs these things?

Old 06-22-2023, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbymeman View Post
What is CT's obsession with putting "healthcare clinics" everywhere? Who actually needs these things?
Why do you think that’s a CT thing?

They’re everywhere and they make a profit. Don’t forget the sheer number of Boomers needing care.

Old 06-23-2023, 05:30 AM

537 posts, read 331,104 times
Quote:
I would think lots of people who lack adequate health insurance would utilize these the most.

Old 06-23-2023, 05:38 AM

6,892 posts, read 3,738,611 times
Quote:
Canadians for one. Talk to them, you’ll see. Horror stories. They’d love to have more healthcare clinics and access around.
Thank your lucky stars for being a CT and northeast American. It might extend your life, or even save it one day.

Old 06-23-2023, 06:55 AM

158 posts, read 198,792 times
"What is CT's obsession with putting "healthcare clinics" everywhere? Who actually needs these things?"

Our country's non-profit Healthcare clinics are a godsend and part of the critical infrastructure for lower income/ working class neighborhoods. In New Haven, Fair Haven Health Center clinics and Cornell Scott Hill Health clinics serve as primary care facilities and provide a critical need for a variety of physical and mental health services.

Old 06-25-2023, 09:07 AM

4,453 posts, read 3,346,956 times
Quote:
Why do you think that’s a CT thing?

They’re everywhere and they make a profit. Don’t forget the sheer number of Boomers needing care.
My husband just retired (I am younger) and more medical problems are popping up that don't require the ER. It's just a fact of life. My husband is finding it's much harder to get a primary care appointment quickly, so he goes to the clinic. I take my mom who is in her late 80's there a lot too when I can't get her a appointment quickly.

We are lucky in the Yale New Haven area because they have very good clinics IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut