Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2018, 07:34 PM

830 posts, read 684,727 times

Advertisements

The longer we wait to speed up Metro-North, the problems resulting from not doing so will become more costly as well as the price itself to speed it up. Also, CT should fully commercialize and tax weed. There's a large, loyal group of smokers/bakers in CT that can bring in tax revenue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 07:37 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
The longer we wait to speed up Metro-North, the problems resulting from not doing so will become more costly as well as the price itself to speed it up. Also, CT should fully commercialize and tax weed. There's a large, loyal group of smokers/bakers in CT that can bring in tax revenue.
CT need new leadership but current candidates who running for governor you looking at another Malloy 2.0

Old 08-07-2018, 08:36 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post

Forget about speeding up metro north. They have actually added stations. That's not going to speed anything up. There's at least one bridge that is 110+ years old that needs to be replaced too. There's also another bridge close to this age on the NY side.

We have a much better chance at widening I-95 before any thing improves on metro north. I think we may have actually reached conspiracy territory, but the conspirators don't know each other yet.

If i-95 was any better ridership on metro north would drop faster than Malloy's ratings and metro north has about a 55% fare box recovery rate which is the 2nd or 3rd highest rate for any public transportation agency in the United States.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:31 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
I know this works some places but adding a stop light at entrance to highways so that many cars wont merge on at the same time slowing everyone down . It will back on ramps up but atleast the highways wr stay moving
I posted this before, but CTDOT has studied this. The problem is that to do this you must have either long enough ramps to store cars waiting to get on the highway or a good network of local road to accept overflow traffic. We do not have either. Jay

Old 08-09-2018, 07:36 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Things are heating up about 10 million study do CT need another toll study which we already done 2 already so far.

Legislator Sues To Block Malloy's $10M Study Of Electronic Tolls - Hartford Courant

Old 08-09-2018, 08:48 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Things are heating up about 10 million study do CT need another toll study which we already done 2 already so far.

Legislator Sues To Block Malloy's $10M Study Of Electronic Tolls - Hartford Courant
I particularly like Governor Malloy's spokesperson's response to this worthless lawsuit and his description of Markley:

“Sen. Markley is just plain wrong. And quite frankly, when it comes to modernizing an aging infrastructure and building the kind of transportation system Connecticut deserves, he has subscribed to the modern-day “know-nothing” philosophy — proactively choosing to know less, rejecting options before even fully understanding them, and doing nothing.”

This is an accurate description of State Senator Markley. He knows nothing about modern transportation and has chosen to remain ignorant rather than educate himself on it. That is particularly disturbing to me since he is a candidate for Lt. Governor. I am not voting for this jerk. Jay

Old 08-09-2018, 09:27 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Just raise the gas tax to 65 cents and be done with it

Old 08-09-2018, 03:56 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,266 times
So 8 yrs in office, Malloy doesnt accomplish anything other than raising taxes us to prosperity,
and trying to garner a Federal position under Hillary. Failed at both, so now his big F U to everyone is this wasteful study!
He had 8 yrs to accomplish tolls.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:02 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,801,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I particularly like Governor Malloy's spokesperson's response to this worthless lawsuit and his description of Markley:

“Sen. Markley is just plain wrong. And quite frankly, when it comes to modernizing an aging infrastructure and building the kind of transportation system Connecticut deserves, he has subscribed to the modern-day “know-nothing” philosophy — proactively choosing to know less, rejecting options before even fully understanding them, and doing nothing.”

This is an accurate description of State Senator Markley. He knows nothing about modern transportation and has chosen to remain ignorant rather than educate himself on it. That is particularly disturbing to me since he is a candidate for Lt. Governor. I am not voting for this jerk. Jay
I agree with you. His "Bus to Nowhere" ads and criticism of rail investment shows that he doesn't believe in meeting the 21st-Century transportation needs and desires of younger people. Making all the highways 10 lanes wide is not the answer to moving people around.

There needs to be a mixture of transportation options. HOV lanes could be expanded and include micro-cars that are under a certain GVWR that would have less impact on the roads and environment.

A small state like Connecticut could be a model of connectivity with walkability, greenways, rail/light rail, buses, and smart highways. Markley's plan is solely focused on roads and is stuck in the past. Anyone who is forced to travel the congested and dangerous highway system knows that highways cannot be the sole answer to moving people around.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:00 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
CT does need transportation to be modernized. Only on certain highways could they possibly build two more lanes without taking any other land. Outside of that CT is too overly developed for any huge changes or improvements to highway system. There is no way to build more bus lanes; though a Express bus lane from Hartford to New Haven be cool.

Outside of infrastructure maintenance. Think what CT should focus on is improving the rail line from Hartford to New Haven. Placing new cars on the line. Funding improvements of train stations in CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut