Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM

576 posts, read 1,218,697 times

Advertisements

Wow, this from a mom of one of the victims-

Becky takes a deep breath on Wednesday in the funeral home and says, “Okay, the best day of my life started on Sunday morning when my son came to me in a vision. He came to tell me to explain to my husband that the scope of this event was so large and that there were so many people around the country and the world we were touching. I felt that my son was here in this vision to tell me that the not-for-profit scholarship organization that we are starting in Chase’s honor will save lives, change building codes, demand gun and ammunition control, and that in Chase’s name I would like to bring God back to America. These are the first starting goals of the organization.”

Two days after Sandy Hook tragedy, a bereft mother has 'best day of my life': Her 7-year-old son visited her in a vision, she says - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 10:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I respectfully, yet fully, disagree. I say that because right now I am vacationing where I grew up, in Milford, and I still vividly recall the 11 am Friday phone call from our Admin Assistant in Tn. I had heard at that point one child was dead, as I was in a fast food restaurant, just barely, sporadically hearing WEBE 108. Ironically, she heard the grim reports faster than I, and updated me.

The raw emotion in her voice from Tn was beyond anything I have heard from her over the 8 years I have known her, and we are very good friends. Had I not known she was also concerned for my safety (not knowing how far away Newtown was), I would have suspected someone close at work had died.

Also is the vital word there-most of her emotion was simply this unimaginable horror. Where it happened was of no consequence for America's reaction.

This happened in Ct physically, but emotionally, this happened all around America. .
Other than 9/11, I recall no recognition of events in other states in Tn prior to this.Belmont University is located in Nashville, Tn.

Last edited by JayCT; 12-23-2012 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Deleted possible problem link

Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 AM

576 posts, read 1,218,697 times
Family: Newtown boy's favorite teacher died cradling him in her arms - U.S. News

wow

Old 12-22-2012, 11:13 AM

453 posts, read 1,535,778 times
I still haven't been able to really come to grips with this. Such an unbelievable tragedy. I keep staring at those 20 little angel faces and their 6 teachers and my heart just aches. As a mother, I can't even imagine the pain these families are experiencing and I can't stop the tears from flowing.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:54 PM

33 posts, read 45,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottercutie View Post
I still haven't been able to really come to grips with this. Such an unbelievable tragedy. I keep staring at those 20 little angel faces and their 6 teachers and my heart just aches. As a mother, I can't even imagine the pain these families are experiencing and I can't stop the tears from flowing.
I'm having similar issues. It's so difficult to get back to normal.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortRyan View Post
I'm having similar issues. It's so difficult to get back to normal.
It is; I was born in Ct, moved about 15 years ago, and happened to come back for the holidays 3 days before Sandy Hook. Truthfully, I'd be better off working right now. This is the unimaginable horror scene, except it really happened.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:27 PM

802 posts, read 1,681,976 times
Quote:
The moderator might want to merge this, but I wanted to create a thread for the regulars here.

How are you? I've only lived here a short time and I'm doing okay, but my heart is still broken. Have you visited Newtown? Have you sought counseling? Did you light a candle?

My method is kindness. I paid for an elderly man's gas Monday. Tuesday I brought cupcakes and pudding to the nursing home nearby. Wednesday I brought clothes, blankets and a pot of soup to the homeless shelter. Thursday I paid for someone's sandbox on layaway. Today, I paused at 9:30, and am heading to the diner with 50 $5 Dunkin Donut gift cards and will place them on car windshields. Hope the wind stops!

This makes me feel a little better.

How are you all doing?
wow that's awesome. I work at kmart and someone came in and wanted to put $50 towards another person's layaway. Personally, it felt weird for me to arbitrarily pick who got the 50 dollars. I was walking around and decided to pick a contract that had a lot of toys meant for Christmas. Nonetheless, people like you are unbelievably generous.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 AM

33 posts, read 45,401 times
Has anyone visited the memorial? I heard its amazing but I do not want to feel like I'm visiting a tourist destination.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:20 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Has anyone visited the memorial? I heard its amazing but I do not want to feel like I'm visiting a tourist destination.
I drove through since it's on the way home from my parents' house. It is pretty massive, I didn't expect so much stuff. Also the town has huge spotlights on that part of Sandy Hook. The kind they use for road work. Probably for safety. There were also cops EVERYWHERE, some from other towns. It looked like the road to the school was blocked off. This was Friday night.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 AM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I drove through since it's on the way home from my parents' house. It is pretty massive, I didn't expect so much stuff. Also the town has huge spotlights on that part of Sandy Hook. The kind they use for road work. Probably for safety. There were also cops EVERYWHERE, some from other towns. It looked like the road to the school was blocked off. This was Friday night.
I went yesterday since we were shopping in Danbury. The traffic into and out of Sandy Hook on Church Hill was unbelievable. DW and I grabbed lunch at Blue Colony and walked down. The memorial is massive and you can walk up to the entrance to the school where there is even more. It is so touching but sad at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut