Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM

242 posts, read 299,316 times

Advertisements

When did they open the spa? The associate at the answer kiosk said that bridgeport dmv was a test bed for the four seasons. She explained they thought a spa would be a great leisure opportunity while waiting for your number to be called. "Would you like to try it?" "Sure " I say. She wisks me through a door behind her. The attendant inside asks me would I like the shiatsu massage or the hot oil riverstone massage . I choose the latter. After a very relaxing massage, a delicious lunch with fine cheeses, grapes, lobster and champage was served. At this point I was quite relaxed and just a bit sleepy. I nodded off for a bit. I hear a soft voice... D787... a bit louder d787... really loud and annoying D787. I was awake... it was a dream, now I'm back to the nightmare
Only a 3 1/2 hour wait to register a vehicle. But it was a really quick 3 1/2 hours. And the efficiency - they didn't have to open more than half of the service stations the entire time. Getting more done with less I actually did enjoy the hot dog from the lady with the cart outside. Maybe duchess should ask her who is her supplier Well I guess my rant is over I gotta go spit out a grapeseed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Well, you should have read this thread before you went!

Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM

242 posts, read 299,316 times
Actually I don't mind Norwalk. But I think they are closed today and tomorrow. I bought this truck from the city of Milford- I had to " get er done" and get it registered asap.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisluvs View Post
Actually I don't mind Norwalk. But I think they are closed today and tomorrow. I bought this truck from the city of Milford- I had to " get er done" and get it registered asap.
I think the key thing to remember is: Never, EVER, waste your time with the Bridgeport DMV. Go to another office, even if it's 40 miles away. It seems like ever since that driver's license scandal in the Bridgeport DMV, the place is permanently gridlocked.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 PM

83,524 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisluvs View Post
I nodded off for a bit. I hear a soft voice... D787... a bit louder d787... really loud and annoying D787. I was awake... it was a dream, now I'm back to the nightmare
Only a 3 1/2 hour wait to register a vehicle. But it was a really quick 3 1/2 hours.
LMAO!! Great story all together.

I guess each person has a different experience. I took 13 minutes to renew license and maybe 30 minutes to register a car. Its all about timing I guess. At least you were able to ...eat cheese and grapes?

Edit: Nevermind, I had gone to Norwalk, DMV not Bridgeport.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:48 PM

91 posts, read 171,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I think the key thing to remember is: Never, EVER, waste your time with the Bridgeport DMV. Go to another office, even if it's 40 miles away. It seems like ever since that driver's license scandal in the Bridgeport DMV, the place is permanently gridlocked.
Could not have said it any better myself. 2 of my favorites are Waterbury (SUPER nice clerks) and Old Saybrook (Classy clientele) and NOWHERE near the wait of that inefficient waste of of landfill space called Bridgport DMV!
Marc

Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 PM

21,764 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Bridgeport and Norwalk are both terrible. I do smaller things in Milford (in/out super quick) and everything else in Danbury.

Going right before closing helps a lot.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:10 PM

453 posts, read 1,536,128 times
When I switched my license from NY to CT, I went like 45 minutes before closing on a Friday. I was in and out in 30 minutes, start to finish. I guess I hit a pocket. I was 2nd in line for the first desk, filled out the form, handed it back to the lady, got my number, sat down and then was almost immediately called.

DH went to change his license and reregister both our vehicles. He was there all day, and then had to go back after he got the emissions test on one of the cars. He thought that he'd be in and out like I was. I guess I had the atypical experience

Old 03-16-2012, 07:24 AM

209 posts, read 608,105 times
I am quite fond of the Old Saybrook DMV. Now I know if you are in fairfield county this seems far but going to the DMV in bridgeport is pretty horrible IMO. I found the DMV in Old Saybrook quite pleasurable. Very small and seemed to be run by soccer moms. Everyone was very pleasant and it was a fast experience not to mention the nide ride up here and back. I'd do it again.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Sometimes just finding a parking spot at the Bridgeport DMV requires a wait. At that point you know you are doomed and should just come back another day, or try a different DMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut