Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 10:17 AM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I know in Hamden last year, that one storm brought us over 30 inches. Where can I find the total snowfall for last year by town? Just curious.
You can always use the threads to look back on. :-) It's like Connecticut's Storm diary. Might have to scroll towards the end to find the totals. I or someone usually posts them.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...snowstorm.html

Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Storm snowfall totals. That's a large 8"+ coverage! Lok at New London County. lol. Just the way it tracked. It ended up a bit more west than projected. Upper Level low didn't go East enough either and the clipper was absorbed by the NorEaster so it kinda got dragged back towards the coast a bit. Hence more rain than thought too for more areas..
If I'm reading that right it looks like the Cape only got rain (what a banana belt.....)! If so, that would be impressive since I think you have to go down to coastal North or South Carolina to see only rain from this storm (if I'm not mistaken I heard that even Wilmington, NC on the coast got sleet and freezing rain and a serious ice storm out of this).

Old 02-14-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
If I'm reading that right it looks like the Cape only got rain (what a banana belt.....)! If so, that would be impressive since I think you have to go down to coastal North or South Carolina to see only rain from this storm (if I'm not mistaken I heard that even Wilmington, NC on the coast got sleet and freezing rain and a serious ice storm out of this).
That's a pretty interesting observation! Here's KBOX's storm report. I don't see any report from Barnstable county.

Here's another look at some snowfall reports across the area. Use link to interact and zoom in. Also note they have some storms in past to click and check on.

National Weather Service - Eastern Region Hydrometeorological Event Display

Attached Thumbnails
February 13, 2014 NorEaster Snowstorm-reports25.jpg  

Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
What's the deal for Saturday?? Just a little bit or something that's predicted to drop 5+ inches again??

Old 02-14-2014, 11:43 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
You can always use the threads to look back on. :-) It's like Connecticut's Storm diary. Might have to scroll towards the end to find the totals. I or someone usually posts them.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...snowstorm.html
Thanks. I was more looking for total snow fall for the winter. Just to compare for my own curiosity, nothing important.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:51 AM

413 posts, read 1,106,004 times
How much snow have we got this year compared to previous?

Old 02-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Thanks. I was more looking for total snow fall for the winter. Just to compare for my own curiosity, nothing important.
Unfortunately the only ones that keep good records are the main climo sites like BDR and BDL. The reports we see are mostly from individuals like ourselves.

But co-op stations might have some records available. Just not sure how they keep the books/stats/files.

Try this link and click on a site.

On left hand side under "snowfall" you can click "monthly totals". Some sites might not have it available. Danbury does.

Some sites are discontinued, some missing data and many not quality controlled and confirmed.

Use this link for BDR & BDL.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Wow, east of CT (i.e. RI, Boston area) tomorrow might be another 6-10" whopper! Winter Storm Warning posted for all of RI and most of Boston metro:

National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Also hurricane force winds offshore of Cape Cod Saturday night:

http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/w...wind%20warning

Old 02-14-2014, 01:52 PM

302 posts, read 295,773 times
Got up on the roof this morning and spent 5 hours cleaning it off completely. Here's the before and after.

And yes...this is heart attack snow. I might be in traction for a couple years after this.

Before:

After:

Attached Thumbnails
February 13, 2014 NorEaster Snowstorm-roof-before.jpg   February 13, 2014 NorEaster Snowstorm-roof-after.jpg  

Old 02-14-2014, 02:49 PM

167 posts, read 175,777 times
The City of New Haven continues to set the bar lower and lower when it comes to snow removal. New mayor in City Hall and this stuff is worse than ever.

This afternoon a WEEK long parking ban was issued for the odd site of streets in New Haven. Sunday to Sunday.

Weeklong Parking Ban Declared | New Haven Independent

So instead of taking the seemingly no-brainer route of issuing a pre-storm ban and letting the snow be cleared in a 24-hour period during and just after the storm, there's now a full week-long ban to get everything cleared. Such stellar incompetence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut