Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:53 AM

720 posts, read 920,160 times

Advertisements

Commission checks is all that keeps me here but it may no longer be enough.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:54 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Get counseling. Seriously.
Lol already did that and I didn't find it to be helpful at all. All she said was that I need to stop overthinking things in life, try to have fun, go with the flow and just take life as it comes. Right?

Anyway, I just learned that 2 of the 4 jobs I applied to are not going to work out. One of them, I asked a few friends who work within the company and they said that people in the department I applied to are fairly overworked and the department is in disarray. They also just laid off someone. How can I get excited about pursuing that?! The other opportunity just ended up not being a good fit for me, as I wasn't quite what they were looking for. The recruiter said that the Hartford area is rather stagnant now with jobs in my field. Therefore, I may not even be able to go back there for a long time. But my goal is to leave FFC ASAP.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:21 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,240,103 times
I just can't.

However, your counselor was right. Work hard, in something you enjoy, and the right things for you will come. Stress, worry....these cloud the good and you will never find the right path.

Nep, you really do have a lot of....interesting views. And, a lot of them just do not seem realistic. To each their own.

Leaving this thread now, because I'm just like...whoa.

Good luck to you.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:14 PM

691 posts, read 1,150,504 times
This thread will reach 100 pages by the end of the week, if not sooner.

Nep has had probably a dozen of these 100 pagers since I've been on City-Data.

..and he's still neurotic as ever. What happened to him moving to Utah or wherever?

I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
I just can't.

However, your counselor was right. Work hard, in something you enjoy, and the right things for you will come. Stress, worry....these cloud the good and you will never find the right path.

Nep, you really do have a lot of....interesting views. And, a lot of them just do not seem realistic. To each their own.

Leaving this thread now, because I'm just like...whoa.

Good luck to you.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:26 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,240,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction View Post
This thread will reach 100 pages by the end of the week, if not sooner.

Nep has had probably a dozen of these 100 pagers since I've been on City-Data.

..and he's still neurotic as ever. What happened to him moving to Utah or wherever?

I love it

Honestly, I find it just crazy. He and I have similar family backgrounds, from what I've read from his posts, and are similar ages. I am just at a loss to even imagine the type of person he is IRL. It just boggles my mind, that anyone can be in my age group and think/speak like this. If you don't take risks, SOMEWHERE in your life (even small ones!) things are NEVER going to change. Ridiculous. If you can't do that, then stop complaining that your life never changes or you are unhappy somewhere. Because, at that point, you are doing it to yourself.

Old 08-05-2014, 02:40 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Honestly, I find it just crazy. He and I have similar family backgrounds, from what I've read from his posts, and are similar ages. I am just at a loss to even imagine the type of person he is IRL. It just boggles my mind, that anyone can be in my age group and think/speak like this. If you don't take risks, SOMEWHERE in your life (even small ones!) things are NEVER going to change. Ridiculous. If you can't do that, then stop complaining that your life never changes or you are unhappy somewhere. Because, at that point, you are doing it to yourself.
I'm confused. What "risks" are you suggesting that I take? What's the big deal? I am simply attempting to find a job and move back to Hartford County.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:12 PM

691 posts, read 1,150,504 times
While I find your posts and track-record of epic threads that go absolutely nowhere hysterical, I really hope you're seeing a psychiatrist. You keep going around and around in circles with YOURSELF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I'm confused. What "risks" are you suggesting that I take? What's the big deal? I am simply attempting to find a job and move back to Hartford County.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I just got a phone call from one company I applied to in Hartford County. I'm afraid to call back. Suddenly, all the negative memories of living there over the past 6 years are coming back and freaking me out. I had two horrifying jobs with horrible managers, and was single, lonely and depressed the entire time I was there. I'm debating if I should even call back, now that push is coming to shove.

It's weird. Something inside me is almost hoping that it doesn't work out, just so that I can tell myself that I attempted to return to the Hartford area, but it didn't work out, so now it's okay to seek employment somewhere new. I feel like I'm doing the easiest, play-it-safe, family acceptable thing by applying to jobs up there. Sigh...idk anymore.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:14 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
This thread has gone way off topic and degraded into a personal advice column. I am shutting it down. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut