Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 09:42 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times

Advertisements

CBIA CT stats alarming

https://www.cbia.com/news/issues-pol...nt-automation/

Old 06-02-2017, 11:08 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,420,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Sure. As if billies won't figure out to sleep a couple more nights in Florida and avoid the shenanigans.

Typical BS liberal article. Blames the productive suburbs for not giving enough to Cities. Oh the poor, poor cities. They're just a victim of selfish and greedy towns!!!How people still buy this crap -- that's beyond the pale.

People don't fail to recognize. They recognize it o'right, but don't wanna use it. And I don't blame them.

LOL.
"Rep"....sorry my quota on repoint tou been maxed out for months now.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:34 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,179,613 times
Quote:
Sure. As if billies won't figure out to sleep a couple more nights in Florida and avoid the shenanigans.
Beat me to it.
A State hiring PEs to follow people around smarter than they are has to be one of the most asinine things I've ever heard of.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:39 AM

504 posts, read 384,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Great!!! More anti-business legislation. I guess Aetna leaving was not enough for the politicians to worry about more businesses leaving eventually.

Old 06-03-2017, 07:52 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
Great!!! More anti-business legislation. I guess Aetna leaving was not enough for the politicians to worry about more businesses leaving eventually.
True. Well we do have a politician named Looney.. How fitting (LOL).

Ct Dems HATE business. The more that close, the happier they are. Even if they won't admit it. Don't you know business is evil and must be driven out (sar)?

Old 06-03-2017, 07:55 AM

504 posts, read 384,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
True. Well we do have a politician named Looney.. How fitting (LOL).

Ct Dems HATE business. The more that close, the happier they are. Even if they won't admit me. Don't you know business is evil and must be driven out (sar)?
LOL!!!! Looney is the perfect adjective for this State!

Old 06-03-2017, 09:00 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,183,879 times
Quote:
Typical BS liberal article. Blames the productive suburbs for not giving enough to Cities. Oh the poor, poor cities. They're just a victim of selfish and greedy towns!!!How people still buy this crap -- that's beyond the pale.
You should actually read it, it's pretty scathing on CT's irrational business relations as well (which would tend to be blaming the Dems). But you're pretty much proving my point: the more affluent residents tend to use the cities to make their money and then wall off the wealth generated therein to the issues that the cities have. It's not them being greedy per se, it's a bug in the extreme home rule and a lack of regional vision and commitment that in a more global market what happens to your neighbouring municipalities, be it Avon or Hartford, matters. It's a matter of not wanting to invest in the future for short term parochial thinking, much like how a factory that doesn't reinvest in it's machines then complains when it breaks. Also, very convenient how you ignore the grand list issues: so only New Haven residents use the courthouses, universities, hospitals, and other tax exempt properties? Does Westport have to contend with having half of their land area being taken off the roles and the state not paying the agreed amount to alleviate the issue for decades?

But CT can do some things much better, as all the red tape machines in the State and Town governments are too silo-ed to be quick or effective. This hurts upstarts that might even consider looking at CT in general.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:04 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
If you think me "ignoring" a word is more sad than the excitement in your post that a company is STAYING here, I'm not the one who is part of the problem...

Aren't you getting tired of making excuses for this state Jay? I would be...
Aren't you tired of being so negative all of the time? Jay

Old 06-03-2017, 01:41 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,230,026 times
Honest question: when exactly did CT's downward spiral begin? It seems I've been living it so long that I no longer have an objective opinion and I just don't know... would people who have lived here their entire lives say it maybe started with the implementation of state income tax? If so, how did the state not only get by, but actually prosper, before the tax? I can tell you as someone who is not a native to CT and an outsider, that back in the day, CT almost held mythic status among the tri-state. It's sad that it has fallen from such grace... I know Lowell Weichert (sp? -- before I lived here, so don't really know) was governor when income tax was instituted. Thinking that was early '90s? Anyway, those were pretty atrocious economic times (esp in the Northeast, huge housing bust in late '80s if I remember correctly). So bad that I remember a main talking point at that time was that my generation (Gen X) would be the first in history who would not be as well off as their parents' generation. (Turned out to be horse s...t, btw ). Anyhow did Weichert (or whatever his name is) jump the gun in taking CT to such a drastic measure, or should we have just rode out that storm? If it was knee jerk, maybe in the end he should go down as CTs worst governor in the history of all time. Or maybe should share that distinction with Malloy.

Malloy should just resign at this point. He's an utter disaster and leaves a vast majority of us sick to our stomachs

Old 06-03-2017, 01:46 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,311,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix2791 View Post
LOL!!!! Looney is the perfect adjective for this State!
If he gets elected governor, they should officially call his administration "Looney Tunes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut