Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2020, 03:51 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,349,947 times

Advertisements

Let's hope this info holds up for our state and Thank God for it as of right now. I am pretty close to turning into a Buddhist at this point but I say "PRAISE THE LORD" at this information so far.

This is what I am talking about and this is my entire point.

States with the Biggest Increases in Unemployment Due to Coronavirus since the start of the crisis (article dated May 7th)

Top 10
1 Georgia (most affected)
2 New Hampshire
3 Kentucky
4 Louisiana
5 Florida (and they are backlogged so only God knows right now how bad unemployment is)
6 North Carolina
7 Virginia
8 Indiana
9 South Dakota
10 Michigan

40 New York
41 New Jersey
42 Arizona
43 Illinois
44 Vermont
45 California
46 Wisconsin
47 Wyoming
48 Alaska
49 Oregon
50 Connecticut (least affected)....YEAH! I think everyone is accounted for or pretty close in regards to people on employment. The Independent Contractors were the last to get unemployment and they are now getting it as of May 1)

We are 50 because I disregarded DC in the count.
Economic Climate in CT-unemployment1.jpg

I ask you.....would you rather be in Georgia or Connecticut.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:05 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,266 times
CT is far behind at DOL

Old 05-13-2020, 12:24 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
CT is far behind at DOL

40 years behind by using COBOL

Old 05-13-2020, 04:51 AM

2,001 posts, read 1,865,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Let's hope this info holds up for our state and Thank God for it as of right now. I am pretty close to turning into a Buddhist at this point but I say "PRAISE THE LORD" at this information so far.

This is what I am talking about and this is my entire point.

States with the Biggest Increases in Unemployment Due to Coronavirus since the start of the crisis (article dated May 7th)

Top 10
1 Georgia (most affected)
2 New Hampshire
3 Kentucky
4 Louisiana
5 Florida (and they are backlogged so only God knows right now how bad unemployment is)
6 North Carolina
7 Virginia
8 Indiana
9 South Dakota
10 Michigan

40 New York
41 New Jersey
42 Arizona
43 Illinois
44 Vermont
45 California
46 Wisconsin
47 Wyoming
48 Alaska
49 Oregon
50 Connecticut (least affected)....YEAH! I think everyone is accounted for or pretty close in regards to people on employment. The Independent Contractors were the last to get unemployment and they are now getting it as of May 1)

We are 50 because I disregarded DC in the count.
Attachment 220433

I ask you.....would you rather be in Georgia or Connecticut.
I am not bashing your post if you might think i am but a family member in the Hartford area job actually cut her pay. She has a high earning salary and it was an overall decision so people could stay at work. I tried to look into it and not finding much information which means their is alot of funny business going on behind close doors. This is everystate and not just ct but these people that took paycuts making top dollar are not being counted as unemployment when they should. No matter what your salary is but if you have to take a 25% pay cut, that is a big cut especially if you have a lifestyle that supports the higher pay.

https://www.postguam.com/news/local/...159ec0e81.html

Thats really all i could find but its happening everywhere and its not being shown in the numbers when it should.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:41 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
I am not bashing your post if you might think i am but a family member in the Hartford area job actually cut her pay. She has a high earning salary and it was an overall decision so people could stay at work. I tried to look into it and not finding much information which means their is alot of funny business going on behind close doors. This is everystate and not just ct but these people that took paycuts making top dollar are not being counted as unemployment when they should. No matter what your salary is but if you have to take a 25% pay cut, that is a big cut especially if you have a lifestyle that supports the higher pay.

Thats really all i could find but its happening everywhere and its not being shown in the numbers when it should.
There have been a number of companies that have cut the pay of their employees in an effort to survive the shutdown. I disagree that these people should be counted as unemployed. They have jobs and receive paychecks, most likely more than what they would receive on unemployment. It’s just not as much as they normally have received. I would assume this is temporary so I don’t think this should be counted. Jay

https://www.hrdive.com/news/pay-cuts...panies/576583/

Old 05-13-2020, 11:14 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,349,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post

There is so much news right not it is hard to remember everything.

I could have sworn I saw something about Governor Lamont and the unions coming to an agreement so I am assuming that he was talking about state employees. Does your family member work for the state?

This is hard times for everyone all around.

"She has a high earning salary"

You know what........there are many people with low salary jobs (that were not able to save money who were barely surviving) that have lost their jobs. If you put things in perspective I would say 75% of a high paying job is not that bad.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:06 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Connecticut Governor Says Days of Commuting to NYC May End

Those Monday through Friday commutes from Greenwich, Connecticut, to Wall Street may become a thing of the past.

Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont said the chief executives of some large companies have told him that telecommuting could help them save money by cutting office space by as much as 30%, signaling what may be a national shift by businesses. And with employees already stuck at home for weeks, they realize they can run just as well when they work at home.

About 43,000 people commuted to jobs in New York City in 2017 from Connecticut, whose wealthy communities are particularly attractive to Wall Street bankers

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

Old 05-13-2020, 04:31 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
There have been a number of companies that have cut the pay of their employees in an effort to survive the shutdown. I disagree that these people should be counted as unemployed. They have jobs and receive paychecks, most likely more than what they would receive on unemployment. It’s just not as much as they normally have received. I would assume this is temporary so I don’t think this should be counted. Jay

https://www.hrdive.com/news/pay-cuts...panies/576583/

If they received stimulus funds, this is illegal, as it bars corps from cutting jobs as well as pay rates.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:17 PM

712 posts, read 542,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Connecticut Governor Says Days of Commuting to NYC May End

Those Monday through Friday commutes from Greenwich, Connecticut, to Wall Street may become a thing of the past.

Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont said the chief executives of some large companies have told him that telecommuting could help them save money by cutting office space by as much as 30%, signaling what may be a national shift by businesses. And with employees already stuck at home for weeks, they realize they can run just as well when they work at home.

About 43,000 people commuted to jobs in New York City in 2017 from Connecticut, whose wealthy communities are particularly attractive to Wall Street bankers

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true
Same content, more readable text from yahoo finance:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/conne...183227412.html

Not surprising, old days of heavy commuting from fairfield county to NYC for jobs are over. Not sure how that will play out on CT economy and impacts on different counties of CT.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:21 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxzz View Post
Same content, more readable text from yahoo finance:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/conne...183227412.html

Not surprising, old days of heavy commuting from fairfield county to NYC for jobs are over. Not sure how that will play out on CT economy and impacts on different counties of CT.
Economic climate is going change in 2020s decade CT need to adapt with new strategies just like Uber change taxis game since 2014.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut