Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:52 AM

4,460 posts, read 3,354,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V&L View Post
I know nothing about business but quite a lot about psychology.
Now I remember you are in the psychology field. I have a question for you. Why do you think all the posters on the Connecticut forum are drawn to the drama of NEP's life, make comments in his threads and keep trying to help him and give advice even though he never seems to heed it.

That is the bigger question that's baffling me.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:55 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
So far I've read the entire 9 pages of this thread.

IN VERY KIND / ALSO GOOD INTENTIONED TOUGH LOVE:

NEP you are unemployed.

NEP you have a spotty employment history.

NEP you have no leverage.

NEP your unemployment checks will end soon enough.

NEP you cannot dictate what you feel you deserve after the first 4 points I made before this.

NEP if you were getting jobs offers "left and right" then you can "play the game" of awaiting a close to your appropriate job offer.

NEP a job and or company is not enjoying in a country club in that all you feel that you're entitled to will be offered especially in this the lower waged Obama economy.

NEP if you don't want the job tell them to offer the same to me - I'm a quick learner.

Your friend here in CD,
lol-its-good4U

Old 03-08-2016, 06:57 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,424,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
lol. So you let $1,000/year and a single sick day determine whether you relocate to a different state, continue to be unemployed and plateau your career? That's not normal Nep, I'm sorry.
Agreed. That is such a strange hill to die on. One PTO day and $1K? That is ridiculous.

Good luck with your next episode of self sabotage, nep. Perhaps I will pop back in when we are on page 18 to see how this latest saga ends.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,182,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Agreed. That is such a strange hill to die on. One PTO day and $1K? That is ridiculous.

Good luck with your next episode of self sabotage, nep. Perhaps I will pop back in when we are on page 18 to see how this latest saga ends.
It won't make it to page 18.
Prediction: It wont survive the day

Old 03-08-2016, 07:14 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,689,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post

Old 03-08-2016, 07:17 AM
V&L

112 posts, read 150,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Now I remember you are in the psychology field. I have a question for you. Why do you think all the posters on the Connecticut forum are drawn to the drama of NEP's life, make comments in his threads and keep trying to help him and give advice even though he never seems to heed it.

That is the bigger question that's baffling me.
I am not familiar with the OP's other posts but in terms of this particular posting, I think because it touches on the very sensitive issue of pride/self-worth versus pragmatism/having a job and as such, it is deeply personal to most people. Virtually all of us had been in a situation where we had to swallow our pride and sense of injustice or hurt and accept (or keep) a job where we did not feel truly valued and fairly compensated, simply because we had to have a job and the pickings were slim, so to speak. Furthermore, 70 thousand dollars is more than the national snc state average (except for Fairfield county), so when someone comes in with a less than stellar employment history and begins to act as if it was almost insulting to receive such an offer, than we ourselves feel insulted in a way. What the OP lacks is an understanding that job offers are rarely personal (even if to us they might feel that way), and even if he is not happy with the offer, there is no reason to act as if there was anything insulting about receiving it. The fact that he does, make us feel as if he had called us all suckers (even if he did not), because he seems to think he deserves better treatment (offers) than most of us, and that, of course, can make men's pulse race . I think if he had merely asked people's opinion on the subject without any element of him considering the offer ridiculous and/or insulting, the OP would have gotten more neutral reactions as well.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:30 AM

132 posts, read 149,546 times
Is this guy serious?

Offer seems pretty fair to me for a "manager" position that doesn't actually manage anyone.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:30 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,958,320 times
There is no sense of entitlement here. I'm sorry, but I think it's reasonable to expect and receive pay and benefits that are appropriate and well in line with what I've always been receiving. I can't just swallow ANY offer that comes my way from ANY company and assume that what they're offering me is the "norm" or what I'm "worth." I am really shocked at most of the comments in this thread.

I will not be motivated to work hard as a MANAGER making only $68K. Give me a break.

AND...I also just found out that this company only gives 6 paid holidays per year, which is also very low. What a JOKE! There's absolutely NOTHING redeeming about this offer whatsoever.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:35 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,958,320 times
Also, the fact that my resume history is unstable doesn't matter too much when it comes to the offered salary. Despite big gaps of unemployment, I have ALWAYS gotten pay raises when getting a new job.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:44 AM

132 posts, read 149,546 times
So a company should shell out top dollar to someone who has a history of not sticking around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut